How is DCE playing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Off topic
I remember one evening Bozo came to our house to pic up some tools, he was dressed in sneakers,trackies, and old tee shirt with a singlet over the top, now that's fashion!
Hang on. He had a singlet over the top of his t shirt! Was it a mesh singlet?

I see DCE as the QLD scapegoat selection. The Dynasty is over. The stars have left the building and they give DCE the captaincy knowing for well it's probably going to end badly.
If QLD win the series everyone will be 'great selection' Kevvie.... but if they end up losing it will be because DCE lost it. They can then install munster next year as a clean skin captain and move on.
Tin hat time.

I don't think that's tin hat at all. They just don't seem to like him and I think he will be set up as the fall guy. I am NSW through and through and hope Jake and Tom kill it, but I wouldn't mind QLD winning it for DCE's sake.

Don't go there mate. When he plays badly he has a list of excuses a mile long. He's a great player, but I think the view of him on here is definitely tainted with Maroon glasses. There are areas of his game that he could improve that's for sure. Still I don't think there are any halves getting around currently that I would swap him for.

I think that DCE is a lot more relaxed on the field now and the responsibility of captaincy has seen him really improve his game. I think that the game plan that Des has is much better that the previous coach and DCE has a five eighth who is taking on more responsibility for the running of the game. What is impressing me is that DCE is managing games much better now and yesterday was an example when we were down a man and he steered the team around and took time out of the game by tactical kicking for the line and during the game a couple of good try assists. He is part of a spine that is rapidly becoming the envy of the league!

[QUOTE="jbb/james, post: 1160084, member: 1706"

After watching this season if one of those players got injured and was out for the season and you could pick, in a preference vote who would you cut. For mine cherry would be in the discusdion for sure .[/QUOTE]

You make a good point. DCE is the only option.

Cherry needs to get control of the qld team of he is the captain.. He was their best in game 1, woulda had atleast 3 more try assists if chambers could pass a ball or his grubber was grounded, but game 2 he seemed to be shut out by hunt... Every single attacking set they had he was clearly calling for the ball for hunt to dummy it to him and do his own thing.. This happened atleast 3 times every set they had.
If qld lose this series dce will be done forever, he can't sit back while hunt tries calling the shots this time..

In the professional era and with interchange it is much harder for any player to stand out and look like a million dollars.

In the old days the skill gap between the average player and the great players was massive, combine poor defensive structures and fatigue and halves really can stand out.

In saying that DCE has only ever been a very good half who should probably be better.

A different way to look at it would be who is ahead of him, consistently, over the past 2 years

Cronk...and who else?

Hard markers around these parts. I've been critical of Cherry myself in the past, but I like the way he's been playing since his injury return. Yes, he's been playing within himself (still think he's nowhere near 100% physically), but he's been guiding the team around without being overly flashy and he's been getting the job done. Two examples yesterday: his quick run (from dummy half) and pass for Siroju's second try, and the pass he laid on for Suli's try in the second half. That's quality play. What more do you want him to do?

Hard markers around these parts. I've been critical of Cherry myself in the past, but I like the way he's been playing since his injury return. Yes, he's been playing within himself (still think he's nowhere near 100% physically), but he's been guiding the team around without being overly flashy and he's been getting the job done. Two examples yesterday: his quick run (from dummy half) and pass for Siroju's second try, and the pass he laid on for Suli's try in the second half. That's quality play. What more do you want him to do?
2 very fine play's that's for sure.

Cherry needs to get control of the qld team of he is the captain.. He was their best in game 1, woulda had atleast 3 more try assists if chambers could pass a ball or his grubber was grounded, but game 2 he seemed to be shut out by hunt... Every single attacking set they had he was clearly calling for the ball for hunt to dummy it to him and do his own thing.. This happened atleast 3 times every set they had.
If qld lose this series dce will be done forever, he can't sit back while hunt tries calling the shots this time..
I feel that hunt is still pissed that he was dropped for DCE last year in game 3. Hunt sees himself as a 7 and wants that jumper back. He's not going to play the good no.9 dce needs.

He goes from quality play to disappointing play too often, still plays too sideways at times and over does the under plays when lacking ideas or just going through the motions.

The short side high risk flat faceballs lacking any thought and are telegraphed, Cade seems to be inspired to do the same which almost resulted in an intercept----it's desperate premeditated play or lacking composure and not cutting your losses and taking the tackle.(such plays work when you work the numbers or have the defensive line on their heels or moving backwards which minimizes the intercept risk)

Great example of this play is the killer pass from Foran against Souths in the later stages of the semi final where Souths trampled all over Manly, beautifully executed but then again the game was over and under no pressure to execute.

Nice scrum play targeting the autopilot rush up to the "usual" telegraphed second man play of the fullback chiming in, no idea why such variations are not used more often in general attacking play, been harping on for years you can use the second man play as a decoy and not the only option.

You can hit a wider player throwing a face ball across the second man play, you can double pump to bring up the outside defence and hit short or long over the top etc etc so many variations are possible.

Defences now are waking up to the lazy under balls and you see players rush up on the inside predicting the play and putting on a big hit-----spotting this trend you can set up a play that takes advantage of rushed up defenders thinking they are reading the lazy under play.

Haven't seen the Cherry Ripe girl in a while, anyone know if she's ok??

Also - DCE is great and it's an honour to have such a talent and wonderful bloke at our club. Next question?
It does seem that a player that is well spoken relative to other players comes across as a better player also just by exhibiting a good grasp of the English language, mind you i do find the more intelligent a player is the better they perform especially in the attention to detail stakes.

But let's not take it too far......

Agree here but Hunt is gone after this series and I think Kevin knows he’s the problem but doesn’t have an alternative. Friend would have been a shoe in at 9 and I’m still not sure we won’t see McCullough in game 3. Hunts origin career is nearly over imo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7