Impact

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Jamie is doing a fair job from the bench , would love to see another dummy half there to give ballin a breather, hodges would be worth a shot, other teams like Penrith have been getting good impact, and as the game has changed, you need to move with it, tired forward being exposed late in each half, a fresh light footed hodges could be a blessing in disguise ..... What do you guys think.......

Hodges, I always notice him in the lower grades, so he maybe the next newbie on the bench.

Jesse should go really well tonight with more game time :angel:

c eagle said:
Jamie is doing a fair job from the bench , would love to see another dummy half there to give ballin a breather, hodges would be worth a shot, other teams like Penrith have been getting good impact, and as the game has changed, you need to move with it, tired forward being exposed late in each half, a fresh light footed hodges could be a blessing in disguise ..... What do you guys think.......

Yes, could be worth a go. Matt holds our defence together and is a workaholic. He rarely gets the credit he deserves, imo. One aspect of his game that could be improved is his speed/running game. But when in a match do you replace him? When we are behind and in need of points? We managed late points to beat Souffs and Doesn'tmatta.
When we are under siege? That would almost certainly weaken our defence.
Perhaps it's a question that should be put to Matt. He'd know if it would be a help or a hindrance.
Matt seems to be one of those players intelligent enough to have a big future in RL after he stops playing, either coaching, training, in administration or in the media.

With the risk of being shot down here, I think it was on Sterlo's show the other night that he pointed out a few plays from Cam Smith. Most of the time he's there and hitting the runner but when the tacklers are tardy at getting square at marker is when he picks his time to engage the wider defenders which makes the extra space/metres needed to cash in.
Matty is up there with Smith in this regard - he'd be Qld's hooker for the past 5 years apart from Smith - yes, a nippy backup may not hurt but where our team's at currently, Ferris and three guys that can play front row sits fine with me.
It's only Rd 4 and even if we lose tonight we'll be 2-2 after having played teams 1, 2, 3 from last year and they'll be close to that again.
No need to roll the dice yet, there's plenty of time for Hodges, Turbo etc yet.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6