Idiot watch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fact is the club is fed up to the gills with Watmough compromising his recovery with his predilection for the bottle over several years. The fuse has burned very short.

Ryan said:
Guys, we all saw what we saw ok....lets be real here. He basically gave everyone who had a go at him (including Des who you all love) the finger at his "punishment".

Thats absolute rubbish. Giving the finger to his punishment would have been not showing up at the game to support his teammates.

If you don't like him, you don't like him but judge an incident on its merits.

Matabele said:
Fact is the club is fed up to the gills with Watmough compromising his recovery with his predilection for the bottle over several years. The fuse has burned very short.

If that is fact it puts a different complexion on Choc for me.

Still, tonights camera incident is a separate issue for mine, and I tend to believe these things can be misconstrued very easily.

Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Guys, we all saw what we saw ok....lets be real here. He basically gave everyone who had a go at him (including Des who you all love) the finger at his "punishment".

Thats absolute rubbish. Giving the finger to his punishment would have been not showing up at the game to support his teammates.

ME - he was my favorite player. Others can attest to the reason why I don't like him to be a valid one these day, but it's not worth spelling out in public.

Hence to say, Robinson, Rodney, Buhrer or Harrison would go very well in his position.

There is more in life than meets the eye mate - that's all I'll say. Very disappointing player on various levels.

Matabele said:

I'm sure they are but I'm equally as sure that he wasn't drunk tonight. I can understand if you don't like him but making a big deal out of a 2 second smile is really just a bit too much. I didn't see the camera take any shots of Snake at the game. How come he wasn't there to support his mates? I think I'm allowed to make those assumptions because some of you are making just as rash assumptions about Choc with just as much evidence.

The camera did show Bullet and he was pensive, as was Rodney. Given Watmough was on the sideline because of his indiscretions (not injury) surely it's not too much to ask for him to do the same.

I saw Snake and Choc on camera mate - they looked very different....but each to their own...I thought he was a wanker, and I'm sure Lowey, Des and co. will have something to say about it, regardless of what we all say or feel.

After the media releases suggesting he was "devastated" and embarrased, he surely didn't look like it.

Ryan said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:

ME - he was my favorite player. Others can attest to the reason why I don't like him to be a valid one these day, but it's not worth spelling out in public.

Hence to say, Robinson, Rodney, Buhrer or Harrison would go very well in his position.

There is more in life than meets the eye mate - that's all I'll say. Very disappointing player on various levels.

If your opinion of him is framed on other incidents then thats fine by me. All I'm saying is that smiling to a camera is hardly a hanging offence.

As good as those others players can or might be, I'm afraid their best is not in the same ball park as Chocs best.

Matabele said:
If he bleeds maroon and white what was he doing on a two day bender rather than focusing on getting himself in tip top shape for the game tonight? Please.

Just because a (very brief) newspaper report said he was on a two-day bender - or quoted unnamed sources implying that he was - doesn't make it true. I saw him on the Saturday morning at a school fete in Beacon Hill (representing Manly with Tim Robinson) and he sure as hell wasn't drunk then.
I'm not saying he doesn't come across like a wanker, or indeed that he isn't one, but we should all know by now not to believe everything we read.

Yep, agree. He's a great player on the field mate. As hopefully a good fan, I'll leave it at that.

Matabele said:
After the media releases suggesting he was "devastated" and embarrased, he surely didn't look like it.

Your entitled to your opinion but people are making some might huge judgement calls on a smile. That's all I'm really trying to say.

Anyway I'm about to get booted of the computer so have a good night everyone.

I'm still unsure of what to take from that game tonight other than we are obviously fitter than what we were last year but other than that it really was a bit of a train wreck.

I took a different view of Watmough than most of you. He knew the camera was on him & I thought it more more of an embarrassed smile. Not smart arse at all.

Anyway - there isn't one of us who hasn't taken a piss where we shouldn't have. One of those things. Get over it people.

ManlyBacker said:
I missed it. Did he look smugger than Todd Carney? That would be quite an accomplishment.

Ken Oath he did. Not a good look for someone who was told to go stand in the naughty corner for a week. I hope Des slaps him when he see the replay.

Watmough is a log. He won't be unlogged. Won't happen no matter what spin the pr dudes put on it. He's not bright.

I think we need a poll Dan

Who on silvertails hates watmough more
A) Swoop
B) Matas

Irate Hasler reads Watmough riot act
Danny Weidler
April 10, 2011
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/irate-hasler-reads-watmough-riot-act-20110409-1d8sk.html

DES HASLER'S spray at Anthony Watmough should be the wake-up call that finally tells the Manly star he needs to start behaving like a normal human being and not a rock star. It's my understanding that Hasler had a lengthy meeting with Watmough's manager, George Mimis, on Wednesday night in which Mimis said the player was ready to change his ways. Watmough is to try to develop interests outside of football – something he has been lacking. He's promised to get involved with the community and do charity work as he attempts to change his personality. Watmough's issue all along has been that he gets bored when he's not with his teammates or playing the game and his choice of activities to occupy himself have left plenty to be desired. We've heard too many times he is on his final chance – the NRL will back any decision Manly make to sack him in the future. Watmough was out drinking at the Manly Wharf Hotel (yes, the venue where he landed in trouble at a Sea Eagles launch). He has worn thin with teammates at rep level – he was on the outer in a big way during the Four Nations tour last year. As one of the Kangaroos' reserves he was free to party but he went harder than most. After a big night out most of the Emus ended up back at the team hotel, while Watmough caught a cab from Brisbane to the Gold Coast to keep carousing.

Jatz Crackers said:
Matabele said:

If that is fact it puts a different complexion on Choc for me.

Still, tonights camera incident is a separate issue for mine, and I tend to believe these things can be misconstrued very easily.

Jerry1 said:
I took a different view of Watmough than most of you. He knew the camera was on him & I thought it more more of an embarrassed smile. Not smart arse at all.

Anyway - there isn't one of us who hasn't taken a piss where we shouldn't have. One of those things. Get over it people.
How many here are paid $400kpa to play a contact sport where recuperation is not assisted by 2 day benders?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7