I don't get player managers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Spuds Bodyguard

Reserve Grader
There are 16 teams in the competition. Each club has a salary cap of $4.4M for the top 25 players.

Therefore 16 x $4.4M = $70.4M in total player payments

I assume player managers would be paid a % of the players income.

Therefore the only way for them to increase their income would be to represent more players, not to drive the price of one player up, as this would automatically push the price of another player down.

The pie is only so big.

So why then do we have to put up with all the ducks and drakes and other bull**** surrounding contract negotiations?

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
prob easier for them to put the effort into a few top guns then run around representing a heap of smaller fish for the same dollars.

The devil they sold their souls to is a hard taskmaster.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
Therefore the only way for them to increase their income would be to represent more players, not to drive the price of one player up, as this would automatically push the price of another player down.
You have applies to simple an approach. True that most player managers are as simple as single celled organisms.

A group of player managers is considered a Herd As a whole the herd only get a percentage of the pie. But each player managers share of the pie depends on how many players he has, or how much he gets for each. If you managed only the players for one club. You could never increase the amount you get. Hence no player manager has all his players at one club. Have a few at each club and get as much of the pie as you can, leaving less for the others. That is why they cause so much rubbish.
I am hungry just thinking about pie.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
There are 16 teams in the competition. Each club has a salary cap of $4.4M for the top 25 players.

Therefore 16 x $4.4M = $70.4M in total player payments

I assume player managers would be paid a % of the players income.

The pie is only so big.

So why then do we have to put up with all the ducks and drakes and other bull**** surrounding contract negotiations?

All managers do not have the same number of clients. If a manager gets a great deal (Hoppa, Sandow) their reputation grows and they are more likely to end up with more clients.

Apart from that, a lot of the ducks and drakes is simply managers using whatever tactics they can to drive a contract up, which after all is their job.

The (non) regulation of player managers is a disgrace, as evidenced by the recent token bans for outright dishonesty. They should have been completely de-registered. First major failing of the Commission.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7