Immortal Beaver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And to compare Beaver to thats gold Harrigan spanks of treason to me. If you arent drinking you should. If you are drinking time to put the west coast coolers down because your comments spank of a west coast eagle convert. I guess you got admin status because of your silver tail. You clearly have never run at anyone to make those callz. FAIL mate
Well you just lost all your credibility.

Just because he didn't play for us, Harrigon was a very good forward, hence his history with NSW, his memorable clashes with Spud and so on.

He may have a laughable media career but football skill doesn't really depend on that.

Anyway since you can't play nice and argue a point without just being an asshole and playing a man, this thread has a very short lifespan

Agree with those who don't think Beaver is immortal material. I haven't been watching footy for a long time unlike others around here but from what I have seen, immortals are those who have dominated their eras and would dominate other eras hands down.

Not comparing Johns and Menzies as players, but if you compare their roles & influence in their position to other players in those positions then you can really see the difference between Beaver and the immortals. Johns was a genius on the field and revolutionised that position. He dominated halves and would have done the same in other eras which I don't think Menzies would have been able to do. Haven't seen much of any of the other immortals but that's my observation.

Last edited:
I might add to that fans from 15 other clubs will throw up the old "played 500 games and never done a single hit up" joke.

Please don't get me wrong I loved Menzies will go down as my favourite all time Manly player, but that doesn't make him immortal. My kids won't know who he was, he just isn't and wouldnt be talked about in that way

You should at least tell your son about beaver...when he's old enough!

Err....The nrl should have a hall of fame at least (unless they have one). Most of the sports over here have one...and it's run by the sports, not some journo's because their paper started it.

Steve would definitely be in the NRL hall of fame.

But why would the nrl implement an idea that works well I guess.

Sadly I don't think he will be recognised for his achievements. He is deserving, however; he does not have the public affairs backing him up. These days you need to be a media darling to get this sort of recognition!
Agree, could you imagine the meltdown North of the Border if Beaver were made an immortal and (I owe the game nothing) Mal Meninga wasn't.

I must say it would be hilarious.

Does an Immortal Beaver still lose some elasticity & also taste a bit stronger when aged ?

He is clearly an immortal. If he's not then half the others shouldn't be. Especially mal and langlands.

Well you just lost all your credibility.

Just because he didn't play for us, Harrigon was a very good forward, hence his history with NSW, his memorable clashes with Spud and so on.

He may have a laughable media career but football skill doesn't really depend on that.

Anyway since you can't play nice and argue a point without just being an asshole and playing a man, this thread has a very short lifespan

Also, get the bloke to change his username - an obvious dig at me.

Not so sure about @midget bank manager either !!

Beaver would be my favorite all time player (well tied with Des) but Glenn Lazarus would be above him in immortal status.

The brick won premierships at 3 different clubs so must have had something going for him.

Alll l I know is that Beaver is a Manly Sea Eagles Immortal, not many players get a grand stand named after them!

Seriously I think the next immortals should include guys like Thurston, Lockyer, Meninga, Fittler ect

For my two cents worth, I see Beaver as a true legend of our club. He was the most potent try scoring forward in history, had amazing longevity, and the best defensive player I've seen.

Do I honestly class him as an immortal - no. Steve was a great player, but to have immortal status, they need to be uniquely special, someone who dominated the game, someone that when people watched them play thought that surely nobody will come along better than him. As good as Beaver was, he wasn't in that class.

If you took Cliffy out of our side, you could erase half of his tries straight away, they had a tremendous combination, but Menzies wasn't the player to take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it for you single-handidly - Cliffy did that for us during the 90's.

I love Menzies, and as @globaleagle said, a hall of fame would be befitting of him, but not immortal status.

Im as good a chance of being named an Immortal as the great Beaver is.

Great, great player.....yes
Exceptional clubman.....yes
Brilliant defender.....yes
Try scoring genius....yes
Off field gentleman.....yes
Ambassador for MWSE...yes

Immortal......no. just not happening

Club Legend.....absolutely

Game Immortal .....absolutely not

Lockyer will be next, Thurston after that , sadly I think Cameron Smith may also make the list.

All are " loved by the media", an essential ingredient !

Club Legend.....absolutely

Game Immortal .....absolutely not

Lockyer will be next, Thurston after that , sadly I think Cameron Smith may also make the list.

All are " loved by the media", an essential ingredient !
Lockyer didn't dominate in my opinion, vastly overrated,Thurston is short a premiership at the cows and Smith well i hate the bloke but he's absolutely the blueprint for all hookers to follow at this point in the game's life, his immortality is not in question

Beaver would be my favorite all time player (well tied with Des) but Glenn Lazarus would be above him in immortal status.

The brick won premierships at 3 different clubs so must have had something going for him.
I think that's a good point. I've often thought Lazarus doesn't quite the recognition he deserves. Whilst he played in some great teams (raiders and Broncs) he took the storm to their first premiership, something which very few others could have done.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8