Ian Schubert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jbb/james said:
swoop said:
simon_eagle said:
Have I read this correctly?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brett-stewart-contract-saga-resolved/story-e6frexnr-1226587779251

Basically Ian Schubert has accused us of underpaying or undervaluing Tony Williams' contract from last season? What right does he have to say this? Surely the contract is between the Club and the player (and his representatives). I think you'll find that most NRL contracts are back-ended and the fact that we sold him should make no difference.

I find it hard to believe that an NRL auditor can merely add another 60k to our salary cap from last season, and - as a result - tip us over the edge, meaning we have now a salary cap breach tag.

Presumably the contract was signed by the player, and even if it was undervalued in 2012, it's strange that someone can come in and do this.

Then the question has to be asked: Why did the NRL and Schubert rummber stamp it?

Personally i think he should exercise on his own time,

lol

Like most Manly fans I'd like the opportunity to re-value She-Rex's salary . . . .
I think we all know which way.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
MadMarcus said:
I have to put this down to bad News Ltd reporting - my guess is they are misreporting the issue (whatever it is) because they don't understand it.

I think you may be correct, MadMarcus. Perhaps we are giving Murdoch et al. too much credit for their 'reporting'. Something doesn't add up, and as much as I dislike any body/institution - whether that be independent or not - associated with the NRL, I am more inclined to believe them than what is reported at News Ltd.

I am sure Manly's legal department are going over this with a magnifying glass.

What was the "suspicious" aspect of Williams contract? What's that all about?

And if Williams isn't part of Manly's spend in 2013 what the heck has any of it go to do with signing Snake & Manly's cap compliance for 2013?

Makes no sense.

Anyone from media reading this? Can you do a story explaining it please????

The simple solution is to force all moneys from contracts be split evenly over all years. Prevents arbitrary back-ending or front-loading by clubs.

But to have Schubert make retrospective changes to his interpretations like this is ludicrous, non-sensical and arbitrary nonsense. The solution is WORSE than the problem.

The equivalent of governments introducing retrospective legislation. A total no-no in civilised society.

Why cant we, as members, ask our club (not sure we can demand) to put forward a motion to the ARLC to get rid of Ian Schubert.

They way he has handled the Stewart Case, The Folau case, The SBW and all the roosrters cases is unjust and borders on total biaeses against all other teams.

This guy has survived the salary cap breaches of the Bulldogs, Warriors and Melbourne Storm all of which only came to light by whistle blowers, not his "skilled" endeavours.

HE also is the one that, himself, valued Lockyer at $250K.....Funny all those teams are Super League teams.

This guy does what he wants not what is real...There are no black and white guidelines as he alone keeps moving the gold posts to suit, when needed.

Time to go Mr Schubert, one of the final gravy trains of the NRL is moving out..all aboard!!!!

Frogz said:
Why cant we, as members, ask our club (not sure we can demand) to put forward a motion to the ARLC to get rid of Ian Schubert.

They way he has handled the Stewart Case, The Folau case, The SBW and all the roosrters cases is unjust and borders on total biaeses against all other teams.

This guy has survived the salary cap breaches of the Bulldogs, Warriors and Melbourne Storm all of which only came to light by whistle blowers, not his "skilled" endeavours.

HE also is the one that, himself, valued Lockyer at $250K.....Funny all those teams are Super League teams.

This guy does what he wants not what is real...There are no black and white guidelines as he alone keeps moving the gold posts to suit, when needed.

Time to go Mr Schubert, one of the final gravy trains of the NRL is moving out..all aboard!!!!
you beat me to it Frogz,I said it before I agree,its time for this clown to move on,he has been in the job longer than Gallop was in his role and way before that,Im sure Nick will give you a job

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8