How long until the Turbos Jump Ship?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BK13

Reserve Grader
Watching that......I have no words for ..............yesterday, how long until Jake and Tom jump ship? Jake as usual tackled himself to a standstill, and along with Tom seemed to be the only 2 people really hurting.

Tom made a couple of plays where he is running past others to make tackles....make something happen.

My biggest concern from yesterday was that it showed Jake and Tom just wont put up with this kind of rubbish forever. Sure I think they will battle and battle.....but at some point they will go 'this is just not worth it'.

Watching that......I have no words for ..............yesterday, how long until Jake and Tom jump ship? Jake as usual tackled himself to a standstill, and along with Tom seemed to be the only 2 people really hurting.

Tom made a couple of plays where he is running past others to make tackles....make something happen.

My biggest concern from yesterday was that it showed Jake and Tom just wont put up with this kind of rubbish forever. Sure I think they will battle and battle.....but at some point they will go 'this is just not worth it'.
I actually was thinking the same thing. The key with this is to get rid of Barrett before they both come off contract or are near coming off contract. That way, Barrett can't take them with him. Although, to be honest, who would give Barrett a job with the way he has managed Manly. I would think he has until Rd 10 next year and if we are not entrenched in the 8 by that stage, something has to give.

Don’t judge others by your own standards of (lack of) resilience. They are contracted, they are committed, and they will use these tough times much as the likes of King & Watmough did 15 years ago.

Given everything these two blokes have shown off and on field, their professed love of the club, their willingness to be involved with their junior club and the local community - Do you think they are the type to jump ship when the going gets tough? No - They'll be here for a long time to come.

Don’t judge others by your own standards of (lack of) resilience. They are contracted, they are committed, and they will use these tough times much as the likes of King & Watmough did 15 years ago.

That's a bit harsh saying my own standard of a lack of resilience?

If this continues for 1 year.....do they put up with it? Sure, most likely. But if this continues for a long sustained period, say 3 years time we haven't shown improvement, do you honestly not think they consider their options?

Given the level of their commitment, I'd imagine they're in it for the long haul.
I do think though that everyone is focused on the smaller stuff: coach, CEO, individual players, fitness staff, etc.
THE PROBLEM IS THE PENNS.
I truly believe they'll destroy this club.

The Turbos bleed maroon and white!! They will be at the heart of our next big team . The adversity they are going through now will make them better players!! We need our owners to step up their game and make sure the place is professional and happy again! !

On the flip side - with champion players like these boys who bleed Manly ....I see a mentally of determination to turn the club around in its darkest hours, back to the powerhouse they grew up supporting as kids.
Manly will come back, always have in the past and will again and these boys will be integral in the rise to prominence.

The T's are lucky they are rep quality players by talent alone.
I still believe Tom ,especially, has a lot more to give with the right guidance.

If my son was borderline rep material, Barrett and Co would be the last people I would be looking at to develop him further to gain rep honors.

In fact, if we want to be brutally honest with each other, Tom has regressed badly this year. That is indisputable imo.

I'm sure this will somehow be anyone other than Barretts fault though.

I'd be making Jake captain next year - the guy bleeds Manly, gives his all every week. I don't see the same from DCE unfortunately.

In fact, if we want to be brutally honest with each other, Tom has regressed badly this year. That is indisputable imo.

I'm sure this will somehow be anyone other than Barretts fault though.

He was close to the best player in the SOO series. Just goes to show how much talent he has.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8