Hypothetical: Most Wanted?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
What player would you add to the Sea Eagles squad to immediately boost the team's 2023 performances?

This is a purely hypothetical question. The player doesn't need to be available (off contract), nor does there need to be room in our salary cap or top thirty to accommodate him. He can come from anywhere - NRL, ESL or even Rugby Union!

In Silvertails discussions, it is often mentioned that a tough experienced front rower who leads from the front is what the team needs most. Also, the lack of an elite hooker is regularly discussed. Here are some players that may be in the running for the 'most wanted'.

Prop
JFH, Leota, Tino, Haas, Carrigan, Tapine, Paulo, RCG - all superior to our current crop of front rowers (IMO)

Hooker
Api, Grant (somewhat injury prone), Cook (past his prime?)

Halfback
Cleary - for his organisational ability & all round kicking game

Outside Backs - maybe Teddy for his leadership ability (with Turbo to centre?)

Personally, I think a prop is 'most wanted', but I am not sure which would be best choice - maybe the hard nosed JFH, the metre eating Haas or the offloading Tapine?

I would suggest excluding players from the discussion who are suspension or injury prone.

Last edited:
You can get props on special at Lowes in the bargain bin ... they just make up the numbers ..

For me it would be someone who can win games .... Joey Manu ...

Harry Grant
Sad that we lost an equally good player forever (at least 95% similar ability, IMO). If only he had a steady girlfriend at a young age, like so many of our Islander players, he may have stayed on the straight & narrow.

I'd happily take Tino, Tapine or Fisher-Harris for a prop and definitely Manu.

As for a hooker, I'd go for Grant. However, Reed Mahoney would be on my hit-list too (though it'll be interesting to see how he plays with the Dogs)...I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned.

I'd take AFB & JWH as forwards. Both ex manly players... I'd take Gutho at fullback if we're moving Turbo to center. Ohhh another ex Manly player...

I'd take AFB & JWH as forwards. Both ex manly players... I'd take Gutho at fullback if we're moving Turbo to center. Ohhh another ex Manly player...
Add a decent hooker & we'd be top 4 for sure. Api - another ex Manly player...

We have one of the best fullbacks in the game (when fit)

We have alright outside backs (with koala to be our x factor centre in years to come)

Quality halves (compared to many other clubs)

Second row and lock are pretty decent

Our biggest opportunity is our middle forward imo!

Yes an additional genuine #9 is in need but if I'm picking one spot it's a hard nosed aggressive young forward with some pace....
Happy with a Carrigan or Cotter please :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4