How to beat Storm and Panthers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
turn up with a decent salary cap auditor and some friendly folks from asada.

Plant a sleeper somewhere strategic in the NRL hierarchy. Ref appointments. Or maybe on the MRC.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

Bound to happen sooner or later. Apart from the 2 winners of the top 4, anyone else would need to play 4 games to win that title. So there is the big advantage of finishing in that top 4 and winning the first semi.....one week off and only 3 games to play in total.

We can win 4 games at that business end with a bit of luck on injuries....and refs!!!

It's possible. Here is the list of teams that won the premiership after playing 4 finals matches in the NRL era:

1998 Broncos (1 loss, 3 wins)
1999 Storm (1 loss, 3 wins)
2002 Roosters (4 wins)
2004 Bulldogs (1 loss, 3 wins)
2005 Tigers (4 wins)
2006 Broncos (1 loss, 3 wins)
2015 Cowboys (1 loss, 3 wins)

The other 16 times it has been won by a team who got 3 wins along with the week off.

Note that in 2002 and 2005 they finished in the top 4 but weren't one of the two highest ranked winners, so had to play in week 2.

With the extra fatigue caused by these new rules I would be amazed if a team playing an extra match wins it.

A long way to go yet, but I think most of us are now quietly confident we can seriously challenge for the title.... THIS year. The nagging question in my mind however is how do you beat both the Storm AND the Panthers come end of year. That's what I think we will need to do to win the premiership this year given the likely draw for the semi's.

I am perhaps a little biased, but I do honestly think we have the best set of forwards and the best bench in the comp. Very confident we can roll both the Panthers and the Storm forward packs. Is that enough? If we stop their forwards, do we also stop / slow down Cleary / Luai for Penrith and Munster / Hughes for Storm. Most of their attack comes from these guys so mitigate / minimise / eliminate their time with the ball and I think you eliminate most of their attack.

So stop their forwards and you stop their halves and you stop their attack?

Thoughts?
We have the players. Our defence and resilience need to be A tad better to beat mel and panthers.We all know we can score tries but a little more patience with good defence and then it’s a matter of who cracks first. Mel are a very patient team and grind away at you. We need to be In a fully professional mindset to beat them two teams. No dickhead policy Gets us 60% there, then the rest is game play. We have the players.

Two words.

THE GRIND. no other teams have been able to match the storm or panthers in the middle which has allowed tbeir silky smooth attack to run roughshod over opposition.

If we stay injury free and have a full strength team on the park we can beat anybody. And the best part is they wil know that. As so many pundits are saying its the storm and panthers by a long way but no one would want to play the Turbo charged seaeagles in a sudden death semi or prelim.

Two words.

THE GRIND. no other teams have been able to match the storm or panthers in the middle which has allowed tbeir silky smooth attack to run roughshod over opposition.

If we stay injury free and have a full strength team on the park we can beat anybody. And the best part is they wil know that. As so many pundits are saying its the storm and panthers by a long way but no one would want to play the Turbo charged seaeagles in a sudden death semi or prelim.
What worries me about that is you're right...Potentially Turbo could win us the GF.
Do you think other teams recognise that?
How far would they push the rules to bash him out of the game?
What would the refs do? Put it on report?

Penrith and Newcastle have contained Turbo so far. Both required a combination of early domination of field position and friendly ref calls. I really wonder what we look like in an arm wrestle, only examples we have seen are the 1st Warriors game, the 2nd Penrith game and the Knights game, so far that's 1 from 3. We need to improve our form in the first 20 minutes if we are to compete with Storm/Riff.

Penrith and Newcastle have contained Turbo so far. Both required a combination of early domination of field position and friendly ref calls. I really wonder what we look like in an arm wrestle, only examples we have seen are the 1st Warriors game, the 2nd Penrith game and the Knights game, so far that's 1 from 3. We need to improve our form in the first 20 minutes if we are to compete with Storm/Riff.
This starting pack should do.
Aoli
Frog
Ttent
Kelpie
Gauc
Jake

If the stats in those games are the same as the match stats for the gold coast game the scores will be a hell of a lot closer - stats almost the same for us and the Tits

Repeat sets get croker or lawton to dart out of dummy half and slot the grubber into the in goal. Cameron smith used to be a pro at it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6