How will we attract players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dream all you like.

Final decisions come down to three things, because it's not the player but the players manger who has the most influence on the decision.

1 is $$$$

2 Onfield success so future contracts won't be hindered by a decision to join a poor club.

3. The coach, this is only part the player gets a say in. Do they feel comfortable with the coaching staff.

Saying people want to play Tom and Jake is rubbish, every team has potential stars, some actually have current stars.

Sure, his coaching credentials to date aren't great, but he is attractive. Or so I'm told.
Love the saddle pick of Derek Z.
But speaking of our own Zoolander, a bloke's not going to understand the way TB is attractive. I met him in person at a school. He was there for hours so that equates to lots of - let's call it - observing. He's one of those blokes that has huge charisma, is very humble, great with children and up close in person he's an extremely good looking man. I wouldn't have minded a little nibble of his chest.:giggle: School codes of ethics are such spoil sports.:wasntme:
But I settled for getting an autograph with him writing 'Go the Sea Eagles' for me. - nice bloke points.
*This post has nothing to go with TB's coaching abilities. I'd be happy for the fugliest man in the world to coach us to a Premiership.
Baz is here for now and I'm prepared to give him at least next year to learn, improve and lead the Mighty Eagles to a higher position on the ladder, seriously pushing for top eight and beyond.
Go Manly!

Manly wont have trouble attracting players... The awesome beaches are still there regardless of a few bad years..
And i believe players Will want to play along side blokes like both turbos, buhrer,dce as they have the potential to deliver another 2 or s0 premierships over the next 8 years..
With guys like lyon matai snake and myles all in the last year or 2 of their careers we will have plenty of money to attract a few big names..
Next year will likely be much like this one, then i honestly believe manly will head to the top of the comp again around the 18/19 seasons

But speaking of our own Zoolander, a bloke's not going to understand the way TB is attractive. I met him in person at a school. He was there for hours so that equates to lots of - let's call it - observing. He's one of those blokes that has huge charisma, is very humble, great with children and up close in person he's an extremely good looking man. I wouldn't have minded a little nibble of his chest.:giggle: School codes of ethics are such spoil sports.:wasntme:
But I settled for getting an autograph with him writing 'Go the Sea Eagles' for me. - nice bloke points.
*This post has nothing to go with TB's coaching abilities. I'd be happy for the fugliest man in the world to coach us to a Premiership.
Baz is here for now and I'm prepared to give him at least next year to learn, improve and lead the Mighty Eagles to a higher position on the ladder, seriously pushing for top eight and beyond.
Go Manly!

" Chest Nibbles" .......lol

Young @Turbo , I appreciate your enthusiasm and passion, and don't even mind your FAARTS ( what does that stand for again???) BUT there are some things that at a tender age you have no comprehension of.

Owners of NRL clubs do not grow on tree's, very few people have the money or the interest to chuck a lazy $20 million into what is mostly a money gobbling fantasy world.

If the District Football Club even had the money to buy it back they couldn't fund it week to week, SO, we are stuck with what we've got as far as ownership is concerned.

AND, because of that calling for staff member A or B to be sacked , or the board sacked is also laughable.

With a one group ownership comes some downsides, they employ who they want , they sack who they want , and they run the club how they want.

We would all love it to be the way it was , but it's not, and it isn't going to change.

Any post made that suggests that Kelly be sacked , Bozo sacked , Barrett sacked is hilarious , we as members have ZERO say.

We either have to push the ownership issues to one side ( as I have done ) and enjoy the footy for what it is OR we are like many @bones ( who is a great mate of mine so I'm not having a go at him in saying this ) who no longer give a ****.

Will things ever change??

Of course, it's an ever changing world but will it change for Manly in the next 3-5 years.......doubtful!!

Zorba has no need to be at our club. He does nothing.
Yes he does. He is the equivalent of at least four head of cattle in terms of oxygen depletion.

And he has helped to keep the Forestville TAB afloat, plus Dean Ritchie and (until recent times) Phil Rothfield in clover.

Yes he does. He is the equivalent of at least four head of cattle in terms of oxygen depletion.

And he has helped to keep the Forestville TAB afloat, plus Dean Ritchie and (until recent times) Phil Rothfield in clover.
And The Entrance pub TAB unfortunately.
Seems to be in the warmer months.
Again, unfortunately....

Top pub or bottom pub?

And do two young men, surname starting with 'F', plus an oleaginous gentleman of indeterminate Eastern European appearance, frequent that pub?
Terry, once again your gift of mastering the English vernacular surpasses me but I worked it out.
1. Obviously you are quite familiar with this joint because these pubs have had names for the best part of a century that no-one uses. Top pub = lakes, bottom pub= the entrance.
Zorba haunts the bottom pub because he stays at a place over at north entrance that a parra supporting mate of mine lives at.... and he hates him too!!
2. Not that I have seen but mimis has been known to.
The gentlemen in question frequent the beery at terrigal.

I wasn't actually referring to Mimis, Harvs!

I have a property in the area. And I prefer 'The Entrance' pub - more pleasant surrounds.

The club is a mess! It's just not a manly side or club ATM if feels like the northern eagles

Get over yourself Turbo....how old were you during the NE debacle?
Hilarious, Turbo says he's 15 and yet remembers how it felt during the Northern Eagles. By my count NE began before Turbo was born and ended when he was 1.

giphy.gif

Go Manly!
Nah....he's a poofter.

I wasn't actually referring to Mimis, Harvs!

I have a property in the area. And I prefer 'The Entrance' pub - more pleasant surrounds.
Yeah nah I know. But I'm saying I don't know of those figures frequenting that establishment but I do know of the other.... chap!!

Well your uncle might know more than I know, we've lost a lot of matches this year but it doesn't feel the same to me at all.
Yep. It somehow doesn't feel as bad as the Northern Eagles years.

And yet ...

We're a good chance of finishing lower on the ladder than all of those years!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6