If we make finals...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

happy to come 8th and get bounced out in rd 1 of semis?

• No - getting beaten heavily is unacceptable.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • No - we aren't building to bigger things like in 05

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Yes - 2 years without semis this is an improvement.

Votes: 42 70.0%

• Total voters

Killer03

Bencher
I think we will, the drags will go down, will we win? Hmmm not sure. But the question is would you be happy if we make it in 8th and we get bounced out heavily like we did v the Eels in 05? I was very happy in 05 to make it, and personally where there is life there is hope, but some on here certainly think we shouldn't bother if we are going to get pumped. So ok assume we make it and we do get pumped.....are you happy?

I think we will, the drags will go down, will we win? Hmmm not sure. But the question is would you be happy if we make it in 8th and we get bounced out heavily like we did v the Eels in 05? I was very happy in 05 to make it, and personally where there is life there is hope, but some on here certainly think we shouldn't bother if we are going to get pumped. So ok assume we make it and we do get pumped.....are you happy?

All due respect - none of the above mate.

I kind of expected us to play in the finals. I think our roster is ridiculously talented (and I know many disagree). Next week we get back a healthy (I hope) Curtis Sironen, which will really toughen our backrow. Who misses out, I'm going to feel really bad for, but guessing one of Lane, Winterstein or Brown (all of who have played very well).

I also look at the AFL. Western Bulldogs snuck into the 8, and won their way through. So, like the start of the season, I'm thinking positively, and with hope.

Skies the limit for me.

All due respect - none of the above mate.

I kind of expected us to play in the finals. I think our roster is ridiculously talented (and I know many disagree). Next week we get back a healthy (I hope) Curtis Sironen, which will really toughen our backrow. Who misses out, I'm going to feel really bad for, but guessing one of Lane, Winterstein or Brown (all of who have played very well).

I also look at the AFL. Western Bulldogs snuck into the 8, and won their way through. So, like the start of the season, I'm thinking positively, and with hope.

Skies the limit for me.

All due respect...love the optimism. Sadly lacking on here recently (and not completely unwarranted).

Personally Im always wanting to make semis and then we have a punchers chance.

History suggests that no one can win from the bottom four of the top 8, although the way I view it is that such history is made to be broken. We need to start the finals a week early

History has also shown no team has won the comp from outside the 8.
That being my point. It generally is due to the fact that the sides in the bottom half of the top 8 are worse sides than them in the top 4 although this side has shown to be one that can beat anyone when on a roll. We can't look too far ahead though as it all hangs on whether we can win next week.

Gee I hope we start playing hard, quick footy then... Because I couldn't see us beating either St George or Panthers on todays effort. WE are looking tired and hurt across the park. Bag me, slag me, I dont care but we aint taking any form into the final round. I hope we win, I will be there, but fark me we are really going to have to improve 200%

It is on our hands now. We have struggled to beat the Riff since 14 and we owe them one after we got Perenared at their place. Whats the bet that we get the same ref this week. We need to fill Brookvale this week and give the boys as much support as possible. it will be an emotional day with the farewells going on as well. Whatever the result, this season has give me hope of better things to come.

We need to give them as much support as possible. There's been a horrible malaise about the club and supporters last month or more. We go to turn it around. Send them the positive energy they need to achieve what many thought impossible.

I think it would be a massive let down to miss out on the finals given we sat in 3rd place 6 weeks ago and we were in the top 4 at half time against the Tigs two weeks ago.

I just want to see us build something. You look at Parramatta; they haven't featured in the finals since 2009; it's hard to make the finals...it's an achievement in itself.

It is on our hands now. We have struggled to beat the Riff since 14 and we owe them one after we got Perenared at their place. Whats the bet that we get the same ref this week. We need to fill Brookvale this week and give the boys as much support as possible. it will be an emotional day with the farewells going on as well. Whatever the result, this season has give me hope of better things to come.
Watch the genius of Perenara if he gets our game. Instead of leaving the penalty count even up to the second half, that shrewd progressive thinking Perenara is saving it across games. Watch Manly win the penalty count to the tone of around 14-4 lol

Panthers aren't that great, I watched their game today, we WILL beat them.

Cowboys may well be in 8th as I believe the Donkeys won't let Friday night happen again.

I'm confident and hopefull, as is @mickqld , we are doing our " positive" deal this week.

Get on board it's fun!!

Heart says that if we make semis we can go on a run. Head says if we make it we'll be cannon fodder. We'll probably play Dragons first week of semis and they are our bogey side.....how do we turn around that 50 point flogging. Even if we somehow survive week one, on current form we are so far off the pace of the top 4 teams it could be embarrassing.

Anyway let's just concentrate on the Panthers first and also cheer on the Dogs to do us a solid.

I'll be pleased this year for Manly to make the finals. I think they can win one more game after that but my eyes are then on '18. Last season and this season parallel '04 (13th) and '05 (8th). in 2006 we made 5th so that should at least be our minimum for next year. And of course in the following year we were cheated out of a grand final win by the Storm. Will we be there in 2019? The group of players we have are talented. Some potential test stars. They are just inexperienced at this stage and just need one or two holes filled (perhaps by what we have already) to go the next step.

It's quite simple for me, we win we deserve to play finals, we don't we are prob don't deserve to be there. We are and have been the masters of our own destiny. If the win over NZ doesn't get us on the up nothing will.
Manly 28 Penrith 12
Bring on finals!

Winning 3 games in Golden Point will also perk up the confidence of the Manly players.:nod:

Basically the finals for Manly will be Golden Point games - must win games, Manly did win 3 already :p

At this time of year you need more momentum and the confidence that eschews.

We don't have it. We have had it. Can we ...?

Last edited:
Our boys are just as talented as the Panthers! We have the players to give it to anyone in the Premiership when on song! The fat lady hasn't sung yet & i think she'll lose a lot of weight by the end of next weekend. With Sironen reportedly back & ready to go we will see much improvement in our play! Remember he along with Marty were our most prolific 'off loaders'.....something the team & Marty haven't been doing much lately & this coincided with Sironen not playing! Confidence has been lacking & was up until the last 10 minutes yesterday! The character & elation ALL the players showed in that victory was enough to convince me that they will be a different proposition from now on! It was the injection they needed!! Team selection for next week & beyond will be interesting. For the Panthers game & Sironen hopefully back, someone misses out.......for mine Sironen is straight back into the 2nd Row alongside Winterstein. Marty & AFB to start with Jake locking the pack. Brown, Lussick, Tanginoa, Lane off the bench. Tanginoa goes hard & is the perfect foil for AFB when he comes off. We need to fight fire with fire & I believe our forwards have it in them to match it with the Panthers pack. Our pack has grunt & mobility.......As for the backs, well Wright isn't playing as he was when Taufua was injured. Kelly is rough but showed what he can do in the 2nd half of yesterdays match. Give them another go next week. That victory may have given them something to go on with & prove a point to the constant knockers. Hopefully no rain but even then I reckon we'll flog the Panthers!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8