Hoppa's 37 days in the desert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What's to admire? Why do people float the 'admire his faith' cliche? Hopoate is a credulous mormon taken in by another group of manipulative hucksters masquerading as a religious 'faith.' One that was set up to allow its male followers to have more than one wife.

Nothing to 'admire' there.
There, that's better

Is this a leapity, leap, leap, leapy leap year? I didn't realise May had 37 days this year. LOL to all the people born on the 1st of June! Suckers!!

Some harsh comments in this thread. Regardless of your personal views on religion, I think the beliefs of others should be respected.
A walk through the insane asylum will prove that faith and belief don't really mean anything.

Last edited:
Faith and belief mean everything. But only to the people that believe in that sort of thing.

Others say it is all make believe, until they are staring their own death in the face. Then they usually decide the matter deserves further investigation.

The bravado of youth and good health leads to many bold claims and defiant statements. However, the realisation of mortality, brought on by old age and or sickness is more than an equaliser for that bravado. The panic of your imminent demise may have you questioning your lifelong beliefs.

Who knows?

If I was a Dishlickers' fan, let alone a player, I would be questioning this bloke's motivation. Why was it ok for him to play on Sundays for Manly, and still do the same with Parramatta post-missionary work, but not now?

Maybe he is smarter than I'm giving him credit for, looking for a way to prolong his career via the prop of his religious beliefs.

However if I was a team mate, I would be looking at this bloke with a jaundiced eye and thinking 'thanks for nothing.'

This will seem a bit random but I was cleaning my fish tank the other day. I have a lot of sea snails because they are asexual. That meaning, they can reproduce on their own.

You know, we hear this a lot that God hand crafted every single thing in the universe, lovingly.

We also hear every day of the week from the religious type that homosexuality is an evil and sinful endeavour of which you will pay the ultimate price; Eternity in hell.

But all this got me to thinking, isnt it strange that the all loving God will banish you to hell for being homosexual but the same merciful power-that-is can lovingly create a creature that can **** itself.

The entirety of religion is hypocrisy at its finest.

Enjoy your time in the desert with the imaginary cloud man William.

This will seem a bit random but I was cleaning my fish tank the other day. I have a lot of sea snails because they are asexual. That meaning, they can reproduce on their own.

You know, we hear this a lot that God hand crafted every single thing in the universe, lovingly.

We also hear every day of the week from the religious type that homosexuality is an evil and sinful endeavour of which you will pay the ultimate price; Eternity in hell.

But all this got me to thinking, isnt it strange that the all loving God will banish you to hell for being homosexual but the same merciful power-that-is can lovingly create a creature that can **** itself.

The entirety of religion is hypocrisy at its finest.

Enjoy your time in the desert with the imaginary cloud man William.

You know what's even more bewildering? The way the same Christian extremists that want to banish homosexuals (even though Jesus went out of his way time and time again to befriend all manner of social outcasts) never scream for an end to bankers and doctors.

Jesus was against money lenders and stated that we are all gods and that when you find the god within yourself, you too can perform miracles and heal. He said we should go forward and heal the sick, but charge nothing for it. Imagine free medical care. lol

The gnostic Christ does not resemble the manufactured Christian Christ, even though they are the same person. I like the true spiritual teachings of Jesus.

IMO, beliefs when not critically challenged are crutches.

Socially, a day of rest makes damned good sense. Two days even better. Having chosen this career, Hoppa could easily choose, say, Tuesday as his day of rest without letting his teammates down. Or is he seriously suggesting his conception of God is inflexibly and compulsively rigid about the word "Sunday" and the number 7?

If Hoppa has a son who needs urgent lifesaving medical treatment, will he choose to let his boy die in agony rather than ask a doctor to save him by working on the Sabbath?

By that standard, if others believe that God is bs, that belief in atheism - and equivalent right to express that belief - needs to be respected too.

You think the standard of respecting the religious beliefs of others is too high?

You think the standard of respecting the religious beliefs of others is too high?
Don't know how you read that into my response MM. Care to read it again?

I said if you require people to respect religious beliefs then that means respecting the religious beliefs of atheists too. Those who believe in God have no greater right to a voice than those who believe the opposite. Do you disagree?

Don't know how you read that into my response MM. Care to read it again?

I said if you require people to respect religious beliefs then that means respecting the religious beliefs of atheists too. Those who believe in God have no greater right to a voice than those who believe the opposite. Do you disagree?

You started with "by that standard", which I read to imply that you thought there was something wrong with the standard I had suggested. Apologies if I read too much into that.

Of course atheists have the right to express their beliefs, but there is a difference between expressing your own beliefs and ridiculing the beliefs of others.

Some posts in this thread fall into the latter category.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4