How short are our memories?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some of the reaction was way over the top. Its an emotional game and the bravery from the previous week and the toll it took on the team was obvious last Sunday as one team looked sharp and the other flat.

The defeat was a reality check and in this game we could not hide our shortcomings on our left side defence, our inability to deal with kicks which cost us 3 tries and our inability at the moment to score from kicks or get resets.

I think you will see a reaction this week as the team seeks to bounce back and for me its imperative that the team does the basics well. The team needs to modify its game and be wary of a rebounding Drugcastle too.

Our forwards are doing pretty well, we have issues at 9 and 6 and that needs to be sorted out. The reality is that half the spine is goine for some time and it always takes a few games to adujst to that.

How short are our memories? One minute. Barely longer than that of a goldfish. It's the same with all passionate RL fans.
Within one minute of a loss we change from Silvertails to feather dusters. It will never change.
I'm waiting for the medical profession to start clinical trials of Silvertails' sleeping patterns and dentistry visits. Anecdotal evidence is that Silvertails sleep less soundly, and need more dental help caused by a gnashing of teeth, after a loss.
The solution is simple. A win guarantees blissful sleep and broad smiles until the next match.

I have just logged on for the first time since the loss, and you wouldn't know we are in the top 8! Apparantly DCE is a myth, Foran is the messiah, Benji marshall is going to come off the bench next weekend, and our forwards couldn't beat an egg?

Anyways - just remember Silvertailers.... no one is in hospital dying of a pandemic, no one is in lockdown, and no one should really care THAT much about a loss to the salary cap, drug cheating mongrels from south of the harbour
And the one that topped it right off was the call to sack Des o_O - but spot on with your reality check!

PS Good luck @Harmless27 in your pandemic state.

How short are our memories? One minute. Barely longer than that of a goldfish. It's the same with all passionate RL fans.
Within one minute of a loss we change from Silvertails to feather dusters. It will never change.
I'm waiting for the medical profession to start clinical trials of Silvertails' sleeping patterns and dentistry visits. Anecdotal evidence is that Silvertails sleep less soundly, and need more dental help caused by a gnashing of teeth, after a loss.
The solution is simple. A win guarantees blissful sleep and broad smiles until the next match.
It can all happen within one game too - utter despair to unbridled joy and back again.

Not short memories in my book.More to worry about this year. A lot more , and that’s why the reaction was pretty big.If we are to be honest we have not played well all year and have got by on Manly spirit.
Losing players during a game like Canberra and responding is totally different to running out with a totally defensive mindset with a team clearly lacking in points each week- which is what we did Sunday and it was confirmed by DCEs interview.
Des playing a speedy but unproven Garrick at fullback instead of reliable but non threatening Elliott is a blazing neon sign saying he knows scoring is going to be the big issue under the new rules.

This is nothing like last year in many ways but the three big elephants in the room are the new rules, being utterly shot in the hooker department which last year was a great source of points without Tom and the form of our skipper which is atrocious, way down on last year even though he wasn’t great.

Will be one of Dessies greatest achievements to get us to the eight from here in a 20 round season. This is where guys like Des earn their money and he’ll be up for it. Thank God we aren’t lumbered with some of the pretenders calling themselves coaches in the NRL at the moment.

Last edited:
Here is a radical proposal for you all:
DCE, Tommy T, Jorge, Marty and Jurbo should all be given the rest of the year off to recover from knocks, have a holiday, get some balance back and have some fun.

Rock up next year ready to go.

Let the others flog the dead horse this year.... give some youngsters some game time etc.

if nothing else, how about we at least get them a few games off, or rotate them through the bench?
I thought DCE was already on holiday.. sorry I need to stop. I just cant help but feel it's warranted

Haha.
I'm still amazed our team of myths, reserve graders and meek, softy forwards defeated last year's grand finalists a week ago.
With only 15 players! (or 14 in the end)
Wonders never cease.
Pffft - last weekend was years ago!

As for `12 gauge rants'? Come on @Woodsie I thought you were better than that!!!!! (I am poking the bear here hehehe)

Poke away ... but remember ... any more than two pokes is fore play ..

In fact we are half in agreement ... I believe all the threads criticising DCE, Croker, Levi et al ... after a poor game are off the mark .... when your forwards are getting bitch slapped ...

My comments about the lack of a mongel pack is not criticising any specific player ... all of them are good .... but the lack of a couple of hitters ... blokes that take it personally .... is for me a big negative ....

My memory is long................and people have always been overly dramatic on this site.

I love the place but Croker starts the week pushing Walker out, then 20 minutes into the game he is better than DCE then at the end of the game he is a terrible reserve grader.

As with everything around here the real answer is in the middle ground.

That said......flame away, be passionate, rant when we lose and be over the top when we win.

If everyone was measured in their approach it would be a boring old world

Some of the reaction was way over the top. Its an emotional game and the bravery from the previous week and the toll it took on the team was obvious last Sunday as one team looked sharp and the other flat.

The defeat was a reality check and in this game we could not hide our shortcomings on our left side defence, our inability to deal with kicks which cost us 3 tries and our inability at the moment to score from kicks or get resets.

I think you will see a reaction this week as the team seeks to bounce back and for me its imperative that the team does the basics well. The team needs to modify its game and be wary of a rebounding Drugcastle too.

Our forwards are doing pretty well, we have issues at 9 and 6 and that needs to be sorted out. The reality is that half the spine is goine for some time and it always takes a few games to adujst to that.

Lets not forget the Knights are coming off a loss a well, they will want a win just as much as us.

The loss of Turbo and Walker has really highlighted our lack of depth in the back line.The selections in the spine and back line last week were poor and ineffective its that simple.

The loss of Turbo and Walker has really highlighted our lack of depth in the back line.The selections in the spine and back line last week were poor and ineffective its that simple.
Agreed. Our backline was very poor last match. But don't forget we haven't yet blooded the Shoe, Hoppa Jnr Jnr, Burbo, with near debutants Custed, Tyfuna and Miski also in the mix.
Here's hoping one or more of them turn out to be great First Graders.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4