How is DCE playing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
the last few years we have seen him try his arse off no doubt. His own form hampered by a lack of halves, partners, poor coaching, poor go forward, vilified by qld , apparently if you read these forums but not poor form

Right now he goes alright, is a good support player, is a solid defender and can spasmodicly use the best boot in the comp. right now we have every support mechanism a 7 could want, and its fair to say his game doesnt really look like going to the next level. He has been injured so i cut him some slack ,

He certainly hasnt set qld alight, and apart from 5 minutes after halftime yesterday his kicking game was ordinary again. His kicks constantly get charged down, or hit legs instead of space.

I see a lot of similaraties in cherry as kimmorley back in those days. Think about it before you lose your lollies. We have all grown to hate kimmorley but he had a dig and was good at a couple of things and had a way weaker team to work with. He may have even had barretts rival peter sharp

Our big 5
Turbo
Cherry
Jurbo
Marty
Afb

After watching this season if one of those players got injured and was out for the season and you could pick, in a preference vote who would you cut. For mine cherry would be in the discusdion for sure .

Chez is playing with a shoulder injury and still in pain from his right foot (kicking foot) surgery.

He set up 2 tries had 3 offloads in the next 3 tries and was helping Nase out at the same time :wait:

The 2 days of travel from Perth and up to the GC meant he missed out on 2 days of rehab :(

Can't wait for the rep rounds to be over as our 3 players are waning :sweating:

Yep he looks under pressure and playing injured. Once again SOO will impact heavily on certain players. He definitely needs a rest but wont get it at all.

He goes alright.
Better than millions milford
Or
Horrid hunt
Or
Terrible Taylor
Or
Pooch prodder peirce
Or

For me the only player I might swap him for would be.... actually I wouldn't swap him at this point.

That's the funny thing, I don't see DCE as a million dollars player but he's on par or better than most of them ATM.

That's the funny thing, I don't see DCE as a million dollars player but he's on par or better than most of them ATM.
Apart from the hated Cam Smith (I heard a ref call him Cameron on the weekend ) what players out there are worth a million for there performances on the field? Cherry gets his money because he’s the presentable intelligent face of the team. He is someone we can proudly call our captain. He brings kids to the game and sponsors to the door.

Apart from the hated Cam Smith (I heard a ref call him Cameron on the weekend ) what players out there are worth a million for there performances on the field? Cherry gets his money because he’s the presentable intelligent face of the team. He is someone we can proudly call our captain. He brings kids to the game and sponsors to the door.
That's true, but I'm a dinosaur who thinks rugby league is a game you play because you love it and not a professional sport.
Give me grand old days when crusher would collect my garbage bin at 6am and rugby league was played by men who didn't give a **** about hair products and fashion.
I'm still bitter over the SL war and how it changed the game.

That's true, but I'm a dinosaur who thinks rugby league is a game you play because you love it and not a professional sport.
Give me grand old days when crusher would collect my garbage bin at 6am and rugby league was played by men who didn't give a **** about hair products and fashion.
I'm still bitter over the SL war and how it changed the game.

Off topic
I remember one evening Bozo came to our house to pic up some tools, he was dressed in sneakers,trackies, and old tee shirt with a singlet over the top, now that's fashion!

the last few years we have seen him try his arse off no doubt. His own form hampered by a lack of halves, partners, poor coaching, poor go forward, vilified by qld , apparently if you read these forums but not poor form

Right now he goes alright, is a good support player, is a solid defender and can spasmodicly use the best boot in the comp. right now we have every support mechanism a 7 could want, and its fair to say his game doesnt really look like going to the next level. He has been injured so i cut him some slack ,

He certainly hasnt set qld alight, and apart from 5 minutes after halftime yesterday his kicking game was ordinary again. His kicks constantly get charged down, or hit legs instead of space.

I see a lot of similaraties in cherry as kimmorley back in those days. Think about it before you lose your lollies. We have all grown to hate kimmorley but he had a dig and was good at a couple of things and had a way weaker team to work with. He may have even had barretts rival peter sharp

Our big 5
Turbo
Cherry
Jurbo
Marty
Afb

After watching this season if one of those players got injured and was out for the season and you could pick, in a preference vote who would you cut. For mine cherry would be in the discusdion for sure .
Kimmorley was not & is not the player DCE is & will be. Without him we would NOT be where we are on the ladder! He’s our leader & with the ankle injury he sustained, from which he came back too early & the games he’s had to play in such a short time since has not given his injuries the right amount of time to heal! I wouldn’t swap him for any other half in this competition......just sayin.

Our big 5
Turbo
Cherry
Jurbo
Marty
Afb

He missed 5 games we won 2 lost 3
Tom missed 8 games we win 4 and lost 4

Based on that I would say we rely on daly’s Kicking game and organisation in attack.

Daly plays we beat Penrith and Brisbane. That first half at Suncorp we had so much good possession and eldgy couldn’t convert it to points.

I think outside of Mitch Pearce no halfback is setting the game alight at the moment mate

You can see he is down on energy. He has been carrying injuries and the weight of QLD I am sure is weighing on him.

He is still delivering for us and is certainly giving his best. We are equal 5th on the ladder so it's not like were struggling.

To be honest I'd rest him after SOO3.

We have Cust, Crocker and LG so plenty of cover.

The long term benefit of resting and mabye dropping the Souffs game would be worth it.

A fit DCE is damaging.

Same for the turbos, we have Elliot and Waddell.

We are threatening the top of the table and he’s had three different five eight partners.I’m not sure what games people are watching. He was in second gear yesterday and easily accounted for the Titans.

As for resting him anyone who thinks we can risk dropping a game now should think again. You don’t win the NRL comp from outside the top four. Resting your best player and leader in Rd17 ! Won’t happen

I see DCE as the QLD scapegoat selection. The Dynasty is over. The stars have left the building and they give DCE the captaincy knowing for well it's probably going to end badly.
If QLD win the series everyone will be 'great selection' Kevvie.... but if they end up losing it will be because DCE lost it. They can then install munster next year as a clean skin captain and move on.
Tin hat time.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8