Hoppa's 37 days in the desert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I admire his faith but I do wonder how the Dogs can let this sort of thing happen...maybe if he was JT or something but if I was Des I would cut my loses and sign someone else that won't upset the rhythm of the team.

Apparently my wife's grandfather got picked to play in an Australian rep team from country rugby league back in the 30 or 40's. He wouldn't play because it was on a Saturday and he was a devout Adventist. Obviously was never picked again.

Everyone to there own, however, I don't get it.

I admire his faith but I do wonder how the Dogs can let this sort of thing happen...maybe if he was JT or something but if I was Des I would cut my loses and sign someone else that won't upset the rhythm of the team.
What's to admire? Why do people float the 'admire his faith' cliche? Hopoate is a credulous moron taken in by another group of manipulative hucksters, masquerading as a religious 'faith.' One that was set up to allow its male followers to have more than one wife.

Nothing to 'admire' there.

Last edited:
Some harsh comments in this thread. Regardless of your personal views on religion, I think the beliefs of others should be respected.

Or as it is in my case, tolerated in silence.

@Terry Zarsoff as the forum's literary consultant, is that the first sentence in history to start with 6 two letter words?

Some harsh comments in this thread. Regardless of your personal views on religion, I think the beliefs of others should be respected.
It's a selective belief as Hoppa has played/will play on Sundays.:cool:

Not bagging his right to hold his beliefs, just his hypocrisy in taking a whole day off when it suits him :mad:

Plenty of occupations Hoppa could pursue that do not have Sunday work.

Don't forget Des is a devout Catholic - you will find he attends church every weekend. He is probably more open to providing flexibility around religious beliefs than most coaches.

Having said that it surprises me that he is letting the tail wag the dog here!

Anyway if it cost the Bulldogs a couple of wins then I am all for it!

Is this not just a case of sporting teams catching up with what is now common in the workplace I.e some flexibility to accomodate talent.
My guess is that hoppa stated it was this way or he would not play at all (or something similar) and has taken some reduction in his pay as well...even accounting for the games he plays.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4