If Croker can do "THIS" - will be Massive Boost

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member

Running game a key for Lachlan Croker in 2022​

Lachlan Croker is determined to step up his running game this season after gaining plenty of confidence from his defensive efforts in 2021.
The hard-working Sea Eagles hooker was the only Manly player to finish inside the NRL's top 10 for most tackles in a season last year.
Croker finished fourth with 986 tackles for an average of 37.9 tackles per game from his 26 games, putting to bed any underlying defensive fears the former half had.

“Defence was always one of those things I was most concerned about. Going into that Sydney Roosters game at the start of last year, that was my main worry, whether I would be able to handle it,’’ Croker said.
Last year was the first season I felt really comfortable knowing what my role was within the team
“It really helped my performance and the way that I played. I just had to be the guy in the middle that made my tackles and try and learn up as much as possible.
“I was clear on what I had to do and how to go about things. If there were times when things weren’t working or I was doing something wrong, there was always someone there to pull me up straight away.
“It was a really good year and I was really proud to be a part of it.”
The 'Croker Crunch'...Dane Gagai feels the brunt.
The 'Croker Crunch'...Dane Gagai feels the brunt.©NRL Photos
Croker acknowledged the role former Manly hookers and current Assistant Coaches, Chad Randall and Michael Monaghan, had played in his development throughout the year.
“I’ve been really grateful for the time they have put into me and just the recognition and respect they have given me to be able to learn one of the most important positions on the field,’’ Croker added.
“They talked to me about how I’m going, what things to fix, and to keep working on in my game. It's really humbling to be in that position.
“This year for me, it’s about moving more to the other side of the ball and seeing if I can do more in attack.
“I just want to try and evolve, especially with the way the game is going, and the way hookers are playing now. It’s something I spend a lot of time on, watching others and learning with our coaching staff about what the next steps are for me.”

Lachlan Crokeron 2021 season

Croker said he experienced a ‘bitter sweet’ moment in the week leading up to the Qualifying Final against Melbourne Storm when a lower back injury ruled him out.
The injury ended his run of 44 consecutive games for Manly, a cruel blow to the team and for a 25-year-old who returned from three previous knee reconstructions and hamstring issues.
“It was terribly upsetting. Being up there in Queensland without my partner or my family was hard,’’ Croker admitted.
“I was fortunate to have the boys to talk to about it. I just tried to focus on not making it more of a big deal than it really was as they had a game to focus on.
"But you do sit back and think about the years before that. How playing finals footy is all that you want to do. It was a weird one, it was really bitter sweet.
“Watching the game was the worst thing that happened to me all year. The 80 minutes we put in against Melbourne was not where we needed to be and not what we wanted to toss out.
“Getting the win against the Roosters the way we did the week after made everything better.
“It was the biggest game of my career and probably one of my proudest moments, just being able to finish that match and to walk off as a winner in a semi-final.”

Running game a key for Lachlan Croker in 2022​

Lachlan Croker is determined to step up his running game this season after gaining plenty of confidence from his defensive efforts in 2021.
The hard-working Sea Eagles hooker was the only Manly player to finish inside the NRL's top 10 for most tackles in a season last year.
Croker finished fourth with 986 tackles for an average of 37.9 tackles per game from his 26 games, putting to bed any underlying defensive fears the former half had.

“Defence was always one of those things I was most concerned about. Going into that Sydney Roosters game at the start of last year, that was my main worry, whether I would be able to handle it,’’ Croker said.

“It really helped my performance and the way that I played. I just had to be the guy in the middle that made my tackles and try and learn up as much as possible.
“I was clear on what I had to do and how to go about things. If there were times when things weren’t working or I was doing something wrong, there was always someone there to pull me up straight away.
“It was a really good year and I was really proud to be a part of it.”
The 'Croker Crunch'...Dane Gagai feels the brunt.'Croker Crunch'...Dane Gagai feels the brunt.
The 'Croker Crunch'...Dane Gagai feels the brunt.©NRL Photos
Croker acknowledged the role former Manly hookers and current Assistant Coaches, Chad Randall and Michael Monaghan, had played in his development throughout the year.
“I’ve been really grateful for the time they have put into me and just the recognition and respect they have given me to be able to learn one of the most important positions on the field,’’ Croker added.
“They talked to me about how I’m going, what things to fix, and to keep working on in my game. It's really humbling to be in that position.
“This year for me, it’s about moving more to the other side of the ball and seeing if I can do more in attack.
“I just want to try and evolve, especially with the way the game is going, and the way hookers are playing now. It’s something I spend a lot of time on, watching others and learning with our coaching staff about what the next steps are for me.”

