• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
4.36 ya noobs!

I aint sleeping on the couch!

I'm watching boondock saints. awesome movie.

edit: Mooses, that's pretty bad.

I'm hungry!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-forward-justin-horo-gives-hope-to-unwanted-parramatta-eels-players/story-fni3ga7r-1226706078435
Manly forward Justin Horo gives hope to unwanted Parramatta Eels players
PAUL CRAWLEY THE DAILY TELEGRAPH AUGUST 29, 2013 12:00AM

JUSTIN Horo is the light at the end of the tunnel for Parramatta’s unwanted dozen.

Last year Horo was told by the Eels that he didn’t have a future at the club, today he is preparing for his first taste of finals footy with Manly and a spot in the Kiwis’ World Cup is his likely Christmas bonus.

Horo admits he felt for his former teammates last Sunday when they copped a 64-4 hiding from Melbourne, the same side Horo’s Sea Eagles take on this Saturday night at Brookvale in a pre-finals blockbuster.

"I feel sorry for the boys," he said.

"It looks like they are going to get the wooden spoon two years in a row."

But Horo’s advice to the unwanted Eels is this:
Just because one club doesn’t rate you, it doesn’t mean you are finished in this game.

Horo yesterday recalled the moment he was called into Parramatta recruitment manager Peter Nolan’s office and told he wasn’t in coach Ricky Stuart’s plans.

"Ricky made the decision and I think he has made a few toughs decisions again this year," Horo said.

"So I’m sure if those players get an opportunity like myself next year they will try to take it with both hands as well."

Horo admits he felt shattered when walked away from that meeting.

"Obviously I was really down in the dumps when I was told,’ he said.

"I was thinking my footy career might be over.

Justin Horo will be a Sea Eagle until at least 2015.
"I suppose I was desperate.

"I still had about four or five weeks to go in the season so I realised I had to put my best foot forward and start showing clubs my worth.

"It felt like I was auditioning for others clubs. I suppose the players on the outer are doing the same thing at the moment."

While there is every chance Horo’s form this year will end up winning him a spot in the Kiwis’ World Cup squad, at the end of last season the only trip overseas he was planning was to do some travelling with a mate.

"I had a mate that was over in France and he was just playing club footy over there, doing a bit of travelling and enjoying being in his mid 20’s and I think that was the lifestyle I was going to be enjoying over the next couple of years," he said.

"I was going to have to take a different path and I had set myself for that."

But then the offer from Manly arrived a week before pre-season training started.

"I knew that this was going to be my last chance if I didn’t knuckle down," he said.

"It’s not like I wasn’t doing everything right at Parramatta, I just put a bit more urgency into everything I was doing."

And he attributes Manly’s senior players as the inspiration behind his success this year, revealing how they thrive on the hate factor.

"Belief is a massive thing," he explained.

"I’d like to think I’ve been soaking in as much as I can off these senior players.

"I could name names like Gift (Glenn Stewart) and Choc (Watmough) and Kitey and even though he hasn’t played much I have learned a lot from Jason King.

"Just the way they go about training and their preparation but also the mentality they take into a game.

"They have a real focus on a strong team mentality and everyone sticking together.

"At Manly, it is like everyone hates us and I think that has helped my game and made me more aggressive.

"The thing that I needed to work on was my defence and it has definitely helped my game just being here."

Asked if the World Cup was now in his plans, Horo revealed a recent conversation with his old Parra coach Stephen Kearney has boosted his hopes.

"We had a conversation. He just basically congratulated me on my year so far and said if I was to continue my form I would definitely be in his calculations for the end of the year," Horo said.

"That would be unreal but like I said, I am really focussed here at Manly.

"I haven’t played finals footy yet so that is something I am really looking forward to."
----------------------------------------------
Lately, all the photos of the Manly Boys at Training have them happy and laughing - good omen for the ultimate prize in 2013 :angel:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4