How to feel deflated after winning? .... Follow Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would more sum it up as - Manly beat them up and dominated for 70 minutes and regardless of being a poor Storm performance, Manly after a slow start took control of that game
To be fair Des and co need to investigate what is more than coincidentally been a terrible final 8 minutes again and they will.
If you can bust out a big lead against Storm you have done plenty right, but it's valid to call out this pedestrian final 8 minutes....fitness, arrogance, lack of belief, choking-, lack of leadership to close out a game - maybe a combination burger of all these factors....but to be in a position to beat Cows and Storm you are doing plenty right - just need to tweak the Sh** effort after the 70 mins mark and complete the contest

But we DONT learn. That’s the problem. An “investigation” is useless if you don’t present the findings

Cherry cannot game manage . Simple. Even with 2 seconds remaining he just needs to take the tackle and lock the game up… nope, let’s try a grubber and see what happens . He lost us the cows game and almost lost this one again. All went wrong when he dummied to himself and lost the ball. They then went on their 4 try streak. Des needs to tear shreds off him
Always been a dce fan but tbh I can’t disagree with any of this. Very disappointed in our captain tonight despite the win.

Strange, happy as to win and for me that comes first, I thought what happened to us last week would steel us to get the Storm, we did and we haven’t done that at home for 5 years, but clocking off again! After celebrating the win I hope Des gets stuck into them.

As much as the last 10 mins soured what was a great effort, I actually think it will turn out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise and be a positive going forward, no way it happens again, I hoping that tonight and last week will turn us into an 80 min side.
Hope you're right old mate

Before the match, I'm sure all Silvertails would have accepted a six point win over the Storm. My gut feeling was that we would win convincingly (which was the case till the last few minutes).

There's so many positives to take away from the match that I think it's better to focus on them rather than the last few minutes. Apart from our forward dominance, our back five outplayed the Storm back five. Both Harper & Koula had possibly their best games ever

Onwards and upwards!

Our last minutes was criminal tonight. Abject failure to manage the game and mucking up 2 kick offs is so fundamentally awful!

I think in hindsight it would have been better If Kieran had managed the last few minutes as our 7 totally lost his head with some of the dumbest plays you will ever see.

DCE has never consistently managed to ice a game and tonight we saw again how poorly he handled it. I was aghast that with the game done he would kick when the play was to hold onto to the ball. Too many errors of judgement from him undid the good things he did in the game.

Its such a shame and I think we seriously need to look at having a game manager to quieten things down when we have a big lead like we have enjoyed the last 2 games at home. We got away with it tonight and it left a bitter taste in the mouth to see the team squander a huge lead on the back of our own incompetence!

Cherry cannot game manage . Simple. Even with 2 seconds remaining he just needs to take the tackle and lock the game up… nope, let’s try a grubber and see what happens . He lost us the cows game and almost lost this one again. All went wrong when he dummied to himself and lost the ball. They then went on their 4 try streak. Des needs to tear shreds off him
Seriously?!
You bag him for kicking the ball this week - that they were never going to get
and bag him for last week for holding the ball - that he lost in a tackle.

Sounds like you prefer he just wasn't playing.

Our last minutes was criminal tonight. Abject failure to manage the game and mucking up 2 kick offs is so fundamentally awful!

I think in hindsight it would have been better If Kieran had managed the last few minutes as our 7 totally lost his head with some of the dumbest plays you will ever see.

DCE has never consistently managed to ice a game and tonight we saw again how poorly he handled it. I was aghast that with the game done he would kick when the play was to hold onto to the ball. Too many errors of judgement from him undid the good things he did in the game.

Its such a shame and I think we seriously need to look at having a game manager to quieten things down when we have a big lead like we have enjoyed the last 2 games at home. We got away with it tonight and it left a bitter taste in the mouth to see the team squander a huge lead on the back of our own incompetence!

So you're saying that Schu being offside from a kickoff is DCE's fault and Foz would've ensured he stayed onside?

So you're saying that Schu being offside from a kickoff is DCE's fault and Foz would've ensured he stayed onside?
The offside from the kick off is squarely on Schuster, the next kickoff really compounded things and the last play was totally unnecessary. I get he was knackered by then and not really thinking straight. We need other options to manage games when DCE does not do it!

I was feeling terrific after 74 minutes of footy, up 36 - 12.

Then we let in 4 tries to completely ruin a great win.

We did the same against the Cowboys, but lost.

WTF is wrong with Manly in 2022?
I can't believe the **** in reading in this thread. I didn't expect us to beat melbourne. They are with penrith the stand out team in the comp. Now grant the last ten mins werent pretty. However in the 70 minutes before that we did enough to shut them out. Even more so if we fixed our goal kick.

We are also not supporsed
To win without Tom, we haven't beat top 4 team in 2 years, we haven't beaten a top 8 this year. We did both tonight with out the best player in the
Game. Stop being negative clowns and enjoy the fsct
We got the purple scum. Good night

I really do feel like that.

if that was storm bellyache would of not been happy anything less than 50+ points if the shoe was on the other foot.

we will never get a chance in a long long time to put the storm to the sword like we did tonight.
I don’t think Des was happy either.

His “It was four minutes of mayhem [at the end] that we have to adjust, we have to fix, and we will,” comment was a giveaway.

He could start by introducing a few defensive underachievers/dunderheads to the NSW Cup coach.

Last edited:
I was feeling terrific after 74 minutes of footy, up 36 - 12.

Then we let in 4 tries to completely ruin a great win.

We did the same against the Cowboys, but lost.

WTF is wrong with Manly in 2022?
We just don’t know how to close out games.

they are dumb and lazy
Our team does lack football intelligence. The effort is always there and I love these boys, but we so often don't play "smart." Other teams seem to play smarter than we do in crucial moments and panic under pressure in those final minutes. How many matches have we led this season after forty minutes?

Sorry all - I didn't watch the game with Keppie starting - I just couldn't do it - I smelled doom. To wake up today and see a win and see we smacked their bums for most of the game.. no matter how the Storm were going is fabulous. To see we had a late meltdown.. not so good obviously. But if someone said before the game that we beat the Storm tonight by six - most would have said no way and the rest would have said **** we will take that. For the negative nellies including the original poster who is a serious and constant complainer to post anything but a recognition of what obviously overall was a pretty damn good performance is just typical of the doomsdayers on here. I will watch the game over the next few days. I am sure I will be outraged over mistakes and am sure my old friend Keppie did some bone headed things, it looks like I will be outraged over the finish BUT I will be proud that we won... we beat a top 4 side.. I will hope we fix our wobbles at the end and hope that somehow we get the boneheads off the field and get our 2022 full complement back and no more injuries.. ie Parker. I certainly would have posted and commented about the meltdown and the errors but I would have been balanced and recognised the great win.. against a top 4 side. Sad that some can't see anything but negative... but everyone sees life differently. I just choose to be harsh, be fair dinkum but also see the positives... I am hoping when I watch the game I will see some real Manly grit and determination and if I see that I will know we will be ok ... even without Tom. We are much better with him.. we can't win the GF without him but we can certainly make the 8 and do us Manly supporters proud. Look on the positives guys and gals... however it happened unless the Storm were down to 11 players it was a good win.

“Can’t win without Tom, 1 man team”

“Can’t beat a top 8 side”

“Can’t compete with a top 4 side”

“Des is a dinosaur with no idea”

“DCE is ****”

“Jake is past it”

“Croker is ****”

“Harper is the worst player in Manly history”

“Taupau is ****”
“Keppie is ****”

List goes on and on, they beat the Storm, still not good enough

L O L