Croker said he experienced a ‘bitter sweet’ moment in the week leading up to the Qualifying Final against Melbourne Storm when a lower back injury ruled him out.
The injury ended his run of 44 consecutive games for Manly, a cruel blow to the team and for a 25-year-old who returned from three previous knee reconstructions and hamstring issues.
“It was terribly upsetting. Being up there in Queensland without my partner or my family was hard,’’ Croker admitted.
“I was fortunate to have the boys to talk to about it. I just tried to focus on not making it more of a big deal than it really was as they had a game to focus on.
"But you do sit back and think about the years before that. How playing finals footy is all that you want to do. It was a weird one, it was really bitter sweet.
“Watching the game was the worst thing that happened to me all year. The 80 minutes we put in against Melbourne was not where we needed to be and not what we wanted to toss out.
“Getting the win against the Roosters the way we did the week after made everything better.
“It was the biggest game of my career and probably one of my proudest moments, just being able to finish that match and to walk off as a winner in a semi-final.”
Well done Froggy, defensively he's made the ruck area is own, so proud of his efforts last season. Dedication and hard work pays of in the end.

Yeap I was a total Croker hater he showed plenty at 9. If he can scoot out of dummy half it may just help our forwards
Hate Perspective

Hating consumes the hater more than the hated feathered friend .

Mature and rational people do not hate people. They are only disappointed at their actions .

We have not glorified our legendary club and lived up to its high standards as the greatest club of all since 2011 and that is extremely disappointing .

We do not hate our Manly players that try their best and their best is not good enough to live up to our Clubs Great standards . We just replace them with the greater ones that are capable of making our club great .
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Croker strikes me as a really good bloke.
Good bloke players perspective

You seem like good hearted person @Captain Moondog for acknowledging Crokers good nature

Our legendary Godfather who taught Manly what it takes to be the greatest club of all time and to win premierships replaced many good blokes in the team with better players that were capable of living up to his great standards and the high standards that made the mighty Sea eagles the Greatest club of a all

The moral of the story
There is no sentiment along the hard road of success !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Croker, DCE, Schu/Foz, Turbo. That’s a fair spine and the big factor last year is they all stayed healthy. Combinations in those positions is vital aside we are very well placed now imo. Most had doubts on Croker last year but he truly silenced the masses. He’ll only be better this year. Even if Fainu gets off, after all his time out he needs to earn his spot back not just walk in.

Croker, DCE, Schu/Foz, Turbo. That’s a fair spine and the big factor last year is they all stayed healthy. Combinations in those positions is vital aside we are very well placed now imo. Most had doubts on Croker last year but he truly silenced the masses. He’ll only be better this year. Even if Fainu gets off, after all his time out he needs to earn his spot back not just walk in.
Every player has to earn their spot this year

We are only as good as our last game and that was not very good .

History suggests that Des doesn't let his dummy half do too much running. But we need Croker to put defensive lines in two minds and slow them up just that little bit. Speed off the mark is key so I hope they have been working on that during the off season.

Good bloke players perspective

You seem like good hearted person @Captain Moondog for acknowledging Crokers good nature

Our legendary Godfather who taught Manly what it takes to be the greatest club of all time and to win premierships replaced many good blokes in the team with better players that were capable of living up to his great standards and the high standards that made the mighty Sea eagles the Greatest club of a all

The moral of the story
There is no sentiment along the hard road of success !

View attachment 20096
I agree up to a point. Talented dickheads have a tendency to put themselves first and the team second. You need a core of good people to have good team culture. We're lucky that we have such a great playing group at the moment. Croker has been steadily improving and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to another level this year....remember Matt Ballin was told by Bennett he'd never be good enough and went on to win two premierships.

Not sure if Croker really has to change his playing role and style that much , high work rate , efficient delivery , good support play ., seemed to be just fine doing this last season . Only limited attacking options in any set plays and based on Manly " current playing structure , probably best to just concentrate on what he has been doing well . A little bit of variation O K but again would not seem a real priority for him to change much at all , just keep on being healthy and busy and a genuine competitor .

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2