How did he escape suspension?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
How much longer before someone gets seriously hurt?

Is that what you would call a tackle?

0,,5609165,00.jpg

The "grapple" tackle is not something new. It is only being worried about now because it has a name. If you've never been grabbed around the head or neck playing league then I don;'t know what league you were playing in.

Rugby League is no longer about being the hardest, the toughest or the bravest. It's now about who can whinge the loudest and longest and best influence the the ref's and the NRL.

Things like the "grapple" tackle and the charge down have been around for ages. now that players and coaches can have a whinge to the media about these things they are brought to the forefront.

The game is now being played by a mob of overpaid sooks.

Hopefully we will win the title this year and I can give the NRL away and go back to just enjoying the local boys bashing the hell out of each other for the pure enjoyment of it.

I never saw Terry Randall, David Gillespie or Les Davidson grab anyone around the head in a tackle and they were 3 of the toughest players ever. They smashed players in legitimate tackles.

I never saw Terry Randall, David Gillespie or Les Davidson grab anyone around the head in a tackle and they were 3 of the toughest players ever. They smashed players in legitimate tackles.

No they just used elbows and forearms instead

I couldn't agree more Clon on past tackling practises by the 'hard' men of the past, hardly clean practises.. The grapple tackle is overrated as a threat. If the NRL wanted to outlaw them, then they should require that only two men can tackle. If there's three or four in the tackle, what part of the body isn't held? And on THAT tackle I thought Faumauina's arm, although swinging, hit the ball and was propelled up on to that idiots head. Anyway he looks like being the sacrificial goat and who cares anyway, he's an arsehole.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4