I hope Hoppa Jnr has a get-out clause

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
This is what Hoppa Jrn is reported to have said: "Definitely the club is in a building phase so I wouldn't say to panic too much at the moment," Will said in a statement released by the Eels before the match.
"Steve (Kearney) and the coaching staff know what they're doing and they are planning for the future.
"The mentality Steve has and what he's shown me as the guideline for the club has really caught my attention, and is something I'm really looking forward to........"

I'm sure this is just ' spin'. Kearney won't be there by the time Hoppa Jrn joins Parra - but if he think so highly of this bloke then for his sake I hope he has a Hassler-like get-out clause. Having to play for a rabble like Parra will really test Hoppa's beliefs.

I think Hoppa will boost their team massively, if Sandow, Hayne and Hoppa get some combinations going it could be dangerous.

The tigers had clocked off. I can't believe the one team to have lost to the Eels were us - especially after we took the lead. Spoon heading their way in my opinion.

I felt sorry for Ben Roberts. I tried to think of a word to decribe his passing game today, all I can come up with is 'ludicrous'.

Is Kearney the mastermind who snared 2 gun halves to rebuild the Eels? Oh well, these things are sometimes hard to predict, I suppose.

Get out of what? his eels contract or his 2 year mission? Very unlikely kearney will be there then. 2 yrs for a club in major transition, with 2 decades of ineptitude and poor results, with the sandow investment looking like a millstone around their necks....

nothing against sandow but with ben roberts there I would have been going more for a steady, reliable, no nonsense, good defender and kicking game kind of half. anyway, it's the eels so they can pay me by the hr for the advice and/or eat my shorts in the meantime.

Ian Martin tragic said:
nothing against sandow but with ben roberts there I would have been going more for a steady, reliable, no nonsense, good defender and kicking game kind of half. anyway, it's the eels so they can pay me by the hr for the advice and/or eat my shorts in the meantime.

Ian, you mean someone like Jeff Robson?

The thing is if Kearney gets punted who are they going to get??
Except for Ricky Stuart there are no real decent coaches out there. It ready at clubs. Sacking Kearney would end any chance of bellyache going there.

That leaves
Jason Taylor - been there done that
Steve folkes
Nathan brown
Matt Elliot
Royce Simmons
Ivan Henjak
Peter Sharp ( get this he is cronulla's defensive coach I couldn't believe that)

Not much of a choice after Stuart.

Add David Furner to that list he will be looking a job real soon.

Neil Henry will be another on that list before June 30.

I think Matt Elliot is a decent coach. You also have to give the Sharks coach some credit, now that he has a half decent team he is doing a superb job imo.

I think they should stick with kearney, but will they?

re halves, jeff robson, similar but someone better along that style, like hodko. they've also go hayne's unpredictability, so too much really unless they're envisaging regularising that chuck the ball round no matter what style they had when they went on the run to the gf; hard to systematise that though.

anyway, enough on the eels. here's hoping for a few more decades of misery for them, to equalise for my unpleasant early years of the 1980s...

Cameron said:
Except for Ricky Stuart there are no real decent coaches out there. It ready at clubs. Sacking Kearney would end any chance of bellyache going there.

That leaves
Steve folkes
Nathan brown
Matt Elliot
Royce Simmons
Ivan Henjak
Peter Sharp ( get this he is cronulla's defensive coach I couldn't believe that)

This is Parramatta we're talking about. My money's on big Hoppa.

Cameron said:

That leaves
Steve folkes
Nathan brown
Matt Elliot
Royce Simmons
Ivan Henjak

Parra should make a play for an old head like John Lang.

Hopoate didn't go to Parramatta for the coach. So long as that money hits his account every month, no out clause will be required.

Hoppa must be filthy about his Parra contract.

If Parra are paying Sandow $500K/year surely Hoppa is worth $1.5m/year? He is 3 x the player Sandow is.

Hayne is on over 500 pa sandow 550 and hoppa will be on 800. No wonder snake was asking for 600

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6