If I were Des:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I know this will be a tad controversial, but this is what i'd do if I was Des Hasler.
We all know The Roosters are going through a really tough time at the moment, with an absolute inability to score points. Well, if I was Des, this is what I'd be aiming for:-

Monday morning I get on the phone to Chris Anderson, and say, "Chris, our young Michael Monaghan wants more than anything else to play in the halves. The Roosters appear to have a need for a solid 1/2 back. I propose we transfer Michael to you blokes, and do a straight trade (no increases / decreases in salary amount) for Anthony Topou. It's a win / win all round. Monaghan is happy, and back with Joel, Manly's happy because we get a gun backrower, it costs nobody anything, and if I were a betting man, i'd assume Topou would want to come to a winning club.

I'd then make sure Travis Burns is signed for another contract (after being coached in expelling the ball out wide a lot faster).

Matai would also be kept, but I'd actually put him in a Tony Jensen type role, up until Bell retires, at which stage I'd move Matai back into ther centres. What this then means is I'd use Williamson in the utility role in 2008...something along the lines of Williamson, Bryant, Rose, Matai (obviously with Hall, Cuthbo, Wells etc all still pushing). I'm also unfortunately assuming Beaver will retire - meaning a lot MORE cap is available, plus there are plans to raise it by another $100k.

We obviously have a lot of cap left considerring we aimed up at Creagh, Simpson and co, even after Lyon and Orford's increase in salary cap expense. Id' focus all my attentions on getting Luke O'Donnell in 08, and potentially Mateo from The Squeeles.

I'd groom, Groom so to speak in PL, and a sprinkle of 1st grade to step into Orford's shoes.

My 2007 team would then be:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Anthony Topou

14. Luke Williamson
15. George Rose
16. Mark Bryant
17. Glenn Stewart

and for 2008, the year the club projected a premiership:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Anthony Topou
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Luke Williamson
15. George Rose
16. Mark Bryant / Glenn Hall
17. Steve Matai / Mateo

Anyways - just my thought's. Please note that this doesn't detract from the fact a like Monnas as a player, and teamsman. I'm just trying to think of what would be a win / win for everyone - and I think we can all agree Monnas will either:-

1. Be on a hell of a lot less in 2009;
2. Not be at the club (Monnas or clubs doing who know's).

So lets make the most of the situation now eh? Anthony Topou is a gun.

wow what a stupid post. Especially after the game Monas had just now.

Youve topped the lot.

If anyn one needs a stint in reserve grade it is Bryant. He adds nothing this year to the team.

Give Jack a go.

Youve topped the lot.

wow what a stupid reply. Espescially after the games Monas has had in the past. You'd rather miss out on a great International second rower, so you can have Monaghan in the side, who like it or not, will probably not be an Eagle in 2009? (I'd personally love him in the team, and the reality is Des and co won't pay him $240k to play Hooker. Topou could be around for years. I guess your right though...lets miss out on Topou (I know it's just a theory I'm throwing up), as WELL as Monaghan in 2009, and potentially get no-one. What was I thinking? :drunk:

[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

wow what a stupid reply. Espescially after the games Monas has had in the past. You'd rather miss out on a great International second rower, so you can have Monaghan in the side, who like it or not, will probably not be an Eagle in 2009? (I'd personally love him in the team, and the reality is Des and co won't pay him $240k to play Hooker. Topou could be around for years. I guess your right though...lets miss out on Topou (I know it's just a theory I'm throwing up), as WELL as Monaghan in 2009, and potentially get no-one. What was I thinking? :drunk:
[/quote]
Ryan ,we are winning games -shut the f&ck up .......
you arse clown...

there is absolutly no way in hell that the Roosters would trade Tupou for Mona's

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

[/quote]
you arse clown...
[/quote]

FFS - I'm throwing up a suggestion. You make it like I'm raping your Mum.

[quote author=robbiea]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

[/quote]
you arse clown...
[/quote]

[/quote]
why cant you just be happy ,u sad LITTLE f&ck.
p,s , how could you rape her when you couldnt reach that high up -dwarfy...

[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

[/quote]

I wasnt blasting you about Monaghan. I was blasting you about even thinking that the Roosters would trade Topou.. Why would they trade a young international? its a silly suggestion.

Why would THEY want to get rid of him... for as you say a player who wont last much longer.

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=robbiea]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

[/quote]
you arse clown...
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll reply to your usual dribble with what it deserves:-

[quote author=robbiea]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=robbiea]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

[/quote]
you arse clown...
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll reply to your usual dribble with what it deserves:-

[/quote]
thats BIG of you - not..

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

[/quote]

I wasnt blasting you about Monaghan. I was blasting you about even thinking that the Roosters would trade Topou.. Why would they trade a young international? its a silly suggestion.

Why would THEY want to get rid of him... for as you say a player who wont last much longer.

[/quote]

But think about The Roosters position right now.
Rock bottom. Can't score points.
Have no halves.
Chris Anderson would be under pressure. They are a pretty demanding club.
I'm also not saying Monaghan won't last - I'm just saying Manly will revisit his situation when his contract is up.
Oh yeah, thanks for having an IQ above 4 in reply, unlike other dropkicks.
Remember - I'm not dissing Monaghan - just throwing up an idea that would benefit both team (more us I admit)

[quote author=KaZa]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=KaZa]

Youve topped the lot.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But think about The Roosters position right now.
Rock bottom. Can't score points.
Have no halves.
Chris Anderson would be under pressure. They are a pretty demanding club.
I'm also not saying Monaghan won't last - I'm just saying Manly will revisit his situation when his contract is up.
Oh yeah, thanks for having an IQ above 4 in reply, unlike other dropkicks.
Remember - I'm not dissing Monaghan - just throwing up an idea that would benefit both team (more us I admit)
[/quote]
How does this idea benefit our team ????
Orford is out injured ,he has slotted back into half-
& helped win these games ,whilst we have has 3 big names out...u say you are not bagging Monaghan ,but minutes out from the game the 1st post you write is a about shipping him off..

I would love that to happen but why would the roosters agree to that? It would be a stupid move for them imo.

That's better Robbie - This thread was posted hours before todays game.

Ok then guys - swap Topou for Harrison / Anasta for example?

Please dont be telling me u would want Anasta here...
I for one have also bagged Monas in the past ..For the
money he is on -he is not a finnancially good option here at Manly..But ,he is playing good footy at the moment ,& he has been a blessing in disguise when we have needed him..
We have all bitched & moaned about the 240k he is on ,He is playing alot smarter footy & I am starting to think he probably could get a run at a few other nrl clubs ,for the same kind of dough..
But whilst he is here & we are winning games -i am happy..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4