Horo. The late mail.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[/quote]
Leaving Parra out because that's where he came from, the only real contenders in that category are the Tigpies and perhaps the Worriers.
[/quote]

Couple of career killer clubs

jabroni said:
Darren said:
Guys, at nearly 30 and more it's a fair question. Sir Alex Ferguson has rolling 1 year contracts at the biggest club in the world as he said the 30's guys cannot consistently play for long periods of time without injury. No use tying big bucks for guys constantly injured or out. That's a fair call looking at the years of knocks Brett, Glenn and Jamie have taken.

This is so off the mark its not funny. If he was signing players on 1 year deals, then he'd be getting absolutely nothing for the club in transfer fees, as the players would be free agents at year end. Makes no sense at all when the fringe players fergie signs make the best 11 in 50% of the epl, let alone other leagues in Europe. He'd be losing half his squad every year. Where's the benefit when man utd has the funds to simply pay out any contracted player they don't want, if for some reason, 50 other clubs weren't lining up to sign them up and pay man utd the transfer fee. Stick to juniors rugby league, cos football is not your forte.

hate to tell you, but he is 100% correct.

He's not talking about players that play week in/week out. Or top, star players like Van Persie and Rooney. He's talking about players like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes etc. Players who are simply never, ever, going to play anywhere else.

And where's the common sense signing players to 4/5 year deals only to have to pay them out? They certainly didn't get to become the biggest club in the world doing stupid things like that.

I'm talking about players over 30 like Rio, Scholes and Giggs. Fergie knows there is no resale value at 30 years of age and hence the single highly paid contracts that work for the club. Anyway, who would leave Man United!! The club until Van Persie wouldn't even sign guys at 28/29. Van Persie was just too good to pass and at 24 million a bargain (Yes, I Know)That's why we will have trouble selling Rooney as he's nearly 29 and on 250k a week. Only the sugar daddies can buy him for their ego.

Back on footy, long term contracts to guys near 30 is a concern. No worries with Foz and DCE as they will be here for another 5-8 years.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6