I’m Bored

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
For those of you from the old forum on MWSE website from many years ago would remember this thread title well.

So if you are feeling bored go to the current club website where they have some great games to watch from our past.
7F1CE245-74F9-4AE1-A0FE-06997E9BA090.jpeg

For those of you from the old forum on MWSE website from many years ago would remember this thread title well.

So if you are feeling bored go to the current club website where they have some great games to watch from our past. View attachment 14204

The first forum I was in was during the 90’s run by Bryan Gaensler ( now Professor or something).

Then to Aaron Markies “ one eyed eagle” , then to MWSE and lastly Silvertails.

My post count on here is heading to 30,000 but I would have had that many on MWSE and goodness know how many on the others.

Which just goes to prove how full of absolute **** I am.

The first forum I was in was during the 90’s run by Bryan Gaensler ( now Professor or something).

My post count on here is heading to 30,000 but I would have had that many on MWSE and goodness know how many on the others.

Be kind on yourself Mark , you deserve it . Seriously that is some achievement ,really .

Which just goes to prove how full of absolute **** I am. (AGREED) - LOLOLOL

If you mean former Young Australian of the Year and also...

PROFESSOR BRYAN M. GAENSLER PhD FAA
Director, Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics
Canada Research Chair | Canadian SKA Science Director

Then I guess professor is technically correct. Sheesh he's done some stuff. the site is still up by the way.

Here's a post from some guy called "Mark from Moree"

Unfortunately I could not make it Brookie on Sunday to farewell that grand old gentleman Sir Cliff Lyons. Yes that's what I reckon they should add to his title, drop the Mr & add "Sir".

It is almost impossible to imagine a Manly game without Cliffy there setting up trys for Beaver Menzies (I just wonder how many of his career 88 trys were scored.....Lyons to Menzies who scores???????? ....it would be interesting to know?) And what about his efforts in the 1987 and all the 90's Grand Final's (hope there is one more there for you Cliff), truely unforgetable.

I watched from afar on Sunday and Foxtel did not show any of the post game celebrations and despite the wet weather I hope everyone at the game gave him the sendoff he deserves. Look I know everyone is sad to seem him go, and so am I, and yes perhaps he would have been a great fresh reserve for another couple of years but the game must go on as does life.

To Sir Cliff, you have been the heart and soul of the Eagles for the last 13 years, good luck in your retirement (but it's ok for you to play in the UK) and most of all,

"Thanks for the memories"
Mark from Moree

You remember typing that??

If you mean former Young Australian of the Year and also...

PROFESSOR BRYAN M. GAENSLER PhD FAA
Director, Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics
Canada Research Chair | Canadian SKA Science Director

Then I guess professor is technically correct. Sheesh he's done some stuff. the site is still up by the way.

Here's a post from some guy called "Mark from Moree"

Unfortunately I could not make it Brookie on Sunday to farewell that grand old gentleman Sir Cliff Lyons. Yes that's what I reckon they should add to his title, drop the Mr & add "Sir".

It is almost impossible to imagine a Manly game without Cliffy there setting up trys for Beaver Menzies (I just wonder how many of his career 88 trys were scored.....Lyons to Menzies who scores???????? ....it would be interesting to know?) And what about his efforts in the 1987 and all the 90's Grand Final's (hope there is one more there for you Cliff), truely unforgetable.

I watched from afar on Sunday and Foxtel did not show any of the post game celebrations and despite the wet weather I hope everyone at the game gave him the sendoff he deserves. Look I know everyone is sad to seem him go, and so am I, and yes perhaps he would have been a great fresh reserve for another couple of years but the game must go on as does life.

To Sir Cliff, you have been the heart and soul of the Eagles for the last 13 years, good luck in your retirement (but it's ok for you to play in the UK) and most of all,

"Thanks for the memories"
Mark from Moree

You remember typing that??

I do actually and that shows you how long ago that was , Cliffy’s last game at Brookie.

I met Bryan once , not at the footy of all things on a plane ( I knew the face) went up and said “ GDay I’m Mark from Moree” , he just about pissed himself laughing.

So that post comes from 1999, I’m guessing I had 5 years on that forum 1995-2000 , pretty sure he closed it down about then.

So 25 years of mostly bull****!!

Last edited:
I do actually and that shoes you how long ago that was , Cliffy’s last game at Brookie.

I met Bryan once , not at the footy of all things on a plane ( I knew the face) went up and said “ GDay I’m Mark from Moree” , he just about pissed himself laughing.

So that post comes from 1999, I’m guessing I had 5 years on that forum 1995-2000 , pretty sure he closed it down about then.

So 25 years of mostly bull****!!

When we last brought this up, I emailed him and he says the site is still up...and gets about 30 hits a day.

Maybe while we're all bored we should throw some posts his way!!!???

Though "in those days" you had to email them in, he checked each one, then put them up.

If he still lives in Toronto, I wonder if he goes to the wolfpack games? (Damn east coast snobs! get bloody everything).

EDIT: From his site:

I reserve the right to edit and censor your thoughts as I see fit. Those who can at least spell will be regarded favourably in this respect...

Uh oh....

PS: It's cool you remember doing it.

When we last brought this up, I emailed him and he says the site is still up...and gets about 30 hits a day.

Maybe while we're all bored we should throw some posts his way!!!???

Though "in those days" you had to email them in, he checked each one, then put them up.

If he still lives in Toronto, I wonder if he goes to the wolfpack games? (Damn east coast snobs! get bloody everything).

EDIT: From his site:

I reserve the right to edit and censor your thoughts as I see fit. Those who can at least spell will be regarded favourably in this respect...

Uh oh....

PS: It's cool you remember doing it.

Well it was about the time I was travelling down to a lot of matches but I was in the midst of a huge Rugby World Cup group which was just about to depart so I had my head down bum up and not long after this I went to the UK where I was based for more than two months coordinating about 500 people coming and going on tours.

See if you can pick a better norths legends team than big Donny

You would have Darie Kovai in there for sure

Big Donnie’s Best: North Sydney legend Don McKinnon picks his best ever Bears

Last edited:

Rex Wright?

Decided to switch Foxsports league on. Have watched 2 intercept passes from N.E Kimmorley straight to rookie Anasta at the Dogs. Wow what a sht team it was and how fuked was Kimmorley.

Bryan Gaensler has a Phd in Astrophysics and is currently working in Toronto, he has a passion for Magnetars, Supernovae ,Pulsars and most of ,all Manly Sea Eagles.

That is hilarious, credit to big Donny if he wrote that himself. Very funny
(Sounds like our Des has a bit of Ron Willey in him as a coach, not surprising as Willey part of Manly folklore.)

Rep players Marty Bella and Gavin Jones would have been at the Bears while Donny was still there Probably Laurie Spina , not sure about Les Kiss . Rex Wright was a hooker i think .Can "t remember Doug Rollerson

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6