How I’ll whip NRL into shape: Peter Beattie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Plus they would just go buy a car for cash or use it for holidays or its their betting play money etc etc

Unless it goes into an account to create a papertrail, its a case of the ATO (or anyone) being able to prove the payment.
ATO's system logs all registrations, duties, fees related to tangible assets (computerized since 1992)

Then they wait 7 years to let the compound interest on first year's penalty build up, then they audit or wait till your probate :devil:

#DeathAndTaxes

ATO's system logs all registrations, duties, fees related to tangible assets (computerized since 1992)

Then they wait 7 years to let the compound interest on first year's penalty build up, then they audit or wait till your probate :devil:

#DeathAndTaxes

Sorry, not sure what point you're making?

If its around cars bought for cash, then I think the tradies of Australia have far more to worry about than professional footballers.

Pretty easy to justify buying a $70k car for cash when you are declaring an income of, say $400k, as opposed to our tradie friends who declare taxable incomes of under a $100k then buy brand spanking new Hiluxes with all the bells and whistles.....

Anyway, far too easy for players and clubs to hide it from the ATO.

Just ask the Storm players......none were audited and none had to pay anything back.

If its around cars bought for cash, then I think the tradies of Australia have far more to worry about than professional footballers.

Pretty easy to justify buying a $70k car for cash when you are declaring an income of, say $400k, as opposed to our tradie friends who declare taxable incomes of under a $100k then buy brand spanking new Hiluxes with all the bells and whistles.....

Just ask the Storm players......none were audited and none had to pay anything back.
We don't know what the ATO did with the Scumos.

My point was that ultimately the tax dodger does pay the ATO

We don't know what the ATO did with the Scumos.

My point was that ultimately the tax dodger does pay the ATO

Sorry mate, but 100% disagree.

Accountants are filthy rich for a reason - they are very good at dodging tax.

Kerry Packer had an effective tax rate well under 10%.

The ATO spend their time crucifying the small guy (usually) while the real tax dodgers get away with it. I see it all the time in my job.

Anyway, off topic so I'll zip it.

Sorry mate, but 100% disagree.

Accountants are filthy rich for a reason - they are very good at dodging tax.

Kerry Packer had an effective tax rate well under 10%.

The ATO spend their time crucifying the small guy (usually) while the real tax dodgers get away with it. I see it all the time in my job.

Anyway, off topic so I'll zip it.
Zip it good

He sure "fixed" the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony.

The bloke is a goose just like John Grant was.

The absolute best thing he could do is kill off the commission.
That twit couldnt whip cream
Talk about a smiling sniggering brainless halfwit when u look at the state of the NRL and the likes of Greenturd ,Grant etc you shouldn’t be surprised that they would go just a few rungs lower and pick someone totally unsuited to the role like Beatie.
The guys and girls from Nova could do a better job no doubt.I mean seriously of all the people why pick him when you had real league administrators in people like John Quayle .
Again i think Greenberg has been up to his black beady eyes in picking Beattie he wouldnt want anyone beyond crayons and pull ups having any authority over him and all his filthy underhanded dealings
All he has to do is assemble the “journalists” wheel out that grinning moron, wipe his chin , change his nappy and give him a tickle so that he can laugh of Greenbergs latest administrative bungle/atrocity/coverup/rort/unfair accusation/corrupt action /insert whateverelse
Makes me sick especially when i think about how we have been totally fxxx over by those corrupt sweep it under the carpet c@&&

Tradies like me don't buy Hiluxes with cash, we lease them & claim back the GST, then either pay the balloon out after 5 years or hand back and get another lease

Tradies like me don't buy Hiluxes with cash, we lease them & claim back the GST, then either pay the balloon out after 5 years or hand back and get another lease

Happy for you mate. I know tradies that stockpile money from cash jobs and use it for holidays, towards vehicles etc.

Was not saying all tradies do it, so apologies if it came across that way.

Happy for you mate. I know tradies that stockpile money from cash jobs and use it for holidays, towards vehicles etc.

Was not saying all tradies do it, so apologies if it came across that way.
No worries, just stop giving hints away to the ATO. There are plenty of rich footballers over at the Rorters they could check out and leave us tradies alone

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6