How far will we go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How far will Manly go in the Finals?

• Total voters
If we beat Penrith we play loser of Roosters v Broncos ?? Is that how it works. If that's the case I think we can beat either of those on our day (already proven that twice against Chooks). However we need another dominant performance this week to convince me that we are on and can go deep.

If we beat Penrith we play loser of Roosters v Broncos ?? Is that how it works. If that's the case I think we can beat either of those on our day (already proven that twice against Chooks). However we need another dominant performance this week to convince me that we are on and can go deep.

In the age of the internet, google and not to mention a thread on this forum with clear graphics..................how are people still getting this wrong?

It really is so bloody random the NRL. I could just as easily see us losing to Penrith as I could see us making the preliminary final! 4 games is too many to win at this time of year and we have already won one. I'll happily take a win over the cats and go from there.

I put Grand Final because well, that's what we're bloody well there to do. Make and win the Grand Final.

In reality though....we can definitely beat Penrith, but whether we can beat the Chooks or Donkeys remains to be seen. We have beaten Easts twice this year so that is definitely doable. But the last time we beat Brisbane was in Gosford in 2015 when we won 44-10. Since then they've beaten us 30-6 and 24-14, both times were "home" games in Brisbane.

A mate of mine here in Adelaide, a delusional doesn't-matta fan, reckons we'll be out in week 1.

As I said to him though. We play the same team who we smashed 28-12 on Saturday while his mob, who barely beat a Souffs side who didn't even have a decent playmaker, have to play the Drizzle in Melbourne.

Which of the two is most likely to lose? Hint, I doubt its us hehe.

Semis or prelims.
Would need massive luck to go further.
Penrith won't be easy especially if Edwards is back. They looked a lot better once Whare was moved to centres and I don't think we scored after that?
Moylan shouldn't be a distraction this week as he has already been ruled out. Last week was a bit of will he/won't he play.
Whilst Manly were excellent I haven't seen us put two performances like that back to back at all this season.
We know it wasnt a fluke as they also did it against Roosters and sharks. I'm hoping Lussick gets off because we do lack agression.
All in all excited for the game. Do we know who the ref is? Or does that announced on Tuesday

Rounds 3 and 4 were pretty good back to back performances

If we go all the way there will be some serious questions asked about our books given how much of the cap was missing this year, and rightfully so.

The Uate and Sirro deals do help that for this year a bit I guess

If we go all the way there will be some serious questions asked about our books given how much of the cap was missing this year, and rightfully so.

The Uate and Sirro deals do help that for this year a bit I guess

That is why I am feeling a bit cautious about how much 'more' we'll have to spend next year after getting Stewart and Matai off the books. We'll be paying full price for Uate and Siro, the Turbo's will get upgrades as per their contracts, DCE will get his money and so on. We might not have the extra $1.5 million or so that some people think we do to go chasing someone and we might be hoping to land someone like Klemmer on a similar deal with the Dogs still paying most of his salary.

The misconception I see from fans most often is the idea that we just need to be "on" and we win the game. Thing is, sometimes that's the equation for the opposition as well. We were "on" last Saturday night and the Panthers were "off"...we win the game.

This Saturday night, we might be "on" but the Panthers could also be "on" and match our aggression, etc. All it can take is a piggyback penalty to put the opposition in our red zone, jag a try and the momentum we carried for 75 minutes last week, is gone.

This is going to be a different Panthers team and they will be bloody hard to beat, even if we do turn up focused and intent. The same goes for every other side in the top 8. We have some game breakers and we can score plenty of points, but I think we are a little raw to be a threat this year.

It would be nice to make it past the first week of the finals because a finals victory is great confidence for this developing team. The somewhat inevitable loss that we are likely to have, will be good experience and motivation for this roster moving into next year.

To paraphrase @bob dylan We will go as far as we deserve to.

Having said that this modern game is such an unholy mixture of ref's, NRL bias, "turning up to play" bounce of the ball and interpretations it is no longer the case that the best team wins.

I have no fukketing idea ... but I will be on the couch in my lucky undies .. rooting until the end!

Having said that this modern game is such an unholy mixture of ref's, NRL bias, "turning up to play" bounce of the ball and interpretations it is no longer the case that the best team wins.

I have no fukketing idea ... but I will be on the couch in my lucky undies .. rooting until the end!

I generally do that with no undies on, but each to his own I guess.

Go doggy style so you can watch the game at the same time.

Also gotto say 80 minutes plus half time is impressive.

I generally do that with no undies on, but each to his own I guess.

Go doggy style so you can watch the game at the same time.

Also gotto say 80 minutes plus half time is impressive.

OK, I see the confusion .. I was using the American rooting .. not the Australian rooting. I have a feeling that these couple of posts will have @yokahontas doubling her calls for a "Yeow!" button.

In the age of the internet, google and not to mention a thread on this forum with clear graphics..................how are people still getting this wrong?
I know what you mean ;)
finals2017-road.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10