Hoppa News!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am not a religious person but you have to admire someone who is willing to follow their beliefs so strongly

Anyone get the feeling that all the pressure on him to accept one of the contracts being thrust into his face may have pushed him down the path he has chosen? Would've been an awful lot of pressure on his shoulders.

I can't say that I agree with what he's doing but I wish him the best & hope it makes him happy. Wont expect much of him when/if he comes back to the game.

RE: Hoppas New Mission

At least we didn't lose him to another club. Unfortunately it will be probably be a decsion that he will regret in years to come.

2 years away from the game and training may be too much for him to come back anywhere near the level that he is now at.

Hope he won't follow in the exact footsteps as Albert.

Ralphie was right!!

Good luck to him. Obviously the kid isn't the mercenary many were making him out to be.

I look forward to seeing him back in maroon and white in 2 years.

At least we didn't lose him to Parra or the Dogs. If he isn't going to play for Manly this is the best result.

Why would he regret it?

There is a lot more to life than monay and football, if he feels strongly enough about it good luck to him

may i ask why he cant play footy either, will his mission be out of the country ? 24/7 ? war torn countries ?

We can only hope the club will announce he is coming back to join the Sea Eagles after his mormon duties.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro

TBH I don't think he'll last on his mission to many rules that Hoppa Jnrs lifestyle fly's in the face off.

For example :
You can't use the internet apart from emailing your parents.
No TV, No Movies etc.

Copa Eagle said:
may i ask why he cant play footy either, will his mission be out of the country ? 24/7 ? war torn countries ?

I think the mormon's normally go the the states on a pilgrimage to follow the footsteps of Joseph Smith (The Founder of the movement).

This south park episode provides a good summary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gm6JYFdnD8

Copa Eagle said:

Basically, yes

http://www.dearelder.com/index/inc_name/Mormon_Missionaries/

It's a full-time position, not only that, his mission may not be local. He could be placed anywhere in one of the missions around the world

WAMF said:
We can only hope the club will announce he is coming back to join the Sea Eagles after his mormon duties.
twitter

joebarto
Hoppa will also announce this afternoon that he will return to Manly after the 2 year mission on a new deal. #NRL

Maybe they can offer a Summer accelerated assignment, and be back for the winter Manly mission. Plenty of work can be done in the manly area.

it almosts sounds like hes going on the great crusade, just send him to Jeruselum and be done with it !

Berkeley_Eagle said:
WAMF said:
twitter

joebarto
Hoppa will also announce this afternoon that he will return to Manly after the 2 year mission on a new deal. #NRL

Hope Manly are smart about this and sign him on a cheap deal when he returns.

League can change a great deal in 2 years and Hoppa might not be the same player he is now.

Also contact sports are not permitted during the mission

Copa Eagle said:
it almosts sounds like hes going on the great crusade, just send him to Jeruselum and be done with it !

Whilst I am certainly not religious myself and disagree with many of the mainstream religions far be it from me to want to detract from someones beliefs, especially if it serves as a reason for good and happiness in someones life

It will ease the pain somewhat knowing he is heading home after his duties and that those slimy eels and the cap busting bulldogs can get Hoppa out of their minds and off their wish lists for at least another 4-5 yrs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8