How Dare You Ricky Stuart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/its-allgood-when-it-comes-to-being-tough-says-stuart-20130725-2qnex.html

Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart may have just upstaged Mitchell Allgood as the man to land the biggest blow against Steve Matai this year, questioning the Manly centre's toughness before their rematch next weekend.

Responding to Matai's comment to Fairfax Media that it would be hard to take revenge against Allgood ''when he only takes the ball up four times a game'', Stuart has fired a shot of his own claiming, ''Sometimes people act tough, sometimes people are tough''.
Stuart is under no illusion as to which category he believes Allgood falls under, but the comment aimed at Matai is sure to rile the Kiwi international who was left red-faced after copping a flurry of punches from the Parramatta prop at Brookvale Oval back in round 17. ''I didn't blow up about it to Mitch,'' Stuart said.

''Sometimes people act tough, sometimes people are tough - you make that decision.''
Allgood, who averages nine runs a game this season, will make his return against Canterbury on Friday night after being suspended for two weeks for his fight with Matai.
Stuart has offered a solution to Matai's problem of a lack of opportunity for revenge.

''I'll play [Allgood] in the centres,'' Stuart said. ''As I said, sometimes people act tough, sometimes people are tough. I know which one Mitch is - he's tough.''
Matai fronted the media at the club's Narrabeen headquarters on Thursday, but wasn't as forthcoming expressing his feelings towards the man who stood up to him three weeks ago.

''The best way to get them back is on the scoreboard,'' Matai said. ''I just like to tackle hard and if he runs my way I will tackle him hard.''
Stuart said it was pivotal Allgood returns to the paddock and makes noise for his football ability. ''It's going to be important on how he comes back and plays, that's how he'll be judged,'' Stuart said. ''We all saw what happened. We're all very happy to have Mitch in our team, put it that way.
''There's aggression you need and there's aggression you don't. At the moment Mitch has both. He's a young boy. He'll learn to control it. I understand the situation he got put in with Matai.''
Meanwhile, Chris Sandow will play his first game for Wentworthville this season on Sunday, against North Sydney.

The $550,000-a-season playmaker was dropped to reserve grade a fortnight ago but a leg injury has prevented the former South Sydney No. 7 from a stint playing park football for the second time in as many seasons.
Stuart said the halfback would play in the NSW Cup this weekend, but said his expectations of Sandow would remain ''confidential''.
''I took him to Canberra last week because he still had a bad leg and was with the rehab group,'' he said. ''He'll play this week. What I want from him is something I have to keep in-house. It's confidential between coach and player. ''

Asked whether Sandow still had a future at the club, Stuart said: ''There's speculation here every day of the week. It's whether you want to believe the speculation or in the plan going forward. Chrissy has got another two years here.''
Parramatta-bound Corey Norman, who is expected to partner Sandow in the halves next season, has been dropped to the Queensland Cup by Broncos coach Anthony Griffin. However Stuart insists it is no cause for concern.
''He made a very tough decision early in the season in wanting to join the Eels. From just being able to make that decision he's got courage. He'll handle the situation now,'' Stuart said.

Lord Eagleton said:
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/its-allgood-when-it-comes-to-being-tough-says-stuart-20130725-2qnex.html
''I'll play [Allgood] in the centres,'' Stuart said.

please do ricky

castle eagle said:
Lord Eagleton said:
''I'll play [Allgood] in the centres,'' Stuart said.

please do ricky

What an idiot of a coach - why would he even make a comment like that, he has too much uncontrolled emotion to be effective.

Cheap shots happen in most games, it is a non issue. I find Parramatta receiving their second spoon in a row, and Stuarts inability to coach to be far more entertaining. Either way I hope Manly belts the crap out of the eels again on the score board.

.....However, Matai, considered one of the toughest players in the game, won't be taking a backward step, a ploy Allgood has welcomed by claiming ''it should be a good game then''. While Matai is giving up 17 kilograms and 12 centimetres to the Parramatta prop

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/matai-says-revenge-is-just-lip-service-20130724-2qjnv.html#ixzz2a612MK7W
---------------------------------------
Prop running away from a Centre, real tough :dodgy:

Stuart's facile view of the re-match is reflected by his Team's performance each week :mad:

However, tonight against the Dogs, I hope that Allgood releases the pressure valve in spades :p

Stuart is just trying to back up his player, who was the butt of one of the best jokes of the season by Matai. It was widely publicised and would have had fans and players from many clubs laughing out loud, probably even Allgood's own teammates.

Allgood would have been a tad humiliated by Stevie's joke. I guess Stuart is just trying to help his man but it probably didn't work very well (like many of Ricky's tactics).

COMMANDER said:
What sort of a coach gets involved in a pissing contest.

Exactly Commander.

Usually it's players against players, and
Coaches against coaches......... (NOTE.. No use of an apostrophe here)

Coaches can bag other clubs but rarely individualize players!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Stuart is just trying to back up his player, who was the butt of one of the best jokes of the season by Matai. It was widely publicised and would have had fans and players from many clubs laughing out loud, probably even Allgood's own teammates.

Allgood would have been a tad humiliated by Stevie's joke. I guess Stuart is just trying to help his man but it probably didn't work very well (like many of Ricky's tactics).
Yes certainly true. He's just backing him up because he probably feels sorry for him. Nevertheless, he has had a dig at Stevie's 'toughness' (is he serious??). Go suck on a lemon Ricky. Then stick that wooden spoon you will get soon enough in the Parra leagues club's silverware cabinet next to the other wooden spoon. Ahh yes Parra is 'rebuilding'... forever

Kiwi Eagle said:
Don't see to much difference between the comments really, like seeing them coming from both sides

Agree. Some people recognise "tongue in cheek", some don't. The biggest joke is on the journo's.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8