How long before manly is back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
How long will it take to refind our manly spirit and culture? 2 years? 5 years? 10 or more? We all know that ATM we don't have any culture or spirit. The old manly culture consisted of players putting the club before them selves, putting aside their differences (snake and cherry) to play good footy. Who would have thought 1 player leaving could ruin one clubs whole culture and future. We all had a top 8 finish or better for 2016 and maybe a premiership by 2017 or 2018. ATM we are out of the picture for 2016 and the way we are headed 2017 also. How long will it be before we are back? I've followed manly for a fairly short time compared to a lot of you and I've been very lucky to be watching manly while they've been successful. I don't know much about the northern eagles saga but I know that was pretty much our worst period, how is that compared to our current situation. For me 2017 rests on one massive thing getting DCE a halves partner. At the current point in time we have no halves and even at full strength we have 1. That's not going to get you anything and we have no halves depth either which is very bad. Manly need to realise that no 5/8 means no success. And also who's smart idea was it to sack tooves? He never did anything wrong. Get him back and sign Corey Norman bring back success and our culture you bring back manly. Or even get des back and get tooves as his assistant just please no more Barrett he doesn't pick and stick. Older guys in the forum I have a lot of respect for you and in your opinion how long will it be before I can enjoy watching manly again? How long before manly will be back?

with an "outsider" as coach and the majority of our players from the last 10 years gone by seasons end, at a guess 2 years.
2017 hopefully see's an improvement by 2018 id expect the current contracted crop to be playing like a top 4 side.

Winning games brings that back when your loosing games like we are it looks a lot worse than it really is this could happen in a few weeks if and if the team starts winning. Then if we continue to loose games you wont see it
There is a good team there that can win games it's a matter of getting the same team on the paddock
So how long Turbo ? anyones guess
Could easily start next week with a win against the panthers

@Turbo love your passion but wanting to buy every player on the market (and many who aren't) and to call for the sacking of every player we have along with calling three of our greatest players ever who have shed blood and taken salary cuts for 10 years crap and say get rid of them is not the way to built the culture you so prize.

'Culture" as I have said before can only be gained through shared adversity or shared success. This playing group hasn't yet experienced enough of either. another intregal part of any successful culture is the team stick solid with each other and they never, never ever bag their own.

Start to think of what really is a team culture and apply it to yourself and you may begin to see what is needed.

Umm yeahhhh nahhh Manly has a proud culture and a rich history ummm yeahhhh nahhh of success yeahhh

Yep Couldn't think of a better qualified bloke than character laden good old Corey Norman to get our culture back.

You are right in one sense though Turbot. You haven't experienced being a Manly supporter long enough to realize that 70 years of greatness doesn't get dusted in 2 year of missing finals. Manly has been missing some hardness the last couple of seasons like a few flat years in our history but it isn't gone; its in hibernation. Its never gone.

We are at the end of an era and NRL premierships are hard things to win. 1987 to 1996 was a long time and 1996 to 2008 was even longer.

Forget about having expectations of greatness, we are just one of the battling mob now.

How long will it take to refind our manly spirit and culture? 2 years? 5 years? 10 or more? We all know that ATM we don't have any culture or spirit. The old manly culture consisted of players putting the club before them selves, putting aside their differences (snake and cherry) to play good footy. Who would have thought 1 player leaving could ruin one clubs whole culture and future. We all had a top 8 finish or better for 2016 and maybe a premiership by 2017 or 2018. ATM we are out of the picture for 2016 and the way we are headed 2017 also. How long will it be before we are back? I've followed manly for a fairly short time compared to a lot of you and I've been very lucky to be watching manly while they've been successful. I don't know much about the northern eagles saga but I know that was pretty much our worst period, how is that compared to our current situation. For me 2017 rests on one massive thing getting DCE a halves partner. At the current point in time we have no halves and even at full strength we have 1. That's not going to get you anything and we have no halves depth either which is very bad. Manly need to realise that no 5/8 means no success. And also who's smart idea was it to sack tooves? He never did anything wrong. Get him back and sign Corey Norman bring back success and our culture you bring back manly. Or even get des back and get tooves as his assistant just please no more Barrett he doesn't pick and stick. Older guys in the forum I have a lot of respect for you and in your opinion how long will it be before I can enjoy watching manly again? How long before manly will be back?
Cherry Evans ruined it with his greed. Divided the team when everyone else was taking pay cuts. In fact I think cherrys decision has had a huge impact on the game overall in terms of loyalty and money now everyone talks about how careers are a buisness. Whilst cherry may try his heart out.. He takes up most of our cap knowingly and while this continues.. Will we be able to build the culture of old? Mate for mate or all for one? Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Just hope the turbo brothers don't follow suit. DCE mentality is himself before the team I'm sorry but it's true. Last yr proves that

Cherry Evans ruined it with his greed. Divided the team when everyone else was taking pay cuts. In fact I think cherrys decision has had a huge impact on the game overall in terms of loyalty and money now everyone talks about how careers are a buisness. Whilst cherry may try his heart out.. He takes up most of our cap knowingly and while this continues.. Will we be able to build the culture of old? Mate for mate or all for one? Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Just hope the turbo brothers don't follow suit. DCE mentality is himself before the team I'm sorry but it's true. Last yr proves that

Just like Forme ruined it for his!!

All of the elite players are on a million plus these days, in a few years that will be the average.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6