Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

Matabele said:
I'm assuming they've signed him because they think they will have made Hayne a #6 by 2014. So they are creating a "spine" of Sandow/Hayne/Hopoate. Personally I don't think it's a great spine anyway, Sandow with his alcohol and gambling problems, Hayne a pampered sook and Hopoate impressionable and likely to clash with Hayne on the field, rather than complement him.

But the main thing for Eels fans is it doesn't matter what spine you have, you can't win when you lumber it with old bloated forwards in the Hindmarsh category and a losing culture.

I'd have Hindmarsh at The Eagles in a heartbeat. I hate the Eels, but respect that one guy.

Hindy's a great player but more importantly a decent and loyal man, possessed of a strong character.

During Hasler's eight years at Manly as coach, Parramatta have had no less than four coaches. Who's to say it won't be five by the time Hoppa arrives in 2014?

Hindy was a great player and I have huge respect for his character but he is worn out after doing the work of three players for so long. You only had to look at the massive drop in his leg speed this year.

I wouldn't take him at Manly at this stage of his career.

Phantar said:
Hindy's a great player but more importantly a decent and loyal man, possessed of a strong character.
Shame that the closest he'll get to lifting the premiership trophy is when he carried it from the chopper last Sunday.

The Who said:
Because, according to the Telecrap, "of his desire to play under coach Steve Kearney". That apparently sealed the deal.

P L E A S E. Parra if you are going to make up lies at least try to make them credible.

There wouldn't be a RL player in the world who would chose to play under Kearney - already a proven failure at Parra - than Des.
Dont underestimate kearney mate , he nearly won Parra the wooden spoon ::p:p:p

RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

Cant blame Hoppa for going for that sort of Money and at least he not going to be there for the next 2 seasons.
All Hoppa your a Manly junior and dont forget it.

Best of luck........

OneEyedEagle said:
Tyran Smith is the brother-in-law of fellow NRL footballer Anthony Mundine, having married his sister, Kellie.

He is now a Director of Sportsplayer Management alongside John Hopoate.

Kevin Iro and Tawera Nikau also work for the company.

http://www.sportsplayer.com.au/

Funny how there is a connection to that low life dog Mundine and I beg to ask the question what involvement if any did Khoder Nasser play in all of this. These two have form in this sort of stuff happening.

It’s done now I am over it, not for one minute do I believe it’s for the good of the family and put simply it’s just been a mercenary act.

I hope the NRL diligently scrutinise the slimes books.

Interesting. We'll know if it has legs should

a) Hoppa start referring to himself in the 3rd person and saying "I'm my own man and need to do what is best for Will Hopoate"
b) He ditches Moronism for Islam
c) Gets a regular mention in Khoder Nassers weekly PR diary, aka Danny Weirdlers column in the Sun Herald.

More fools Parra if they have been played by those self serving clowns.

Hindmarsh is a plodder, and always has been. Flops on players already on the ground and won't pass the ball. Hopeless and forever over-rated. Matabele had it right about the Slime.

Manly made the right decision. Even 500k is overs for hoppa in 2014. the club needs to look at the next 2 years and we probably would have lost a few other guys if we tried to keep hoppa. The eels will have a few hurdles with the cap if they offer John a job. They got burned 10 years ago when they employed vellas wife to cut the players hair and wax them (I'm serious). The fee they paid her was a de facto extra payment to Vella, and got counted under the cap. It is crazy money for hoppa based on an "expected" rise in the cap. If I was an eels fan or board member I would be asking serious questions of Osborne, and be despairing about 2012 and 2013, and dismayed about ever being able to deliver on the hoppa deal.

Rambo1987 said:
Cant blame Hoppa for going for that sort of Money and at least he not going to be there for the next 2 seasons.

Best of luck........
Yes good luck to him as he did us proud in our Grand final winning team. With the reported $500, 000 that hopa knocked back from us we can sign at least half a dozen up and coming parra juniors like T- Rex and Burhrer.

Osborne would have a certain sympatico with the Hopoate family. He's a religious fella too, who along with his wife has never heard of birth control.

manlysister said:
Im not worried that Hoppa is now an eel its the fact he lied on national television to all the Manly supporters saying he loved MANLY & wanted to return to this great club blah, blah, blah. If he hadnt said that I wouldnt be so dirty right now. I dont care hes gone just the way he went about it. And his slime of a father & his reaction on the news last night. Having said all that 2 years is a long way away . Anything could happen. Whos to say Hoppa will want to play footy again. How fit will he be anyway. Heres hoping the MIGHTY MANLY SEA EAGLES would have gone back 2 back 2 back by then.

My thoughts exactly, good luck to him taking the money, we all would, just the way he did it.

on #nrlunleashed Podcast @BulldogRitchie asked Will Hopoate "do you want to stay a Sea Eagle" reply was "these are like my Brothers"
Twitter for iPhone • 5/10/11 10:42 AM

I am glad I have this forum to vent my opinion. I'm not wishing William luck, and I will boo him when he plays for our feeder club in two years. Even though he is merely a victim of his idiot father's money hungry persuasions, he is old enough to decide for himself what he wants to do, and to leave Manly after we made him the highest paid 15 year old in RL and showed plenty of faith in him, it just sucks.

Rambo1987 said:

Best of luck........
mate I think we all agree with you,its just the lying that led up to it that hurts us all the most,these are his brothers,he must hate his brothers then if he did this to them.What was suppose to be a week of celebrating has turned into all the wrong headlines in the paper,all negative stuff,then again,that,s all you get from the telecrap isnt it

I'm hoping Hindy plays 2 more years and steals lockyers record

Kearney will be a good coach, had stuff all the work with this year

WAMF said:
lsz said:
Also he is just a kid who made an error of judgment. I would love to see any of you not make any mistakes when you were his age
You're kidding. Error of judgement?
More like a calculated effort to mislead.

Again put yourself in his shoes - getting questions about where he was going to be next year, under that much pressure how would you react

I am not saying what he did was right but you lot need to get some perspectiveand stop acting like it was personal insult

He will be out of the game for two years.

When he comes back he'll be the size of a prop and we don't need any more forwards.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12