How are we favourites for this game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Can anyone fathom on current form, why we are listed as favourites for this game?

Centrebet has us just ahead paying $1.73 with Bulldogs on $2.15

Centrebet match odds for this game

Honestly I am shocked at that, we haven't been playing well enough to beat them, particular with our injuries and suspensions and the fact Hasler knows all of our players, their faults and strengths and most of our patters.

As much as I would like to see a win here, I just can't see it happening.

It's going to be a loud and hostile crowd too.

Dan

On paper odds only. (even before teams announced)

The Des v Toovs factor is an important one that doesnt seem to being factored in at all. As you say Des knows everything about all our players. He has a history of tactical coaching with no better example than Bellamy/Storm.

Could be seeing the radar effect at work again ? lol.

I tend to agree with Dan: even if we get our "big guns" back, we just don't have the runs on the board. Apart from rounds one and two, we've been terrible, and I'm sure all the talk about who's going and who's staying is destabilising the playing group - they may be professional footy players but they're also mates, so it's bound to have an effect. They're probably all as depressed and preoccupied as we are:)

Bulldogs are inconsistent just like us.

They smashed the Dragons, struggled against the Titans, beat the Warriors over here (Warriors were diabolical) and scraped home against the Panthers, they were beaten by the Knights and the Rabbits and the Storm (who were also well off their game that day)

So the teams they have beaten are running 6th, 9th, 14th and 15th.

They've lost to 1st, 10th and 12th

I have never, and will never bet against my team BUT at these odds you'd have to put some money on the Dogs purely from a betting perspective.

I would love to see us win BUT in all honesty we'll be pushing **** up hill to do so!!

Its a close thing, if it blows out to $3.50 I would be real tempted.

Watched a few Dog games this year and apart from the Barba add lib factor, most Teams had them easy.

Just need to Focus on holding the ball this week :)

Manly by 24 :p

Daniel said:
Can anyone fathom on current form, why we are listed as favourites for this game?

Centrebet has us just ahead paying $1.73 with Bulldogs on $2.15

Centrebet match odds for this game

Honestly I am shocked at that, we haven't been playing well enough to beat them, particular with our injuries and suspensions and the fact Hasler knows all of our players, their faults and strengths and most of our patters.

As much as I would like to see a win here, I just can't see it happening.

It's going to be a loud and hostile crowd too.

Dan

Yeah I was scratching my head on this one too

Daniel said:
3 big rusty guns though
The 3 big guns are super stars mate they wont be rusty they will come out and shine on friday night . These 3 big guns will blow the dogs away .

I think its an even money bet if we get all our players back based on form, if we were in form we would be heavy favorites. I think the Dogs will win this and then we all know what will be announced after the game...

It will be all about "attitude"...if we come with the "Penrith attitude" then we'll be in this one up to our short and curly's but if we come with the "Titans attitude", Barba and co will blow us away.

One thing is for sure, the players on both sides will want this win (for obvious reasons)...it's just who turns up on the night!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
It will be all about "attitude"...if we come with the "Penrith attitude" then we'll be in this one up to our short and curly's but of we come with the "Titans attitude", Barba and co will blow us away.

One thing is for sure, the players on both sides will want this win (for obvious reasons)...it's just who turns up on the night!!

You're right mark if one team doesn't show up it will a forfeit.

torana355 said:
I think its an even money bet if we get all our players back based on form, if we were in form we would be heavy favorites. I think the Dogs will win this and then we all know what will be announced after the game...
What is form ?? One week a team wins by 50 and the next they lose by 50 . We are a better team and thats why we are favourites . We are expected to lift to our potential for this game . Who the **** are the dogs ?? What have thay done this year to be afraid of ??? Last year after 7 rounds the dogs were on 10 points on the ladder this year they are on 8 with Hasler . Have confidence in our team . We are the Premiers they are the poodles

I personally don't think the players care about the Hasler saga as much as we think they do.

Daniel said:
I personally don't think the players care about the Hasler saga as much as we think they do.
I thnk the players will want to show des that although he is a good coach he would not have won a title without them . Our players will be pumped up . They have a point to prove to des and his dogs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7