I hate origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
AFL is not translated well to the TV apparently, so attending a live match is the way to get a real feel for the game.

Go Swanies :)

I do like the Swannies (my bro is devoutly Hawthorn and doesn't follow real footy, rugby league, anymore).

I'm not anti-AFL or Yawnion either; just prefer league and always have.

And you're right too @wedgetail eagle

As good as the AFL have the nation wide game covered, their rep footy is a farce.

They pick an All-Australian team and have no-one to play! (apart from the Irish in a hybrid game occasionally).

@Technical Coach

I did use the word " rarely " do we see NRL games as good as Origin, not. " never".

Have to agree there see some ball tearers on occasion. , one last year Us v Rorters was exceptional.

But overall most don't reach the same level.

Mark from Brisbane said:
@Technical Coach

I did use the word " rarely " do we see NRL games as good as Origin, not. " never".

Have to agree there see some ball tearers on occasion. , one last year Us v Rorters was exceptional.

But overall most don't reach the same level.

I know you said rarely but you usually find 2-3 a year at the very least making Origin not stand out as much.

Edit : Don't tell me you're actually a closet Queenslander too Alan old mate??
[/quote]

No Re, , born and breed in Freshie, only went to Brisbane on a one year deal. Before that the only "two heads" I had met were from Curl Curl.

SOO 2 broke TV viewing records with Rockhampton viewers tuning in in their thousands . The event drew on average 67,620 viewers, the peak audience reaching 71,942. A record 4.193 million viewers (a combined metro and regional average audience) watched the Blues break their 8 year drought, making it the highest rating television show of 2014 and the highest rating Origin game in OzTam history. An audience of 558,513 viewers across regional Qld watched the event.

Contrary to popular belief, I didn't see any of these hate filled, Qld supporting zombies, spewing forth fire and brimstone and screaming for the destruction of all things Blue. Nor did I see any crazed Blues fans, rubbing in their victory and carrying on like they had just freed rugby league from the depths of depravity.

What I did notice was a very large number of people flying Blues flags, wearing Blues jerseys, hats, t-shirts even the odd beanie around town.

My point? The hatred, just as in general life, is what you make it, If you want to carry on like a tool and scream crap and threaten everyone within earshot, you will. Not because you are a passionate supporter of your State and a staunch supporter of RL. It's because you're a tool. Tools are everywhere and evident at every game of footy. They are a joke and should be treated as such.

I am happy to report that here in Rocky, one of the most central towns in Qld and certainly the heart of Qld rugby league, I have heard of no acts of SOO induced violence from Wednesday night, even with record numbers of Blues supporters making themselves visible and loud. You'd think if it was going to happen anywhere, it would have erupted here.

Again, the players love SOO. I'd like to see the Manly club tell our players to all stand down from Origin selection like Jamie. What do you think might happen?? A mass exodus? Certainly player discomfort. If players from other clubs knew they couldn't make themselves available for SOO, we may struggle to attract top line players here in the future. It would never happen though.

Think about this.....are you all really upset with the concept of SOO (even though it ticks all the boxes as far as marketability, the players love it, the fans of RL love it, supporters of other sports love the hype and build up to it etc, etc) OR....are you just upset about the timing of it?? What if it were played at the end of the year, after the competition has concluded?? Would that lessen your dislike of it? Answer from your head, not your heart that may feel the need to stick strongly to your original opinion.

Before calling for an end to an event that is so good for the sport, try to think of an alternative to the problem it poses. Then you are contributing and not simply regurgitating the same old same old.

I'll bet, to a person, everyone of you can come up with at least one way of lessening the blow on clubs that SOO has. I have ample faith that if you guys put your minds to it, you'll come up with options. You are some of the smartest people to grace a supporters site. C'mon, don't let me down :) Open your minds and let those creative juices flow!!!

2 conferences, 8 teams per conference
We play home and away against the Sydney Conference teams
We only play teams out of Sydney once a year in regular rounds
22 rounds, No byes
Top 4 teams in each conference play semis and GF over 4 weeks
Followed by a 2 week break for the premiers to celebrate
Then, the rep session starts
Starts with city vs country concept throughout South Pacific countries
A fortnight later, and for every fortnight over 6 weeks, State of Origin is played in every South Pacific country
A fortnight later, Australia plays NZ, while other SoPac countries play each other
A fortnight later, the season ends with Australia playing England.

38 weeks, from start to finish
That's enough footy for all of us and the players get plenty of time to rest and recover

It's a lot harder to come up with positive ideas for change than it is to come up with negative criticism of what is, isn't it?

Much more worthwhile though.

I believe the best judge on it all is the players @mozgrame

If we could somehow get their consensus on Origin, as is, and the season, that's the best indicator.

I know quite a few have said there's simply too much footy; especially for the elite players (who play all games potentially with finals and rep footy).

But some say they love the current Origin format, so you'd have to somehow get a majority view.

In the end, the players are the best judge of what format is best for the game.

RiverEagle said:
I believe the best judge on it all is the players @mozgrame

If we could somehow get their consensus on Origin, as is, and the season, that's the best indicator.

I know quite a few have said there's simply too much footy; especially for the elite players (who play all games potentially with finals and rep footy).

But some say they love the current Origin format, so you'd have to somehow get a majority view.

In the end, the players are the best judge of what format is best for the game.

For blokes like gallen it is their only chance for glory. For players from good clubs I reckon they prefer finals and premierships, eg jamie

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6