If Glenn were to break contract with Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

doc

Reserve Grader
If Matai is released then there'll be enough money to keep Gifty. He can then break his contract with Souths and stay after all. Wouldn't that be something?!

Sorry I'm confusing myself. Not sure what is fact or fiction. What role do the NRL have in this?

RE: Glen Stewart to break contract with Souths

sorry doc, but not a great title for the thread. The words 'could he', need to be in there somewhere.

No player should break contracts.

I think there is a date up to which a NRL player can change his mind on a new contract for the next season but i can't remember what it was. Round 13? Unless Souths haven't registered it yet?

Currently, the NRL refuses to register a contract with a new club until after Round 13 in the final year of that player’s existing contract with his current club. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-should-scrap-round-13-contract-rule-so-anthony-milford-has-to-honour-brisbane-broncos-deal/story-fni3fbgz-1226867655601

What about for coaches??? clubs??? managers????...it doesn't matter a fark, when it suits

If you were Souths would you really want the Gift? He hasn't played most of this season. Seems his heart is still to be playing at the Eagles if there is any truth to players being pissed Glens not here next year. I would think Souths would want to run as far as they can.

Souffs would try to keep him even if it only meant they got one over Manly. Other than that, barring injury they know they're getting a quality player with premiership winning experience (something lacking at Redfern these days), so I can't see them backing out of it.

Unfortunately they've signed Gift and the Round 13 deadline has passed. I can't see him breaking contract, even if it meant remaining at Manly where he could continue playing alongside Snake. And as I said, I can't see Souffs playing nice by letting him stay here (and that would also depend on whether Manly would offer him anything to stay. They didn't earlier this year and I can't see that changing).

Gifty will be gone at the end of this year, that's a fact. The more pressing issue is keeping the rest of the playing group together and playing as well as we know they can. And keeping them as happy as possible.

They could release Glenn on compassionate grounds.
After all, he hasn't played one game for them yet.
Come back Gifty and help fix our drama!

MadMarcus said:
doc said:
What role do the NRL have in this?

Their role is to force as many players out of Manly as possible because we have been too successful.
Darryl Williams or Max Krilich to replace Todd Greenslime. That would bring an end to the anti Manly / anti Brookvale era.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
MadMarcus said:
doc said:

Their role is to force as many players out of Manly as possible because we have been too successful.
Darryl Williams or Max Krilich to replace Todd Greenslime. That would bring an end to the anti Manly / anti Brookvale era.
I would also be a perfect choice. Play the female card to please the mummies and PR people. I have a completely objective view on all 16 clubs. Lol, double lol.
Manly might not ever lose another game.;) Vote N"pops!

niccipops said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
MadMarcus said:
doc said:

I would also be a perfect choice. Play the female card to please the mummies and PR people. I have a completely objective view on all 16 clubs. Lol, double lol.

I think your time would be better spent running for PM Nicipops. God knows that's the only way we will ever get any money for Brookie. If your first act as PM were a $500m grant to fix up Brookie it would ensure your popularity (on the northern beaches but everyone else would hate you ).

niccipops said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
MadMarcus said:
doc said:

ok niccipops,you have my vote,lol

niccipops said:

Oh I dunno..... You were made a mod on thee forums and within a year Dan started charging us!!!!!!

Bad....bad precedent!

:p

:D:cool:

MadMarcus said:
If your first act as PM were a $500k grant to fix up Brookie it would ensure your popularity (on the northern beaches but everyone else would hate you ).

$500k wouldn't fix the toilets behind the hill. Make it 50 Million and Pops for PM is a goer!

MadMarcus said:
ManlyBacker said:
$500k wouldn't fix the toilets behind the hill. Make it 50 Million and Pops for PM is a goer!

Typo - I meant $500m. Fixed now!

500 million Marcus?

Do you literally want an all-seat venue, with silver-lined chairs, ivory goal-posts and a retractable roof, mate??

We'll win a few more premierships before any significant funding is given. (Perhaps not even then).

But nicci for PM all the same.
A Manly-friendly nation would be Utopia!

RiverEagle said:
500 million Marcus?

Do you literally want an all-seat venue, with silver-lined chairs, ivory goal-posts and a retractable roof, mate??

We'll win a few more premierships before any significant funding is given. (Perhaps not even then).

But nicci for PM all the same.
A Manly-friendly nation would be Utopia!

If nicci is PM, yes I do. Any left over funds can go towards free beer for MWSE members until it runs out.

They can just take the funding from that other stuff they waste their money on like hospitals and schools.

We need to get our priorities right in this country.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4