India Test Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
Anyone give Australia any chance in the series?
Will they win a test at all?
India 4-0 for me.
I am surprised we aren't playing two spinners.
Batting line up looks a bit light on I reckon with Wade at 6.

Top 4 are all openers so maybe they are expecting some troubles against the new ball.

Henriques I'm not convinced about just yet, he may prove me wrong as there are some better judges than me who rate him. Then again I'm not that big of a fan of maxwell so maybe moises is the lesser of 2 evils.

Should be a good series. Both sides have changed a fair bit since we flogged them last summer. Would be ironic if they handed us a whitewash in return.

Who is the idiot in charge of not picking 2 spinners ?? Not this John Inverarity clown I always hear about is it ?

Just need to look back at the last test series over there. England played Swann on his own 1st test and got hammered, picked Swann and Panesar from then on and dominated the rest of the series

and didn't India pick four spinners in one of those tests against the poms? That alone should tell you something.

Chip and Chase said:
Top 4 are all openers so maybe they are expecting some troubles against the new ball.

Good point C & C. I think it further illustrates the lack of depth in the Aussie batting at the moment. If we had a strong number 3 & 4, two out of Warner, Cowan, Hughes & Watson wouldn't be playing, 'cause as you said, they are all really openers.

Problem is we don 't have a second spinner of any quality. Maxwell doesn't 't strike me as a wicket taking test spinner. The last time we won in India we did it with one spinner (albeit a good one). What second spinner are you suggesting we use KE ? Maybe clarkey will roll the arm over a bit. I think Watson not bowling is a big loss, he gets wickets over there and can get it to go reverse.

C & C is on the money.

We simply dont have a 2nd spinner of any note, some may say we dont actually have 1.

and Watson not bowling upsets the balance a lot, if he was bowling Khawaja would be in there.

openers batting down the order is a furphy, its happened for years, David Boon, Mike Hussey, Wayne Phillips, the list is long.

And Watson is not an opener, he has opened with some success, but he only went there because it was the only spot available on an ashes tour.

The days of us turning up with the same 11 week in week out and rolling over teams are long gone, get used to some chopping and changing for at least the next couple of years.

Kreja or however you spell it would be better than nothing, even beer looked ok in the big bash, think he may be injured now though

Beer is injured.

Krejza has gone backwards (according to selectors)

best young guys appear to be Zampa, Boyce and Agar.

the vic nobs are even talking up that asylum seeker guy.

geez that pitch looked awful after just one day of cricket. If we can bat out to near 400 it will give us a real good chance even with only Lyon. So far Ashwin has done pretty much all the damage lets hope Lyon follows that lead.

Still wondering as to Henriques over Maxwell with a 1st day wicket that took just 6 overs to see spin.

Bit of luck from MSD last night, Lyon beat him in flight a couple of times but he ended up hitting them miles in the air and got enough carry to clear the rope. Big bats and hitting through the line these days means just about any good contact goes for six, even if you're not quite there. But it has been a good knock, no doubt about that, game is firmly in the hands of the Indians now on a dustbowl with 3 spinners. If Dhoni keeps going today he will get the highest score by an Indian Captain (217 from memory) and also the highest score ever by a keeper (232).

Thought Warner would have been worth a go earlier yesterday. Nothing to lose in bringing him on and having a crack.

Just saw some footage of the deck for the first time. (I dont have Foxtel so I have to rely on net updates). That deck is disgraceful. Dust bowl indeed.

There were a couple of healthy LBW appeals last night that would have warranted a DRS if the Indians had allowed the technology.

We should have wrapped this up at 8/400 odd and kept the lead under 50, they didn't put any pressure on Dhoni and he did as he pleased, so a little disappointed with Clarkes tactics at times.

It's going to be an interesting last couple of days with a 150+ lead looking likely. Will be a test of the Aussie batting patience and technique, not sure who will stand up for us.

Clint said:
Just saw some footage of the deck for the first time. (I dont have Foxtel so I have to rely on net updates). That deck is disgraceful. Dust bowl indeed.

Haven't seen any of it, but 900 runs in 3 days for the loss of 18 wickets suggests it isn't that bad a deck

It's just very dry and dusty, no grass on it whatsoever. How it plays the next 2 days is the key though.

agree C&C Clarke's tactics showed no belief in his bowlers.

Pattinson takes 2 in 3 overs then gets a spell.

Dhoni came down the wicket and slogged Lyon a couple of times early but not overly convincingly at that stage so Clarke removes all the catching men and gives Dhoni all the time and space in the world to get his eye in the rest as they say is history.

2 overs of spin outside Lyon in the first 400 runs is just stupid on a pitch like that. Why didnt Warner and Clarke bowl more?

What about the 3 first ball slogs - how dumb are our bowlers and captain is they cannot see the trend?

We have seen Lyon bowl 30+ overs a few times before and every time he gets past that 30 over mark he gets tired and stops trying to take a wicket, just reverts to trying to get through his overs. His line changed completely from the footmarks where he got tendulkar to 4 inches outside off. Poor bowling on the back of poor captaincy and poor selection.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6