Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

Reminds me of Manly. Back when Des took over we paid overs for a few players, nobody wanted a bar of us as we had little money to pay the bills. Des started on building what he wanted and it has paid off, we no longer pay overs.

Good luck Will, you be mad to knock back that sort of money.

I must admit this is a little bit of a surprise as I thought there were enough ties there for us to be able to retain him. Upside is that he has at least let us know now so we can move on and not have 2 years of speculation as to whether he is returning. We can also make the most of our salary cap and forward planning over the next 3-4 years now without having to leave money aside for him in the hope he will return and possibly miss out on some good signings in the interim.

I think it would be fair speculation that his Dad had a bit to do with it, he was a business partner of Tyran Smith, and I'm surmising that Will is their only client. As much as I'm not a big fan of Hoppa Snr you can hardly blame him for chasing the dollar, he has 9 mouths to feed and boxing just ain't going to do it for him. Will would probably do anything to help his family and if that means signing a big deal with Parra which includes having his family looked after for 2 years while he is away then fair enough.

He's a good player and good luck to him, but it's not the end of the world, two years is a long time in rugby league.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
havent bothered to read the other posts but i bet someone else has already said it. Will has no say in his contract negotiations. he does what the ol man tells him
that doesnt surprise me one bit.

Darwin Eel said:
Jerry1 said:
You need to bring up your own players. Buying a bunch of mercenaries won't help you. Look at the bulldogs. On paper a top 4 side but no pride, structure or sense of loyalty and brotherhood.

Good luck to you - you will need it.

Bring up our own players??

1.Hayne - Junior
2.Burt - junior
3.Loko - junior
4. Tonga - junior
5.Sio - junior
6. Roberts - reserve grader bought from NSW cup
7. Sandow - fine, marquee signing
8. Fui - might as well be a junior, unwanted reggies player who reached his true potential with parra
9. M. Keating - junior
10. Mannah - junior
11.Hindmarsh - junior
12. Maitua - player signed up for minimum wage following two year ban
13. Ben Smith - junior
14. Casey McGuire - junior
15. Poore - fine, second marquee signing
16.Allgood - junior
17. Horo/POH/Lasalo/Brien - ALL JUNIORS.

You were saying?

Also, I wasn't here to start an arguement. Just to share what I knew about the details of the signing. I was very diplomatic and polite with what I said. We are all footy fans, no point getting upset at Parra for making a better deal. s**t happens.

Mate, I think you are drawing a rather looooong bow. Burt is from Newcastle, Hindmarsh is from Robertson, Ben Smith is from NSW country and Tonga is from QLD. Judging from your logic we should claim both Stewart brothers, Foran, Cherry Evans, Buhrer etc as juniors...ridiculous!!!

Tyran Smith is the brother-in-law of fellow NRL footballer Anthony Mundine, having married his sister, Kellie.

He is now a Director of Sportsplayer Management alongside John Hopoate.

Kevin Iro and Tawera Nikau also work for the company.

http://www.sportsplayer.com.au/

Funny how there is a connection to that low life dog Mundine and I beg to ask the question what involvement if any did Khoder Nasser play in all of this. These two have form in this sort of stuff happening.

It’s done now I am over it, not for one minute do I believe it’s for the good of the family and put simply it’s just been a mercenary act.

I hope the NRL diligently scrutinise the slimes books.

So from the way I read it all the great Mormon crusade and giving up fame and fortune is just a complete lying sham as this deal must have been done some time back. This pretence of going on his mission and temporarily giving up his career is a pack of lies prepetraded by the names Mundine, Hoppa Snr, Smith and co. are involved comes as no surprise. As a previous poster said I hope Manly once and for all wash their hands of the Hopoate's for good.

OneEyedEagle said:
Tyran Smith is the brother-in-law of fellow NRL footballer Anthony Mundine, having married his sister, Kellie.

He is now a Director of Sportsplayer Management alongside John Hopoate.

Kevin Iro and Tawera Nikau also work for the company.

http://www.sportsplayer.com.au/

Funny how there is a connection to that low life dog Mundine and I beg to ask the question what involvement if any did Khoder Nasser play in all of this. These two have form in this sort of stuff happening.

It’s done now I am over it, not for one minute do I believe it’s for the good of the family and put simply it’s just been a mercenary act.

I hope the NRL diligently scrutinise the slimes books.

Well, well, that says it all! Thanks OEE.

I'm just disgusted at him being two-faced, and in the space of 24 hours. Any integrity he had's gone down the drain and for this reason I'm not sure we'd want him back in the future. Maybe he'll learn one day that money isn't everything.

From TheAustralian today.

"The players also want Hasler to stay. However, mission-bound winger Will Hopoate may return from his Mormon church calling in two years time and find Hasler not at home.

"He'd be a big factor," Hopoate said, when asked if Hasler remaining would sway him to re-sign with Manly"

Obviously not that big a factor then hey Will. Isn't it a sin to lie like this or is this ok in the mormon church.

As long as we have Des and Crusher there will be more talent like hoppa coming through the ranks .

mickqld said:
From TheAustralian today.

