How long have YOU been a Manly supporter!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Just wondering if the posters here have always been Manly supporters or ex-norths supporters who saw the light when things went pear shaped for them!

I personally have been a Manly supporter since I was 6 year old! For the last 26 years!

I have been a Manly supporter since as long as I can remember so I guess at least 35 years. My father and Grandfather always bragged that they donated to the club coming home from work every Friday. They use to collect donations at Manly Wharf to help start the club and also bring Wally O'connell to the club as captain/coach. Therefore it was in my blood well before I was born.

Im only 20 but have been a supporter of Manly since I was old enough to know what football was. Dad has always been a manly bloke so I had no choice really, not that its a bad thing. I would have to say I have been supporting them for about 15 years or since I was 5! Kinda lost track of football when we merged with norths and I got quite sick in hospital for 6 months but now were back as Manly the good times are here to stay and I'm as happy as larry!

been a Manly supporter since I was born.
Grew up in Bennet Street Harbord supported them since i was old enough to support a team about 20 odd years now

I became a Manly supporter when as a 7 yr old my dad started feeling sorry for Manly getting smashed in the semis every year by Souths, even though he was a Newtown supporter. In 71 my grandfather moved to Harbord and moved to be a Manly supporter to the SCG. A young bloke called Bobby Fulton was my hero and I can still remember him at the SCG in the semis when I was young enough to go in the members stand. (Last time ever!) I rejoiced for weeks in 72/73 and have breathed/eaten etc Manly ever since except in the dark years in the Beagles disaster when I didn't go to a game (except for Free tickets at Parra Stadium! All in all 36 yrs of many highs and a few lows (mostly recently).

1972 easts/manly grand final.oh for those days again.no-one messed with us inthose days.i was having a beer with igor at the cowboys game. he said he was terrified in his first final.if he was terrified thats enough for me.greatest ever eagle in my books.

i think the game has changed because of social ettiquite changes. IMO I think the game changes are terrible. I loved to see the occassional biff on the ground. I loved seeing a game slogged out with the 5 metre rule. It just seems to cash focussed these days and isnt as good to watch, but I will always go to brookie to see the boys play

couldnt agree more about the 5 metre rule.it created players like beetson.that ashton simms is a beetson clone.would be best in the game with 5 metre rule.instead he comes off the bench.what about that pass against sharks.

i would love to see a couple of games a season where they play "Old School" rules

I reckon that would bring the crowds back

Perhaps pre season games could use those rules to help build match fitness a little quicker other than waiting until round 26 for king to find some guts!

I've said it before, and will admit again, that I used to be a passionate Bears supporter BEFORE the Northern Eagles sham.

Now I am a Sea Eagles fan. I admit it hasn't been the best ride for me since I started following The Eagles, as they haven't been very successful, and whenever I post on ME's ,I have to look through rose coloured glasses, and compliment the players even when they aren't performing, or I get hammerred.

That said, I follow The Eagles now wholeheartedly, and this site is very refreshing.

If the Bears come back as the Central Coast Bears (which I hope happens), I would never follow them, as I am totally loyal to The Manly Sea Eagles.

I JUST WISH THEY WOULD BLOODY WELL PERFORM...

I know The Bears never won a premiership, BUT, they always were very competative, and I hope Manly become that way too very soon. :lol:

i would love to see the bears back in it but would want them back as the North sydney bears. I never followed them but use to love watchng the clashes between them. And now living just down the road from the north sydney oval would love to be able to walk down and see them when the Eagles arent playing at home.

That's just it mate....They almost complimented each other two. There's no way Manly wanted to let Norths get the upper hand, so it out did them (unfortunately) MOST OF THE TIME.

That said - now, I would love Manly to smash them!

I've said it before, and will admit again, that I used to be a passionate Bears supporter BEFORE the Northern Eagles sham.

Now I am a Sea Eagles fan. I admit it hasn't been the best ride for me since I started following The Eagles, as they haven't been very successful, and whenever I post on ME's ,I have to look through rose coloured glasses, and compliment the players even when they aren't performing, or I get hammerred.

That said, I follow The Eagles now wholeheartedly, and this site is very refreshing.

If the Bears come back as the Central Coast Bears (which I hope happens), I would never follow them, as I am totally loyal to The Manly Sea Eagles.

I JUST WISH THEY WOULD BLOODY WELL PERFORM...

I know The Bears never won a premiership, BUT, they always were very competative, and I hope Manly become that way too very soon. :lol:

I admire your honesty and i'm glad you saw the light. You may notice that even though we are struggling "BIG TIME" we still have a very healthy supporter base!

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT ALL FACETS OF THE CLUB SHOULD APPRECIATE! </span>
Which I would hope they do!

I admire your honesty and i'm glad you saw the light. You may notice that even though we are struggling \"BIG TIME\" we still have a very healthy supporter base!

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT ALL FACETS OF THE CLUB SHOULD APPRECIATE! </span>
Which I would hope they do!

Go byso Go. I definately admire his honesty its not easy having the bears as background im sure :)

Thanks guys...Put it this way Byso....The smallest Manly crowd was always a lot damn bigger than the bigger Bears crowds...

Goes to say something uh?

I honestyly don't give a tinkers cuss were the supporters start from. As long as there's some logic to any comments!

It's no secret that were not playing well!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4