How low are you willing to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I know we've been through some rubbish before but, apart from the Northern Eagles which I chose to ignore, I can't recall much worse than this.
Sure we've had years of front office probs and infighting but none of that has previously effected the onfield performances. Suddenly we're looking like serious spoon contenders. Eek!
I suspect the massive injury toll has much to do with the results but wowser are we having mud slung at us: everything from offers to sell, to DCE and Tapau leaving to Baz walking out - everyone but Cartwright it seems!
And then there's the cheating, the appeals, hands tied, yada yada.
It all made me wonder how low I'd be happy to go and what would I want the resurrection to look like.
Here goes.
I could go to second last.
I could live without Tapau and DCE because, while I think both are brilliant, both are very much branded individuals more so than team guys like the Turbos.
I'd be willing to stick with Baz if I had some idea of what team he actually wanted and how he wanted them to play. In the third year of his rookie season (from now on to be permanently known as The Rookie from Brookie), I still have no clue.
I'd be happy to get through our salary cap penalty if we could just start from a low base, like the Knights and Tigers have, and play as a champion team rather than the cliched team of champions. A Manly team. I really enjoyed the gradual rise of the Des team - a little better each year til 40-0 baby!
And as long as we keep up our record of a premiership every decade since the seventies, I'll be happy.

Just late night thoughts. Anyone else?

Can we go any lower? Perhaps a wooden spoon would be the possible cherry on top.

I would rather lose Cherry-Evans than tapau In fact I think Manly should sell DCE to the highest bidder as he is not worth the money we are paying him

I consider myself to be as strong as any Parra supporter and they’ve had no joy in over 30 years so I’m here until the end. Honestly, I was very pleased today to hear the Penns reaffirm their commitment to the longevity of our club but Im also really pissed off with how they’ve allowed our club to become the laughing stock of the NRL (and I’m not even talking about our on field performances). I maybe old fashioned but I’ve always believed that if you love something then you look after it properly.

Would be happy to lose the entire team and start completely fresh rather then the spoon.

Dce is going nowhere and who could afford him . We'd have to pay half his contract then get another half , still up around the mil. How low would i go , im thinking about chaining myself to Greenbergs front ****ing door and demanding how the roosters are under the cap.

I know we've been through some rubbish before but, apart from the Northern Eagles which I chose to ignore, I can't recall much worse than this.
Sure we've had years of front office probs and infighting but none of that has previously effected the onfield performances. Suddenly we're looking like serious spoon contenders. Eek!
I suspect the massive injury toll has much to do with the results but wowser are we having mud slung at us: everything from offers to sell, to DCE and Tapau leaving to Baz walking out - everyone but Cartwright it seems!
And then there's the cheating, the appeals, hands tied, yada yada.
It all made me wonder how low I'd be happy to go and what would I want the resurrection to look like.
Here goes.
I could go to second last.
I could live without Tapau and DCE because, while I think both are brilliant, both are very much branded individuals more so than team guys like the Turbos.
I'd be willing to stick with Baz if I had some idea of what team he actually wanted and how he wanted them to play. In the third year of his rookie season (from now on to be permanently known as The Rookie from Brookie), I still have no clue.
I'd be happy to get through our salary cap penalty if we could just start from a low base, like the Knights and Tigers have, and play as a champion team rather than the cliched team of champions. A Manly team. I really enjoyed the gradual rise of the Des team - a little better each year til 40-0 baby!
And as long as we keep up our record of a premiership every decade since the seventies, I'll be happy.

Just late night thoughts. Anyone else?
All the way down and back to the top again,i allways bleed maroon and white,sometimes i need a transfusion.

Dce is going nowhere and who could afford him . We'd have to pay half his contract then get another half , still up around the mil. How low would i go , im thinking about chaining myself to Greenbergs front ****ing door and demanding how the roosters are under the cap.
Geez @brad , At one stage I didn't know where your comments were leading to. I kind of stopped myself reading to the point of you chaining yourself to greenbergs front fuc^king door... i assumed you were willing to go extremely low. Chin up brother. Things aren't that bad.

Season 1999 is the benchmark for low points when we lost our first 7 games. It is not all doom and gloom, the last two performances have shown improvement and hopefully, that will continue. It comes down to old-fashioned hard work and picking the best players available. The team is carrying the weight of the world on its shoulders and a lot of it is down to our own mismanagement as a club of the recruitment and management of the cap. We have seen a record turn over of players and now we are hamstrung by injuries to vital players, I believe the solution is to promote young players and take a risk in blooding them rather than tried and tested has-beens which are holding back the side. The longer this goes, the more inevitable this is likely to happen!!

Like the captain and the musicians on the Titanic I won't abandon this sinking ship. The Titanic had an iceberg. Manly has a Greenberg but we won't let him sink us.
Manly forever. Good times and bad.
Classic !!!! LOL

If it was supporting your district (or your former district) or maintaining loyalty to a club you're historically attached to, or that represents things you like in the game, I suspect there is no end to where any of us would go.

It does become a tad problematic though when the modern NRL is herding all Sydney fans into arenas away from our district

Also that we get franchises that are not a 'club' in any sense.

And players that have no connection to the district (and who change from team to team, sometimes even in the same season)

Also a 'culture' that is no longer about a tough working class sport, but rather, focussed on TV product and the bottom line.

So all we have left to cheer for is winning.

At least the NRL business model is to keep all teams competitive so their fans keep spending. This alone means we shouldn’t be doomed to long droughts such as those endured by fans of clubs like the Sharks, Souths, Eels, Bears (lol)

If it was supporting your district (or your former district) or maintaining loyalty to a club you're historically attached to, or that represents things you like in the game, I suspect there is no end to where any of us would go.

It does become a tad problematic though when the modern NRL is herding all Sydney fans into arenas away from our district

Also that we get franchises that are not a 'club' in any sense.

And players that have no connection to the district (and who change from team to team, sometimes even in the same season)

Also a 'culture' that is no longer about a tough working class sport, but rather, focussed on TV product and the bottom line.

So all we have left to cheer for is winning.

At least the NRL business model is to keep all teams competitive so their fans keep spending. This alone means we shouldn’t be doomed to long droughts such as those endured by fans of clubs like the Sharks, Souths, Eels, Bears (lol)
I must say @SeaEagleRock8 , You are a very articulate writer .

The battle for the spoon against Souths at north Sydney oval in about 2005 will go down as one of the most enjoyable games I’ve ever attended
Seriously ? I cant remember that game . Why was it one of your most enjoyable game ?

The thing is once we beat the Broncos this weekend the whole thing will swing around and another club will come under pressure and im doubting we will lose Taupau as have Brown,Myles,Hastings and a few others coming off the salary cap

Just how low are we willing to go feathered friends ???
Inspirational quote of the day ....
Take it away Winston !
Motivational-Winston-Churchill-Quotes.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4