How Can This Be Fair?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
My same thoughts. And Parra are a pathetic losing football team. Manly are winners and should be rewarded as such. And thats only one reason.

From memory..didnt the "glow worm" fans burn their old stadium down ??? They spent a few years using belmore and then they were presented with a brand spanker.

Annersley has been most impressive in his handling of the drugs in sport drama.

Hopefully he is equally wise in seeing the distinction between Greater Sydney which is tremendously well served by rail-lines, and the Northern Beaches, which isn't. Fans from other locations can hop on a train to get to these stadiums he wants to develop. It's a fine strategy to rationalise. And the theory breaks down, and hits a barrier, when the Northern Beaches is examined.

Manly has to get over itself in terms of sharing Brookie Oval. Zorba take note. And Annersley has to see the pragmatic reality of the need for a major Northern Beaches sporting facility.

The TV value of the NRL would significantly diminish without the subscriptions of Northern Beaches viewers, and of the team everyone else wants to hate.

The only thing not fair, is the strength of our roster compared to every other team ! BOOT !

Lets approach government to build a multi purpose stadium at St Ives show-ground or the Wakehurst parkway and try to build a bigger fan base that encompasses the north shore.
The Bears won't be coming back any-time soon and there's potential to pick up junior support from a generation who don't even remember what it's like to have their own team.

There not going to do jack with Brookie, it's not a growth area, no political points to be scored. If (and an ever increasing IF) we had to move house, based on the above article I would think somewhere like Rouse Hill would be good. That place is/has gone off. I was looking at their town plan for the next 10 years, and I reckon Annersley and co would be only to happy to knock up a huge stadium there (if it hasn't already been ticked). And the best part, with the new rail line coming (that's if there isn't a royal commision over the tendering process...:s)anyways, there'd be no need for the folk from the northern beaches to cross the spit bridge!

AshfieldBazza said:
Why do people think Abbott is going to be different to any other politican and keep his promise and fund an upgrade to Brookie?

At least we got a promise from Abbott, every other politician flatly said "no".

Andrew.. said:
Lets approach government to build a multi purpose stadium at St Ives show-ground or the Wakehurst parkway and try to build a bigger fan base that encompasses the north shore.
The Bears won't be coming back any-time soon and there's potential to pick up junior support from a generation who don't even remember what it's like to have their own team.

St Ives showground site would be perfect for a 40,000 seat stadium

BOZO said:
There is hope , vote 1 Tony Abbott.

He won't be spending any money on footy stadiums. And if he does it will be the paltry 9mil that he promised which won't be enough to turn brookvale into an A-Grade stadium.

And before people accuse me of being political the fact that the northern beaches are safe liberal seats they will direct funding to other labor marginal seats to win them.

I don't think the libs are going to have to promise much to win at this election. Not to anyone.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2