I just sacked Telstra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm in the bush with the other glider possums. We have no choice but to use Telstra. Expensive but reception has been good and thankfully I haven't been on the phone to them in years.

I just sacked the Mrs, she's in The shower now

Last edited:
Don’t know if you venture out from the city much but seriously if you do Optus lasts about 50km and then you get them at the next big town , whereas Telstra have a LOT more mobile towers.

A good example is between here and my old home town of Moree.

My wife has an Optus prepaid phone ( uses it rarely other than to make phone calls as she has an IPad which she prefers ), we leave Brisbane and head to Toowoomba , her phone does get some coverage , mine full bars of 4G.

We use the new Toowoomba bypass, her phone kicks into gear as we pass Toowoomba and then cuts out for the next 200kms to Goondiwindi, I have service all the way bar about 20 kms.

From Gundy to Moree ( 110kms) here cuts out 5 kms away and then 5kms to the two towns , mine remains as 4G the entire way.

Now that’s Optus , the second biggest coverage in Oz, if you have anything else it’s even worse again.

Telstra , if you travel , is the ONLY option.
My in-laws who are on the grey nomad trail which seems to be neverending (seriously Mark, I reckon they’d rival you and Rosemary ....just while I’m on this, is there some sort of supreme energy boost you get when you buy a caravan or motor home when you retire. I get tired just listening to their lastest travel schedule!@:worried:).
But anyways, they have tried a few providers over the years, but as the father-in-law says, there is only one provider that works when you’re deep in the Kimberleys.....Telstra.

That is all.
I know, I know, I am very slow, but... yippeeee!
(Sorry for using the rugby league forum, GE please move anytime, lol)

lol

As long as it isn't in the rumours or signings thread...and you didn't mention dce....and it's our off season...all is well! (that and the whole being outranked thing).

Here it is Rogers or Telus and you get the same complaints about both.

I have rogers for the phone and telus for tv/internet.

Does anyone have a landline anymore?

I'm not sure if has changed in Aust, but in Canada you can change your cable/satellite stations as many times as you want. So now hockey is over, off goes that sports channel and in comes cooking cupcakes while patting fluffy bunnies.

Aust was... here's your subscription, do not change!

Have you tried turning it on and off ?? LOL. Telstra are seriously the most inept corporation in Australia. Their customer service is an insult.

it-crowd.jpg

Though it is kinda annoying how often that works, lol.

We know if you are calling us you need our help... but we aren't going to talk to you, we are going to annoy you in another way..

Have you tried turning it on and off ?? LOL. Telstra are seriously the most inept corporation in Australia. Their customer service is an insult.
Their consumer side is totally, but it makes them no money, costs them more than anything, their B2B is pretty good and makes them their money

Their consumer side is totally, but it makes them no money, costs them more than anything, their B2B is pretty good and makes them their money
I use them when in business , very good at packaging things up , sharing data etc etc and regular contact with a real person who used to actually visit !!

But the same with my banking , as a business account they were all over me , invitations to events , special offers etc etc.

Now I’m retired NO ONE GIVES A ****!!!

Sad really.

Impossible to communicate with Telstra. If you could phone them about a problem it wouldn't be quite so bad.
We've just got NBN available in this area, my son lives a few doors away and recently went TPG and its been good, so I just followed suit. Felt like a huge weight lifted off me knowing I wouldn't have to wait hours on the phone or send stupid sms messages that they don't even respond properly to.

...If this doesn't work I might just go back to the stone age (and quite cheerfully)!!
I'm with AussieBB... over the moon and Aussie customer service!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4