I need a new rule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are Woodsie and I right that this new rule is a must?

• Of course you are

• No. I'm not too bright.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
One of the things that drives me nuts about the NRL is the constant introduction of new rules, HOWEVER, I absolutely need my proposed new rule:

Any player who uses a ref signal - six again, 10 in the bin, whatever - earns his team that penalty against them.

Tui was sent to the bin last night after an opposition player aggressively used the both hands up, 10 in the bin signal in the face of the ref. The ref gives him the sin bin DESPITE one of the commentators and my very good self believing it was completely wrong.
Player calls are happening more and more every game. Reversing a players request would put a stop to it immediately.
That's it.

One of the things that drives me nuts about the NRL is the constant introduction of new rules, HOWEVER, I absolutely need my proposed new rule:

Any player who uses a ref signal - six again, 10 in the bin, whatever - earns his team that penalty against them.

Tui was sent to the bin last night after an opposition player aggressively used the both hands up, 10 in the bin signal in the face of the ref. The ref gives him the sin bin DESPITE one of the commentators and my very good self believing it was completely wrong.
Player calls are happening more and more every game. Reversing a players request would put a stop to it immediately.
That's it.
Absolutely! I’ve been saying the same to my wife for a couple of years.

Parra would be down to 9 or 10 players at some stages.

Good point Budgie.
Another one all teams do including Manly is the clutching at the neck to get a crusher penalty when the player is not hurt at all.
Also, I hate the one on one strip rule when it's allowed if there's more than two in the tackle and a pr*ck like Munster tells the others to drop off.
Growl.

Pretty weak ref to react to a players cry...in saying that, those who even try need to be punished so I'll sign the petition....

If the players making gestures with their hands has the potential to influence the officials then it's the officials that need sanctioning not the players.

If the players making gestures with their hands has the potential to influence the officials then it's the officials that need sanctioning not the players.
To me it's part of a bit of a change in the way the players are approaching the game at the moment. They're constantly doing everything they can to influence the refs - the stuff I've mentioned and the stuff Nicci mentioned as well as the way the players talk to officials. I just think it's a bad look for the game. And completely tedious.

This is a great idea.

Hopefully the NRL can bring it in mid season, haphazardly enforce it (favouring the usual clubs, of course), then abandon it after Gould and co whinge constantly about it.

I have no issue with a one on one strip if it’s a one on one tackle. As soon as another player gets involved in the tackle tho no strip should occur even if a tackler drops off. It would be a simple rule to amend as well.
Yep, it used to be like that then they changed it to allow other tacklers to drop off.

Such a silly rule.

To me it's part of a bit of a change in the way the players are approaching the game at the moment. They're constantly doing everything they can to influence the refs - the stuff I've mentioned and the stuff Nicci mentioned as well as the way the players talk to officials. I just think it's a bad look for the game. And completely tedious.
I agree the way players are allowed to show dissent to referees perpetuates a culture of disrespect towards the refs. Any sort of aggressive speech or body language should be dealt with very harshly by the judiciary. However respectfully putting forth an opinion at an appropriate time should always be allowed, there is so much grey in rugby league there needs to be some discourse between the teams and the refs.

here you go:

1656372580156.png

Knights at it already, got a 6 more from a touch and looked like they were all waving to someone in the crowd 🤦‍♂️
It's all I'll see now, thanks for that 🙄😂

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4