I can feel it!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some fair points here. Souths were missing Graham and Wighton and looked a bit underdone. Conversely we looked very fit. However hard to not get carried away given the size of the event but your point is well and truly noted!
Souths have a lot of big boppers compared to us, we looked decidedly more mobile and fitter.

People who saying we getting carried away with this, we won a round 1 game at Las Vegas against a pretty good opposition, one of our bogey teams infact. This doesn't happen often. Let us rejoice and then recuperate for the week after. Been a big week for the club and all the fans that travelled there, it's so satisfying we won. Haven't beaten the Rabbits since 2019 and they've beaten us in some close games including eliminating us in 2 finals series. So it's good to get one over them in this highly anticipated season opener, especially when we were 20-12 down. Impressive overcoming of adversity by the boys, shows a growth in character from the last few years.

The brilliant Eamonn Tiernan from Fox Sports (no I've never heard of him either) tips Manly to break into the top 8 in his article today that features this 'fact' ... but I thought Manly made a bunch of consecutive finals up until 2015?

"Craig Bellamy’s Storm, Trent Robinson’s Roosters and Wayne Bennett’s Broncos are the only sides to have played finals in seven straight seasons in the past 25 years."

The brilliant Eamonn Tiernan from Fox Sports (no I've never heard of him either) tips Manly to break into the top 8 in his article today that features this 'fact' ... but I thought Manly made a bunch of consecutive finals up until 2015?

"Craig Bellamy’s Storm, Trent Robinson’s Roosters and Wayne Bennett’s Broncos are the only sides to have played finals in seven straight seasons in the past 25 years."

Two things
1. They cop out by saying Manly only made it due to the storm having points taken off in 2010
2. You expect accuracy from News Limited?

Despite the negatives, and not suggesting there aren't issues to be addressed, Manly has just defeated one of the anticipated top four sides in the comp. We face another in just under two weeks. I was impressed, especially given I thought it would take Brooks time to adjust to the Manly structure. Some very positive signs here. Ola continues to develop. Brooks fits in well. Burbo has stepped up a level. DCE seems freer to play his magic. The hooking position seems fairly stable at this stage. The centre pairing seems to be becoming a real weapon. Turbo is uninjured. Good signs. Now if Manly can just get Schuster to do what he does best.

There is a serious danger we are getting carried away with this win...
I was too (at Manly Leagues, not hard to get caught up in the excitement). Only 6 tries to 5, still work to do on our defence. But a well-controlled fightback after nearly dropping our bundle after half time - better mentality and belief evident. On here as well!
Yes it was "only 6 tries to 5", but given that Souths' first try came from an incorrect play the ball, and their last try came from a double movement, and Turbo had a fair try disallowed - it could (should) have easily been 7 tries to 3.

I would sooner win 6 tries to 5 than by 2 tries to 1 just from an entertainment point of view. As long as we outscore the opposition I couldn't give a flying ****
The problem is that those 5 tries mean defensive deficiencies that will be exposed by better sides come finals time. It needs to be fixed, but I think we will improve.

The problem is that those 5 tries mean defensive deficiencies that will be exposed by better sides come finals time. It needs to be fixed, but I think we will improve.

Wouldn't be too concerned . The Rabbits are a top side and last year they averaged 24 points a match in attack, same as they scored in this match against Manly

ohhhh yeah!!!! 2 from 2 baby!!

I can feel it and i can feel it hard!

we are in for a great year!!!!!

big test v The Parra Sooks this week, NRL, Refs and bunker won’t want them to start 1-2

ohhhh yeah!!!! 2 from 2 baby!!

I can feel it and i can feel it hard!

we are in for a great year!!!!!

big test v The Parra Sooks this week, NRL, Refs and bunker won’t want them to start 1-2
Haha, be thankful we’re not playing Bunnies who are 0-2 (though we’d probably smash them again anyway). NRL won’t want pride of the league 0-3!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8