If we make finals...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

happy to come 8th and get bounced out in rd 1 of semis?

• No - getting beaten heavily is unacceptable.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • No - we aren't building to bigger things like in 05

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Yes - 2 years without semis this is an improvement.

Votes: 42 70.0%

• Total voters

double hoops

First Grader
Now more than ever finding form come finals and having a healthy list matters.

That the team have started to turn it around and got that tough come from behind 1 point win out of the way.

There is hope yet.

Most of the teams above us are not going any better.

If we can just find a bit more form this week, to ignite a little confidence. You just never know.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
It will be interesting to see if we get through and play the Dragons. Now that Penrith have lost, if we win on Saturday we will jump them and move into 6th (assuming Cows lose). If Dragons win they will be 7th and we will play them week one of the finals.

I would love to end this bogey side business in the finals.

conanu

Bencher
We need semi finals experience to build this team towards our next overdue premiership.

They will learn from it and be better for it.

Chuck in a full salary cap to spend next year and we can have a better crack

The experience is a huge thing especially for our younger players like Tom T and Jake. Plus good players want to come to clubs that play finals, If you are playing finals footy it might just help you to not have to pay overs to get some quality signings.

double hoops

First Grader
Except Melbourne, Doesn'tmatta, Easts . . .
Yeah so Sharks, Cows, Riff, Broncos. Lets even throw drag queens into the mix, they aren't anything special.

There's actually an opportunity to find form in finals with this 5 plays 8, 6 plays 7 format.

Grind out a win week one of finals and anything is possible.

Come on boys. A win this week and the comp starts all over again.;-)

The Artist

Manly are always in the finals. We're known for it. We either win or at least play in a s@&tload of grand finals. I wanna see us back in the finals. 3 years in a row out of em would not be cool

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
We'll put in a reasonable showing in the semi final, but it will be out of our hands. The NRL have already arranged, (through their loyal agents/representatives (Cecchin, Perenara)) that it will be a
Storm v Broncos GF. And the Storm will win, with a fairytale finish for Billy, Cammie and Coopy.
The script for this event went through final editing, and was given approval back in March.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Finals experience is a great thing but in sports psychology 2017 there are no big games. That is an old mentality that placed perceived limits and expectations where there was none.
It's another game, play to your strength and win.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Finals experience is a great thing but in sports psychology 2017 there are no big games. That is an old mentality that placed perceived limits and expectations where there was none.

No offence Manly, but that sounds like it was written by a Psychologist that never played finals football.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Yeah.

GF day, just another game, meh.

SOO ? Nah mate, just like a midweek Amco Cup, all good.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
We'll put in a reasonable showing in the semi final, but it will be out of our hands. The NRL have already arranged, (through their loyal agents/representatives (Cecchin, Perenara)) that it will be a
Storm v Broncos GF. And the Storm will win, with a fairytale finish for Billy, Cammie and Coopy.
The script for this event went through final editing, and was given approval back in March.
Disagree. Judging by NRL history the Dogs cheated the cap and win next yr. Storm cheated the cap and won 2 yr later. Parra cheated the cap and now !?!?. All being setup for the scumbag Westie bullsht feel good fairytale story to counter the GWS.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
No offence Manly, but that sounds like it was written by a Psychologist that never played finals football.

Yeah.

GF day, just another game, meh.

SOO ? Nah mate, just like a midweek Amco Cup, all good.

Do you want players thinking " wow this is origin, i best not mess up as this is the biggest stage"during the game or concentrating on what they can control ie their actions

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18