Hypothetically speaking.. Should we Have kept the Dalai?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Like him or loathe him Brad Arthur has done a pretty fair job in the face of insurmountable odds with the Sqweels. That team had pretty much every right to clock off after their points were(deservedly) docked, yet they still turn up and put in 100% each week.

He's managed to keep them together even after losing Peats and Foz and Choc etc and surely that's no mean feat.

Perhaps we would have been better off retaining him and not chasing Barrett? Or, promoting him to head coach ahead of Tooves? I'm sure I'll cop some flack for mentioning that but I think we'd be in a better position now if that had been the case...

Thoughts?

We are Manly, he is and always will be a whinging worm.

Huge mistake ever letting him near our club. He white anted Toovey and took full advantage of our team breaking up.

Win at all costs wanker who presided over a salary cap rort and is painted in the media as a savour.

A big no!!!!

We are Manly, he is and always will be a whinging worm.

Huge mistake ever letting him near our club. He white anted Toovey and took full advantage of our team breaking up.

Win at all costs wanker who presided over a salary cap rort and is painted in the media as a savour.

A big no!!!!
I heard him on the radio this morning saying that Parra should be in the semi's if it wasn't for the 12 point deduction

He refuses to acknowledge that the team was created by cheating the salary cap.

Funny how Parra can upgrade and retain their players while at the same time buying more players such as vave for twice what we offered him.

He will stop at nothing to achieve success even if that means cheating he is scum and should be in the same place as Waldron - not in the NRL.

He didn't want to be here. He only came in the first place because he was unemployed.
And don't forget they tried to get him back when they were in the process of shafting Tooves. Barrett was our fall back position after the Dalai knocked us back. Had he come across to replace Tooves then we probably would have retained Foran....which would have made for an interesting season given his issues.

BA would have been nothing without the brown paper bags

Absolutely spot on @Fluffy.........!

He went back to the worms after being sacked years before from the worms because he is parra scum and he has a bottom less pit of money (from the pokies) to access. He would not be able to do what he has without money, as simple as that.

What people in the media seem to conveniently leave out in their love fest commentary and newspaper stories is that this scum bag would not have assembled the team he has now with out cheating.

He was around when the purple scum cheated and now he is around when the worms cheat.

He should not be allowed to be in the NRL.

And there is no way in the world I would want him anywhere near my team. He is deplorable and has been involved with cheating for a very large % of his NRL life. He actually makes me sick and is the epitome of what is wrong in sport and the NRL. Always looking to cut corners and has no problems destroying peoples lives to win. And that win at all costs mentality is not healthy and crosses the line to psychopathic.

So that is a resounding NO WAY from me............!

I will give him one piece of credit, he has done a good job at keeping the Eels competitive when their season has fallen apart. So good job for that.

But I agree with what everyone else has said, he has a deadset attitude as though what has happened has been unfair when in reality the Eels have gotten off lightly. I really don't like him, he seems like a real surly tosser.

thats why you don't bring in assistant coaches who have aspirations of 1st grade coaching. He worked his way into club with the eye on another prize and found the players he wanted and sided with them so much that when the players weren't happy with Toovey or the club, they all still loved Arfur.

Hi support should have been 100% behind the coach and clubs directives, but obviously not, as he would have been unpopular too.

Good work Penn.

No way, hell no and just plain old NO.

Look, I'll admit that Arthur can coach, but the guy was never Manly. His eye was on the doesn't-matta job and the fact that he took advantage of the Gifty situation by signing Choc and using him as bait to get Foran who in turn was used as bait to get Gutherson, Scott, Jennings and Gordon.....and then how Choc and Foran were treated by the Speels and Arthur this year, AND the fact that I believe he was up to his eyeballs in their salary cap cheating (and still refuses to acknowledge their cheating while lapping up the media love fest for him) shows me that Arthur cares about Arthur and that's it.

The worms are welcome to that PoS.

If they did or if he EVER darkens our door again I will be an exclusive New York Jets fan.

Like him or loathe him Brad Arthur has done a pretty fair job in the face of insurmountable odds with the Sqweels. That team had pretty much every right to clock off after their points were(deservedly) docked, yet they still turn up and put in 100% each week.

He's managed to keep them together even after losing Peats and Foz and Choc etc and surely that's no mean feat.

Perhaps we would have been better off retaining him and not chasing Barrett? Or, promoting him to head coach ahead of Tooves? I'm sure I'll cop some flack for mentioning that but I think we'd be in a better position now if that had been the case...

Thoughts?
He left to take up a first grade coaching gig, he would've gone whether we wanted to keep him or not

I wouldn't want him, appears to be a better coach then Barrett though.

I still can't believe our head coach is Trent Barrett

Thoughts?
Waiting in anticipation for @JenEagle 's answer.:D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4