Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How dumb are the warriors

ManlyArmy

Did he attract them or the $$$.
I haven't really followed Nathan Browns career but has he taken any club to a grand final?

I don't know I just don't rate the guy.
Right now, winning a grand final should be the last thing on the Warriors mind in the next 12 months.

They need a complete re-build, similar to what has happened at the Knights, because what they are dishing up is absolutely dreadful for a team that has access to a whole country of talent where there are so many gifted athletes missing out in Union.

Yes, Brown might not be a big time coach in the back end of the season, but he has experience in re-building and for all the coaches on the market, he is probably one of the best options available especially considering the current pandemic.

If he can get the re-build right with his own staff, not the crap that the Warriors want for him, then he should do ok.

You get consistent improvement out of them over the next 12-18 months, then that will start to get the ball rolling at the Warriors that will start to lead to more success on the field as well as off it with attracting more local talent as well as a superstar player here and there.

Disco

I know it is fashionable to trash him but I fancy myself as being objective...

Brown was thrown into the top job too young at the Dragons but had them in the finals most years I think. Made mistakes but as I say, it was too soon and he was too young.

Had sone success in the UK and won a title.

The Knights were a complete mess.....a complete and total mess and he had them moving forward.

So far I have him as a pass mark for his coaching career and deserves another shot

Shoe1

Teams go in cycles. Brown coaches them when they are at the bottom of a cycle, and evidently is adept at convincing desperate clubs that his influence helped them off the bottom. I don’t buy it.

Brian Smith made a career of it, and it took years for gullible clubs to wise up.

court83

Basically this means warriors want to put a broom thru the club..
Nathan Brown is the coach you want to do a clean out, then sack him when the rebuild is well and truly underway.
Bennett won a title at dragons off the groundwork Brown laid, and now the knights are looking atleast like a finals team (sometimes)

Waz13

I’m 100% sure I heard brown on MMM last weekend state that he wasn’t interested in the warriors job. He must be a good poker player if the report is true.
He wasn’t when he knew they wanted Payten. Now he is

Cliffymagic

Phil Gould is a good choice. They need some footy brains over there .with a whole country to produce the goods, they have been a joke for a while. Heaven help us if they get it right thou. Could be a very dominant club with the right people.

Nordburg

Basically this means warriors want to put a broom thru the club..
Nathan Brown is the coach you want to do a clean out, then sack him when the rebuild is well and truly underway.
Bennett won a title at dragons off the groundwork Brown laid, and now the knights are looking atleast like a finals team (sometimes)
The clean out was happening Brown or not.The Warriors want to get rid of the Isaac Moses players and they started with Green this week

manlyfan76

Parra Trolls are the best.
Premium Member
If you're looking at re-building a club, and try to attract players, Toovey isn't your guy.

Brown was able to attract decent players to the Knights, and without their injuries at the moment, they'd probably be knocking on the door of the Top 4 right now. He can rebuild a club.
Brown paid overs to get players.

• ✔️
Reactions: Shoe1

ManlyArmy

Brown paid overs to get players.
What struggling club wouldn't have to pay overs?

That's the thing, you're going to have to pay overs to attract players. It is then how you manage the players you've signed to get the best out of them, not only on the field, but off it.

manlyfan76

Premium Member
What struggling club wouldn't have to pay overs?

That's the thing, you're going to have to pay overs to attract players. It is then how you manage the players you've signed to get the best out of them, not only on the field, but off it.
So you agree, it was the cash, not coach.

wedgetail eagle

Fox Sport have a story Blake Green wasn’t happy at the Warriors
imagine that? He wouldn’t be happy in heaven, that bloke.
(No stories about foxes, though.)

ManlyArmy

So you agree, it was the cash, not coach.
Never said it's 100% the cash. There's still an element of what the club can offer outside of money.

Look at the David Fifita situation. If it was all about the cash, he would've signed with the Titans in a heartbeat, but the Titans still had to fight to get him. This is where Holbrook stepped in and talked about the direction of the club and what he sees and wants from Fifita himself. You still have to be able to sell what your plans are for the club before you sign a star player.

manlyfan76

Premium Member
Never said it's 100% the cash. There's still an element of what the club can offer outside of money.

Look at the David Fifita situation. If it was all about the cash, he would've signed with the Titans in a heartbeat, but the Titans still had to fight to get him. This is where Holbrook stepped in and talked about the direction of the club and what he sees and wants from Fifita himself. You still have to be able to sell what your plans are for the club before you sign a star player.
Brown was able to attract decent players to the Knights,

manlyfan76

Premium Member

David went to school on the GC. Wanted to sign with titans but they would not let him play where he wanted so Brisbane got him. He's going home after holding out for more money.
But yeah it was the new coach talking to him that made the difference.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18