How do we have cap pressure?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Seriously how do we have cap pressure next year?

Marty who is going and been on 800k

Walker going who was prob on around 500k

and now foran if he goes would have been on around 300k

that’s a lot of $$$$

Not to mention DCE will be in the last year of his big contract next year.I suspect some of the younger players will be needing upgrades,but to be fair,other than Olakau’atu and to a lesser extent Schuster,all the others like Koula,BenT etc would only be upgraded based on potential so hardly bank breaking figures

Cap pressure was only spoken about in relation to keeping Foran was it not? If the GC does offer him £750k then that's where the cap pressure would be trying to match that offer.

Not great but a positive, there is a great junior system in place regardless of results and this is the Best system in rugby league besides rorting the cap with golf games and we have a massive play in this including future stars within the next 2 years so personally, I'm happy with our own backyard

Last edited:
If the GC does offer him £750k then that's where the cap pressure would be trying to match that offer.
It seems the supposed two year deal is the most attractive feature of the Titans deal. This is similar to Walker who was on more money than Foran, but was offered a three year contract by the Warriors.

Cap pressure was only spoken about in relation to keeping Foran was it not? If the GC does offer him £750k then that's where the cap pressure would be trying to match that offer.

So about 1.3 million dollars (AUD) then. :giggle:

Cap guy better sharpen that pencil!

Ah w

Ah whats a pound sign here and there between friends on a golf course.

True. Uncle nick says the diff is leather seats v fabric

(I was also more highlighting the discrepancy between the two currencies and not going haha you typed pound and not dollar!!! - I think I over explained that...stoooooooopid caffeine)

I heard $400k per year on a 2 year deal. I’m eating a massive dose of humble pie with Foran, as I was pissed off we signed him. He has been outstanding. But, as a club, Schuster is clearly earmarked as the 5/8, and the club are not prepared to lose him, and I get that. We must have only offered Foz 250-300k, but only 1 year, as I think he wanted to stay. Don’t think the Glitter Strip lifestyle is good for Foz, but I won’t get into that. Anyway, it’s a done deal, and good fortune to him. At least the circumstances of his leaving are different this time.

Despite Foran being on a small contract at Manly,the reported salary cap pressure that Manly were under,will suddenly disappear and won’t hear a word about it again until the next player manager wants to get an upgrade for his client and goes to the media to push their agenda

We have cap pressure .. because like every club we have 30 millenials all wanting to be paid what their mates say they are worth .. not what their talent says their worth.

If a numptey is on $150 and wants $200 .. letting him go is because of "cap" pressure .. whether we have the space or not ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8