I love my footy again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you got no idea what Baz had, he used that as an excuse because he thought that would get him out of here into the Riff job, but Gusst had other plans...
Yep.
Peeps need a deadset reality check.
He was guzumped by his trusted mentor Goose Ghould into thinking he had the head job at the riff.
How people can't see that is beyond me.
Lyall gets branded as Teflon but Baz f*cked up.
Reality hurts.
It's time for Baz's Butt hurt brigade (the BHB) to admit defeat and move on.
It's becoming sad.

you got no idea what Baz had, he used that as an excuse because he thought that would get him out of here into the Riff job, but Gusst had other plans...

We know he didn't have a recruitment manager and you have no idea on whether that was an excuse to try and get a job but its a moot point as Baz wasn't supported by management.

Yep.
Peeps need a deadset reality check.
He was guzumped by his trusted mentor Goose Ghould into thinking he had the head job at the riff.
How people can't see that is beyond me.
Lyall gets branded as Teflon but Baz f*cked up.
Reality hurts.
It's becoming sad.

Seriously ... if Baz had the Riff job he would not have had any reason to put in notice he would have just walked at the end of the year ... Why the hell would he tie himself up to half way through next season ....

The truth is he hoped that his resignation would light a fire under Penn and the promised staff would be forthcoming .... he under estimated how much of a dumb vindictive **** Penn is ......

Also ... it is not about winning or losing ..... it is about simply not making shiite up ...

I am very happy that Dessie is back and even happier that he has a staff as experienced as Donny, Crusher and others to be announced ..... I am excited and confident about next year .... it appears we are finally being resourced to NRL standard ....

But here is a challenge ..... if you can give me one (1) sensible or credible reason why Penn/Gorman didn't employ anybody in the 3 important and standard NRL roles of head of Football, Recruitment Officer and Salary cap Manager for an entire season (and still haven't, but will shortly) .... I repeat ... for an entire season ....

If you can give one good reason I will believe some of the fairy tale motivations attributed to the evil Barrett ...

Seriously ... if Baz had the Riff job he would not have had any reason to put in notice he would have just walked at the end of the year ... Why the hell would he tie himself up to half way through next season ....

The truth is he hoped that his resignation would light a fire under Penn and the promised staff would be forthcoming .... he under estimated how much of a dumb vindictive **** Penn is ......
Its prettt clear barrett gave penn ammunition to move him on. I mean hasler had is recruitment officer, fitness in 2 days.

Also ... it is not about winning or losing ..... it is about simply not making shiite up ...

I am very happy that Dessie is back and even happier that he has a staff as experienced as Donny, Crusher and others to be announced ..... I am excited and confident about next year .... it appears we are finally being resourced to NRL standard ....

But here is a challenge ..... if you can give me one (1) sensible or credible reason why Penn/Gorman didn't employ anybody in the 3 important and standard NRL roles of head of Football, Recruitment Officer and Salary cap Manager for an entire season (and still haven't, but will shortly) .... I repeat ... for an entire season ....

If you can give one good reason I will believe some of the fairy tale motivations attributed to the evil Barrett ...
Prettt clear they did not want barrett here. As above post recruitment officer and fitness appointed in 3 days thats right 3 days. They looked for out to get rid of him.

I have said multiple times that the penns couldn't run a piss up at a brewery and should be letting people who know how to run a footy club run it.
He now seems to be letting that happen in lyall.
It could be backed up by some on here that Barrett was over the line at the riff but won't for confidentiality reasons.
However Penns inability to run a footy club is more than matched by barretts inability to coach one and while he's still here drawing breath and a paycheck I'll continue to take a stick to the cry baby until he mans up, admits that he wasn't up to the job and p*sses off.
I'll repeat
He f*cked up.

Here is a question for the Barrett apologists.....

Why would Penn even bother to hire a recruitment officer or other staff to "help" Barrett once he had handed in his resignation?

Just remember....HE, Trent Barrett, is the one who quit on us. We didn't sack the bloke, he resigned, he quit and he did it because he was led to believe that he had another head coaching job to go to at another club. Is it any wonder that Manly then quit on him?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6