I'm impressed - not a 1 man team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What it highlights to me is that when Tommy comes back he needs to change his approach to the game and start picking the times to inject himself instead of constantly doing numerous hit ups and trying to break tackles in close. Tommy needs to get the ball in space not be a battering ram and a meter eater. If our forwards maintain their effort and go forward that shouldn't be necessary anymore.

What it highlights to me is that when Tommy comes back he needs to change his approach to the game and start picking the times to inject himself instead of constantly doing numerous hit ups and trying to break tackles in close. Tommy needs to get the ball in space not be a battering ram and a meter eater. If our forwards maintain their effort and go forward that shouldn't be necessary anymore.
O K for Turbo to do the occasional hit up when the side is under a bit of pressure or for a bit of momentum but certainly not on a regular basis . Going to miss Foz 's direction next season but sure that he can still find his opportunities with whatever play makers or attacking structure . Garrick definitely now getting more comfortable and effective at the back , setback not to have one of the comp "s elite players available but plenty of talent still in the back line to utilize

They're playing as a team because they had a captain whose all about the club and his players for the last 2 weeks. But alas it's back to captain polariser, what's in it for me now. Watch them play like it too.
Yeah Qld looked pretty disinterested following the polarising DCE around last week, I shudder to think how he will ruin Manly's performance on Friday. Hopefully our players won't realise he is there and play well again. @:D

Sipley's been simply awesome, he's really hitting the line hard and loving his one on one steals also.
You'd want to be making a decent impact if you are only playing 24 minutes a game, and he is. Would love him to slowly increase his capacity because he does add quite a lot to the side before he runs out of steam.

I couldn't agree more. And I thought a couple of games at the start of this year showed the

1. Pass to Tom
2. Sit back and admire
3. Win game

If we can keep the current work hard mentality allround the pitch, and then you add Tom back in to explode the game....whoa! Top 4 material.

You'd want to be making a decent impact if you are only playing 24 minutes a game, and he is. Would love him to slowly increase his capacity because he does add quite a lot to the side before he runs out of steam.
And he is, it's 24min of quality, and it's where it counts in the first 20mins. The Sipley from before was only doing 10 to 15 min stints. Sipley has now built up a formidable partnership with Josh A and taking us to another level.

Sipley in the last two weeks has been the best he has played for Manly in succession.

If he can do it this week we will have another forward getting to consistent strong performances. What we have been lacking.
I’ve noticed his improvement too. He looks much fitter, having put some games together. When he gets injured, he puts weight on quickly and looks very top heavy. His legs look like they belong to the rest of his body again and his form has improved as a result.

Certainly hope that Alioia and Sipley can do well in the ruck area again but if Paseka is fully fit , also hope that he will be on the bench to really inject himself into the fray then . Surely must be considered with more to offer then Marty or Keppie . Marty and Keppie have been O K recently but against quite average middle opposition at times . Sipley does look more agile and eager this season , showed it in the trials and has generally kept it going

We’ve won the last to games because of discipline no lying over the ball player & reduced stupid lifting tackles.
I agree to an extent. I think we have been better with our contact, which means you can lay on the tackled player longer. We were giving away those stupid penalties because we were trying to slow the ruck down, without earning the right...if the opposition is rolling through the middle, you get pinged when you try and slow things down.

We’ve won the last to games because of discipline no lying over the ball player & reduced stupid lifting tackles.
That's the beauty of opinion - I see the experienced blokes like Foz and Jake lifting and the entire team digging deeper on the back of it, realising all are accountable in working towards a better result....though I do agree the dumb penalties and cheap turnovers, were definitely a big part of a poor patch of form.

Manly are not a 1 man team But Tom makes a difference , Koula is making a difference now , his defence has been great we will see more of his running game but he won't be the go to guy like the team has in the past with Tom
The next few weeks will tell if this team can play like a team and not rely on one player

Yeah Qld looked pretty disinterested following the polarising DCE around last week, I shudder to think how he will ruin Manly's performance on Friday. Hopefully our players won't realise he is there and play well again. @:D
Qld won on the back of what Munster was doing not DCE. If he styfles Olakau'atu and Koula again I'll smash my head into the TV.

If he styfles Olakau'atu and Koula again I'll smash my head into the TV.
Yeah I suppose it might be coincidence they have gone so well in his absence this last couple of games...if not... I might join you and smash my head into the TV too. Hey, maybe we should all do it!

Qld won on the back of what Munster was doing not DCE. If he styfles Olakau'atu and Koula again I'll smash my head into the TV.
No doubt Foz has shown that direct style has opened up that right edge, giving time and space for big Oka in particular, to really add zing and options that we have struggled to find in games....DCE has a habit of playing lateral and this happens particularly when our middle is struggling with momentum, but if we keep winning the battle in the middle 3rd, I think DCE will arrow far more which will help continue the pattern of the last 2 games.
I get the point 100%, but wouldn't give up on DCE, he is a great competitor and though has the odd sideways attacking option, or defensive blooper, he has many star abilities and is a key member of Manly are to mount any serious challenge in 2022.

Which part?
The part that says the DCE contract is what has apparently destroyed our roster.

Let's look at some rough numbers. DCE is on 1.2 - 1.3 mill. Even though I think we are lucky to have him I can agree that he's probably more a £1 million max player. Thats only a difference of 1 - 2 minimum player wages out of 30 positions. players that may or may not even get a game in a regular season.

What has affected our cap are contracts for Jake - 900k , Marty - £800k and the fact we have no brown paper bags being passed about.

Jake as good as he is is no more than a £750k player. we paid overs to make sure Tom Signed.

Marty is a £550k player at best.

Looking at roster positions its amazing how many good sides have empty positions in their roster. Why? not to sign someone for 2 months at the end of the year that's for sure. Its because they are using that cash for their better players.

Penrith have 2 empty spaces as a point.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8