"The players also want Hasler to stay. However, mission-bound winger Will Hopoate may return from his Mormon church calling in two years time and find Hasler not at home.

"He'd be a big factor," Hopoate said, when asked if Hasler remaining would sway him to re-sign with Manly"

Obviously not that big a factor then hey Will. Isn't it a sin to lie like this or is this ok in the mormon church.

Not sure who's going to end up in a padded room first Will or the Eels when you have Hopa Snr, Mundine and his crew and religion although called be argued as being a cult pulling the strings and calling the shots.

Don't take what I say as fact, I'm not aiming to mislead anyone. I am only speculating based on information that is freely available for all to see. Maybe I am reading too much into it maybe not.

If you look at Mundine, $BW, Quade Cooper and who else have I left out, it has a similar pattern.

The very little I know about the Mormon church (had to sit through a debate between to close relatives on which was the better religion, 1. A Preacher for the Born again Fishy or 2. A Preacher for the Moron faith. All in the hope of converting me. I sat there for a little over 2hrs baiting them against each other).

The Mormon church has a big say in Will's decision after all a % of his salary has to go to the church otherwise you are shunned.

What other religion bans its congregation from accepting a blood transfusion in a life or death situation.

Yep it is terrible regarding the refusal of medical science in exchange for death. I could go on and on but this is a league forum and we have a championship to celebrate.

Being in Brisbane I'm hoping Hoppa Jnr. knocks on our door - cos he is one of only a few signatures I don't have on my jersey.

1.7m for the 2 Hops, over 4 years (2 / 2 for Will). Well .. It's 3 Hops if you include The Finger.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/will-hopoates-brother-jamil-also-signs-with-parramatta-eels-from-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frfgbo-1226158575370

Dont be suprised if the whole Mormon thing is done and dusted in 6 to 12 months. I reckon it was a smoke screen anyway.

What a shame he really did seem like a nice honest?? kid.

Darwin Eel said:
1.7m for the 2 Hops, over 4 years (2 / 2 for Will). Well .. It's 3 Hops if you include The Finger.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/will-hopoates-brother-jamil-also-signs-with-parramatta-eels-from-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frfgbo-1226158575370

What part of this dont you get??? You are paying 1.65 for Will as his old man and brother arent worth a flog rag. His brother will be lucky to have played a game of first grade by the end of the contract. And I can tell you he is cut from the Hoppa Snr mould so good luck keeping him in check with your history of that LOL. If we did offer him 500,000 im glad he has gone he isnt worth that, not yet anyway. That would have crippled our cap and i would have been happy with Robbo instead. We wont miss these bunch of ungrateful scabs.

conanu said:
Dont be suprised if the whole Mormon thing is done and dusted in 6 to 12 months. I reckon it was a smoke screen anyway.

Darwin Eel said:

What part of this dont you get??? You are paying 1.65 for Will as his old man and brother arent worth a flog rag. His brother will be lucky to have played a game of first grade by the end of the contract. And I can tell you he is cut from the Hoppa Snr mould so good luck keeping him in check with your history of that LOL.

Dude! Chillax! I am here in peace!

I never said they were worth that money, I don't care if they are or aren't. I'm talking about the facts of the situation. I gave this info to you guys from page 1 of this thread before any news outlet had released the story. You actually gave me attitude for giving the details of the payment to the 2 Hop brothers. So I posted this to show you I was spot on with what I told you.

Darwin Eel said:
conanu said:

Darwin Eel said:

What part of this dont you get??? You are paying 1.65 for Will as his old man and brother arent worth a flog rag. His brother will be lucky to have played a game of first grade by the end of the contract. And I can tell you he is cut from the Hoppa Snr mould so good luck keeping him in check with your history of that LOL.

I never said they were worth that money, I don't care if they are or aren't. I'm talking about the facts of the situation. I gave this info to you guys from page 1 of this thread before any news outlet had released the story. You actually gave me attitude for giving the details of the payment to the 2 Hop brothers. So I posted this to show you I was spot on with what I told you.

Fair enough. Its just that it was shoot the Messenger day on here yesterday. Today we are officially over it as we now have 500,000 to spend on Des. cheers

Pay him that much....

We'll just take Loko, Hurrell and Collier for what you just paid for a bloke that's spending 2 years away from league

conanu said:
Darwin Eel said:
conanu said:

Darwin Eel said:

Fair enough. Its just that it was shoot the Messenger day on here yesterday. Today we are officially over it as we now have 500,000 to spend on Des. cheers

Salary Cap doesn't count on coaches :D

Darwin Eel said:

Surely that is a salary cap rort, employing John just to get to his kids. If he wasn't a former player it would be blatantly illegal.

This just shows that this is all John's doing. Cashing in on his sons talents. It's good to see he turned his back on the club that took him back after his disgraceful acts on the field.

Maybe his sons will one day find their way back to Manly though. I'm sure if we're looking for outside backs when Will is off contract next we will have some pulling power in negotiations.

Anyway, we should concentrate on celebrating our win and looking to go back to back.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Salary Cap doesn't count on coaches :D

[/quote]

Nah but 500,000 grand counts in our budget salary cap isnt our problem the money to be able to pay up to it is.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8