How many rockets required???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
"Our discipline and disrespect for the ball nearly cost us a two vital points today," Orford said. "It is probably the rocket we needed."

I'd have thought the diabolical efforts against the tigers and Rabbits were sufficient as a "rocket"?

Time for Orford and company to realise there is no magic switch and they've not done the work for the last 10 months to be a competitor this year.

Over a season there are the usual ebbs and flows - it is pretty hard to be up every week and certainly most teams go through a slump or two. It is very hard to lift yourself against teams that you expect to beat comfortably and when there are circumstances like 12 men it exacerbates this. Next week will be the true test.

Given our shocking start and the loss of Snake, if someone had have said to me in Week 10 that we would be fifth on the ladder in Week 25 I would have taken it.

I also reflect on comments a close friend of mine has made over a number of years regarding St George Illawarra. He is part of their management and talked about their pattern over a number of years. His comment was that with bad starts they had to play too well over the latter part of the season, just to make the finals and therefore did not have the ability to lift another gear in the semis.

That could certainly not be said about Manly playing too well.

Comps are won over the last four weeks and it is a new game come September. Maybe we can lift (as we have done so in the last two seasons) though nothing in the last month gives me confidence to hold that hope.

Rockets strapped to the back of the Dwarf and fired would suit me.  Last seen circling Mars. 

At what point of the game did the 'Rocket' actually take effect matt? I'm guessing the 79th minute when Farrah was lucky enough to ride another contentious penalty set and produce a try.

Seriously. You get away with a win that you should never have had? A rocket is losing to the wooden spoon team who only have 12 men for 60mins. The best thing that could have happened yesterday is you lose and cop a whole load of **** in the media for a week, fans go spastic on forums and the players feel inadequite and useless. Everyone writes you off and Des goes ape **** trashing the locker rooms because $4M worth of money is producing lazy horse **** football.

Thats a ****ing rocket you little gnome. Escaping total embarasment is relief.

on a side note, if i was 6 foot 5, 115kg and paid $300K a year id run full pace into brick walls if thats what they wanted me to do. Grow a set and bloody aim up. The forwards this season have just been rubbish.

ps. keep showing them the way Georgy, bloody champ.

I reckon we only played two direct sets all day, where our forwards just bloddy well tried to bang it up the middle and get yardage.  The remainder of our effort with the ball was to invent new ways of playing dropsies (won by Matai) and crabbing sideways as though it was the post-match function and Phil Deans was on the sideline scoffing the sandwiches.

If they counted run metres in any direction they all would have topped 300. Too bad it didn't get us real field position. Where is this crap coming from?

How good would we be going if big George could play 80 minutes. I'd have him in the starting line up, he's the only front rower putting in.

ManlyBacker link said:
And yes, the effort has been offensive - to fans.

Too right I was there probably like many of you, and Mata's phrase of "lazy sloppy rubbish" kept going through my head all afternoon haha!

Still stranger things have happened come finals series but momentum we ain't got and that will prob kill us first week of semis  :'(  we sure are missing the Beaver

brookiegreg link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=181525.msg239203#msg239203 date=1251694583]
And yes, the effort has been offensive - to fans.

Too right I was there probably like many of you, and Mata's phrase of "lazy sloppy rubbish" kept going through my head all afternoon haha!

[/quote]  Poor Dan has to put up with me sending him an SMS to that effect every game.  He in turn sends one back to tell me how terrible Matai is and how his dropping is inevitable.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6