If Snake is back, where does Hiku go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mal Cochrane said:
i wouldn't go into a game with 2 fullbacks. if Snake is dicey about getting through a game, leave Hiku there

Might be that the mental lift alone is worth it, a guy with good footwork given free reign might cause a tiring big side like souths some issues.

Hiku has one failing which applies to playing centre OR fullback, in that he sometimes fails to read the game and pass. In the first half he stuffed and almost certain try by failing to pass inside to Lyon.

His general play is great, and he will make a fine fine centre. Cant help thinking that Stevies body may be catching up with him.

This will be Hiku's spot.
Do we have a knickname for him yet ?

Snake if 100% fit. With him in the side our attack looks crisp and his timing is impeccable. Tonight passes went to ground or behind players.

Hiku is a star of the future. Dave Warwrick best talent scout in the game.

Look at the reserve graders who are now genuine 1st graders.

If Hiku had a bit more speed he could have Brett's job now. So solid in general play and returns the ball well but Brett's type of blinding speed in semi gaps is killing us.

I've gotta say Matai was poor in defense tonight because he is carrying some shocking injuries. Hiku would cover his center spot no worries. Stevie missed so many tackles tonight. I hate to say it but his injuries may cost us.

Hiku was great again tonight, but if snake is fit im not sure if you can carry a small man on the bench.

I really wish the NRL would increase the size of the bench, it would give people so much more opportunity.

I think its only fair he be there, and lets face it, snake is at risk of injury.

Darren said:
If Hiku had a bit more speed he could have Brett's job now. So solid in general play and returns the ball well but Brett's type of blinding speed in semi gaps is killing us.

Different styles of game. Brett is better in finishing and we miss him in attack, he is also better defensively in goal.

Hiku on the other hand does the tuff stuff in between our 25 and the opposition 25 a lot better than Snake.

COMMANDER said:
Darren said:

Different styles of game. Brett is better in finishing and we miss him in attack, he is also better defensively in goal.

Hiku on the other hand does the tuff stuff in between our 25 and the opposition 25 a lot better than Snake.

Hiku had a fine game , but was caught out of position when Fifita scored from the grubber. We need Stewart if Reynolds brings his A grade kicking game.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Hiku has one failing which applies to playing centre OR fullback, in that he sometimes fails to read the game and pass. In the first half he stuffed and almost certain try by failing to pass inside to Lyon.

His general play is great, and he will make a fine fine centre. Cant help thinking that Stevies body may be catching up with him.

It should be Neonate that's what a young snake is called :)

Let's worry about it WHEN Snake is back. Hiku has been doing very well at FB - 235M again tonight - and can't be criticised, even with his little anomalies. He's only played a handful of games and even the finals games don't seem to phase him.

CAMBO said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Did you Google that, Cambo ?

TokyoEagle said:
CAMBO said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Did you Google that, Cambo ?
No bro I'm just an ironstien ;)

swoop said:
Snake if 100% fit. With him in the side our attack looks crisp and his timing is impeccable. Tonight passes went to ground or behind players.

Hiku is a star of the future. Dave Warwrick best talent scout in the game.

Look at the reserve graders who are now genuine 1st graders.

Dave is definitely up there but to be fair Hiku was apart of the unstoppable Warriors NYC side a few years ago (as was Sao if i'm not mistaken) all he had to do was look at a great side and pick who was up for a change. Hiku had big wraps for quite a while. Thank god he turned out top notch, I didn't think he'd a run before MCK but injuries have put a (hopefully temporary) end to that. The future looks bright!

Kiwi Eagle said:
He goes and sits with King, Joe etc and reflects on an extremely good year

Agree with Kiwi on this one.
But man, what a debut year Hiku has had. I didn't know much about him but was expecting him to be solid. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect him to be as good as he's been. He's 20 years old, playing like a veteran in his first NRL finals. He's absolutely fearless, safe under the high ball, strong in defence, great feet, etc, etc. He's a first grader, pure and simple, and it's been awesome to watch him develop.

Its a BIG conundrum this one.
Hiku is sensational at the moment and is almost demanding a place in the team. But do you make a drastic change and replace Wolf with him, or keep the status quo.. he might just have to sit it out like Kiwi said

The problem is now after his brilliant form the last two weeks, he is going to cost a bombshell to resign....am sure Dessie is looking at him along with Ricky Stuart as potential fullback replacements for their teams.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4