How to feel deflated after winning? .... Follow Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The late match fadng is embarrassing and heads should roll
it began with Marty being stripped in front of the posts and it went on AGAIN
It wasn’t that. Marty’s one became 26-12. He wasn’t even on the field the last 10. It began when both Schuster and Keppie came on the field.

But… a win is a win and that against a top 2 team. We blew them off the park and Des took off Ola and Jake. Post the bye we will be good as no more origin and no need to rest up players in last few minutes.

We were hammering them even with a really crap first 15 minutes and 2 matches in a row we showed what we can do. Our next 3 games will define where we finish. Beat Knights Dragons and Roosters we will be on 24 points after round 20.

Very dissapointing and if we think this is a minor issue it’s f$@en not! For and against will be a factor in the 8 this year no doubt at all. It will decide who makes the 8 and imo who makes the 4. We have absolutely thrown away f/a pts as well as comp pts the last 2 games. Happy we win and was confident we would. Absolutely disgusted in what we dishes up at the end.

It wasn’t that. Marty’s one became 26-12. He wasn’t even on the field the last 10. It began when both Schuster and Keppie came on the field.

But… a win is a win and that against a top 2 team. We blew them off the park and Des took off Ola and Jake. Post the bye we will be good as no more origin and no need to rest up players in last few minutes.

We were hammering them even with a really crap first 15 minutes and 2 matches in a row we showed what we can do. Our next 3 games will define where we finish. Beat Knights Dragons and Roosters we will be on 24 points after round 20.
the knights dragons games crucial as well as roosters..we need to beat teams around us.

Its a pretty hollow feeling.....we wont be able to do anything in this comp playing 70 minutes.

But, I'll try and focus on the fact we looked fantastic for 70min and we have beaten a top 4 team......but geeez

I would more sum it up as - Manly beat them up and dominated for 70 minutes and regardless of being a poor Storm performance, Manly after a slow start took control of that game
To be fair Des and co need to investigate what is more than coincidentally been a terrible final 8 minutes again and they will.
If you can bust out a big lead against Storm you have done plenty right, but it's valid to call out this pedestrian final 8 minutes....fitness, arrogance, lack of belief, choking-, lack of leadership to close out a game - maybe a combination burger of all these factors....but to be in a position to beat Cows and Storm you are doing plenty right - just need to tweak the Sh** effort after the 70 mins mark and complete the contest

Cherry cannot game manage . Simple. Even with 2 seconds remaining he just needs to take the tackle and lock the game up… nope, let’s try a grubber and see what happens . He lost us the cows game and almost lost this one again. All went wrong when he dummied to himself and lost the ball. They then went on their 4 try streak. Des needs to tear shreds off him

Strange, happy as to win and for me that comes first, I thought what happened to us last week would steel us to get the Storm, we did and we haven’t done that at home for 5 years, but clocking off again! After celebrating the win I hope Des gets stuck into them.

As much as the last 10 mins soured what was a great effort, I actually think it will turn out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise and be a positive going forward, no way it happens again, I hoping that tonight and last week will turn us into an 80 min side.

they are dumb and lazy
20220620_182319.jpg

Cherry cannot game manage . Simple. Even with 2 seconds remaining he just needs to take the tackle and lock the game up… nope, let’s try a grubber and see what happens . He lost us the cows game and almost lost this one again. All went wrong when he dummied to himself and lost the ball. They then went on their 4 try streak. Des needs to tear shreds off him
Note the thread Jake for captain NOW

Take heart that we were clearly the better team for 75 minutes.
Take heart that Melbourne scored 5 2nd half tries and still lost because of our 75 minutes of dominance.
Enjoy the weekend knowing full well that we really gave them a touch up, irrespective of the last 5 minutes and the final scoreline.
Go Manly 🦅

What a missed opportunity to smack their arses..as deflating as the last few minutes were if anyone told me that we would be beat Melbourne by six , I would have been extatic. So lets take the 2, hopefully learn from it and move forward up the ladder.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2