Horo has a go!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In recent times would have been happy enough if he was axed.....
I recall when he first got a gig at Manly & created havoc in attack on the left edge & tackled with menace - this has since changed to soft running , hands of a blind American wicket keeper & the defence of tickle me Elmo....
but...credit where its due....has played a couple of recent games where I had to triple check on who had made the big contact in a tackle or robust charge with the ball.
Plenty of reasons why he has stepped it up but with all the injuries & lack of fire in the middle previously, Horo has been 1 to really rip in & deserves a chance to be prove he wants to be part of the side again.
Super games by Jake, Symonds & Buhrer in a game there was really no poor performers - if this Horo turns up every week happy to see him in the 17.

In recent times would have been happy enough if he was axed.....
I recall when he first got a gig at Manly & created havoc in attack on the left edge & tackled with menace - this has since changed to soft running , hands of a blind American wicket keeper & the defence of tickle me Elmo....
but...credit where its due....has played a couple of recent games where I had to triple check on who had made the big contact in a tackle or robust charge with the ball.
Plenty of reasons why he has stepped it up but with all the injuries & lack of fire in the middle previously, Horo has been 1 to really rip in & deserves a chance to be prove he wants to be part of the side again.
Super games by Jake, Symonds & Buhrer in a game there was really no poor performers - if this Horo turns up every week happy to see him in the 17.
Horo Orr client. Manly were probably told after the Melbourne game his price is now $600K a year

He's been good this year.

I thought in 2013 he was one of the buys of the season, he was playing really well for most of the year. Then 2014 he certainly didn't have a great one.

But this year he is running hard, tackling hard and creating opportunities. Really can't ask more from your backrowers.

Yes it looks like Horo has been trying his heart out after getting back into firsts. If only the rest of the team could follow his lead then Manly would be doing so much better. Hopefully he can keep his good form going for the rest of he season and it rubs off onto the other guys around him.

didn't he say he wanted to play well for foz? - there's the magic!

But yes, his playing has been better this year.

It's good to see him back in form. :clap:

That brush off that he gave the Trainer, who wanted to take him off last week, spoke volumes about his winning mental state @:)

With the troops coming back, Manly is nicely building the momentum towards October @:cool:

Last edited:
Horo has gone back to the position he was playing in 13. Tooves brought him closer to the center during 14 and it doesn't suit his style.

Funny cause at the end of last year this thread would have been called Horo has to go o_O

He has been good this year, thought the game v melbourne was his best.

It's good to see him back in form. :clap:

That brush off that he gave the Trainer, who wanted to take him off last week, spoke volumes about his winning mental state @:)

With the troops coming back, Manly nicely is building the momentum towards October @:cool:
Gotta say that was kind of refreshing to see him not lay down & take the penalty....
I applauded that action at the time, though also thought theres only a few minutes on the clock - a penalty here we get field position, eat up the clock & possably only have to defend 1 more set with them coming out of the red zone hahah
If ever there was a reason to take advantage of that dog act rule - that was it...as you state - great attitude to show the Storm we dont need to resort to cheap shots - can win it with no favours....& did!!

Yes it looks like Horo has been trying his heart out after getting back into firsts. If only the rest of the team could follow his lead then Manly would be doing so much better. Hopefully he can keep his good form going for the rest of he season and it rubs off onto the other guys around him.
To be fair, the whole team stood up on saturday. The second half defensive effort was epic.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2